Thu, Oct 3, 11:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: Tutorial on D|S Support?

Caelyn ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 4:12 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 11:20 AM

Are there any tutorials around to help with converting Poser mat poses to Daz Studio?

I've been working on a series of textures recently and would love to support D|S, but the tutorials I've come across have been very basic. (I've been going nuts trying to find tutorials on this for the last week, but I guess I don't know what to search for.)

How do I deal with - in Poser terms - specularity? I want to add shiny! to some textures but ... um... things go incredibly wonky?

Also, are there any tutorials that explain shaders? I would love to experiment and see what I can come up with, but I don't even know where and how to begin.
Thanks! And sorry for the hassle.^^;

Akhbour ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 5:39 AM

I think, I've never seen a tutorial about converting Poser-mats to D|S-mats and the rest of information will be basic since all the settings depend on your textures.

For the shaders have a look over at DAZ in the D|S Freepozitory, there quite a couple of free shaders, again depending on what you are looking for.

Could yoy give a bit more information concerning your textures? Are they skins, for cloths, props?

Peter

Peter

Caelyn ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 8:25 AM

Thanks for the response, Peter.^^

I've checked the shaders at the D|S Freepozitory, but I was kinda hoping to start getting a better understanding of how they work so I don't have to keep bothering people over this. If there is an explanation somewhere of what everything does, I've completely and utterly missed it.^^

As for the textures, the current set would be hair. I'm hoping to bring out the hair's highlights a little bit to give it a more of a natural (and not so flat!) look. I'm not sure if that's even possible at this point in D|S or, if it is, if it requires the purchase of a third-party item like pwsurface or something else.
If you could point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.

Really, thanks again.

casey42 ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 12:00 AM

A thread in the DAZ/Studio forum at DAZ3d explains the use of specularity and glossiness to acnieve the results you are looking for, I don't think it has been put into a tutorial yet.

Caelyn ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2008 at 1:05 AM

Thanks for the heads-up.^^ Haven't found the specific thread yet, but when I do, I'll post the link here in the hopes that someone else may find this information helpful.^^

Thanks again!

Akhbour ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 2:09 AM

For hair there is one shader which works very well: Pendragons Hairshader, you'll find more about it here: forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

Peter

Andrew_C ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 12:38 PM

This is the thread that discusses differences between Poser and D|S materials:
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=28250&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.