Sun, Oct 6, 5:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Skintexture rendersettings

3Dpixi ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 6:00 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 3:40 AM

Please can somebody tell me what are the best settings to render so the textures and make-up won't fade? I have tried everything... but somehow their is allways something not right!!

I would appreciate any help very much!!

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 6:30 AM

Do you mean the texture looks slightly blurry or not crisp enough? If so, you'd be better turning off texture filtering or setting a lower min shading rate on your figure & render settings.

Sorry if this is not what you mean.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 7:49 AM

Show me your skin shader.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 9:03 AM

I was going to chime in, but I see you're in good hands :)

What little I know I've learned from Bagginsbill's work. In fact, I used his Apollo shader in my avatar!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

3Dpixi ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 11:21 AM

Thank you for your reactions...

Where can I find my skin shader?
[sorry, I am not a pro yet ;o]

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 1:53 PM

Oh - I thought you made one.

The skin shader is the material (Material Room configuraton) that defines the skin. Some shaders are simple and don't need the advanced material room (nodes). Others are so complicated they use hundreds of nodes to achieve effects.

You didn't show a render, or your render settings, or your shader, or your lights, so I need to figure out what is causing this "fade" you asked about. If you did something wrong in the shader, you could make any material fade to black or white or whatever. I can read shaders like English, so that's where I wanted to start, because that's the first place people go wrong.

The second place people go wrong is lights. I was going to ask about those, if and only if I saw that your shader was good.

Render settings (which you asked for) don't usually affect how things are colored or lit, such that they would appear "faded". Only shader or lights would do that.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.