Wed, Oct 2, 8:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: 1st Peek

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 7:55 AM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 12:50 AM
FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 8:07 AM

Ooo shiny! thanks for the heads up Peggy

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Trepz ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 8:17 AM

NICE! Thank a million Peggy(;

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

sirrick ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 8:32 AM

Cool, Thanks Peggy

alexcoppo ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 9:17 AM

..."3rd generation of e-on’s patented EcoSystem ™ technology"... "SolidGrowth 4 HD"... perhaps I should start a fortune teller business!

Bye!!

P.S.: "Spectral 2 atmospheric engine"... may be TG2 fan boys will shut up...

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Trepz ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 9:31 AM

may be TG2 fan boys will shut up...

AMEN ALEX!!!

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 10:52 AM

Good news :) thx for heads up!
Sounds more of evolution than revolution.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Monsoon ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 11:34 AM

Good news indeed....looking forward to further details. Do you think maybe 'crash proof' will be in the new features lol..?

Trepz ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 12:27 PM

HA! not likely, maybe we will get some better plants though(;

Akhbour ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 2:23 PM

Sounds good!

starts stacking pennies in a corner for future update

Peter

Sethren ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 5:20 PM

Get clouds equivalent to TG2, better erosion tools, add more then one sun, better rocks with lots of noise detail, trees that have none of those obvious flat leaf clusters and a more global atmosphere and i'll consider Vue 7.

And no i am not a TG2 fan boy, he heh. I actually like neither Vue or TG2 but am undecided on the two but i am more leaning to Vue then anything else. Perhaps i can get some good scenes into Maya but we will see.

Kaji ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 7:55 PM

So does this mean it will not crash C4D this time? And it will be an honest to goodness 64 bit app for Mac?

MyCat ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 10:02 PM

I got the notice from e-on. Is there a word "underwhelming?" I was expecting something like dynamic cloth or hair! I guess I have just freed up the Vue-reserved $1K for other stuff.

Kaji ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 10:09 PM

Quote - I got the notice from e-on. Is there a word "underwhelming?" I was expecting something like dynamic cloth or hair! I guess I have just freed up the Vue-reserved $1K for other stuff.

There is now. :)

Didn't 6 just come out last year? How much can you really get in a 1 year development cycle...

Trepz ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2008 at 11:27 PM

Some people seem to forget what Vue is designed for really. Bitching that it is not an all in one application...cmon guys really. Vue is a pain in the ass at times, but there is nothing on the market that can do what it does as far as nature goes. Complaining that it doesent have this feature or that feature is just silly. It is made 1st and foremost to do LANDSCAPING and does it quite well. Look at the movies it is used for if you need proof. we all wish it could do this or that better, and at one point it will,but not over night. Rather than complain it doesent have all these new features lets complain that some things it has been doing since the start still doesent work right:D My Poser solution was to migrate to DAZStudio. I would never go back to using Poser.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 3:44 AM

Well that's not a FULL list of items, is it? :)

and yes, I'd do naughty things for E-on if they can make it crash proof!!! :p

does the Gopher Dance!

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 3:51 AM

new "Water Editor" did this mean we can have fluid water and waterfalls (hmm.... still dreaming :sleep: )

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 3:56 AM

Mazak,
lol was just gonna post on that!! ;)

hm, we can hope, and maybe overhnags etc for terains...

I desperately want the "clip" function in the terrain editor, to act as a mask on the terrain editor, like Bryce has had for AGES, it would make things sooooo much easier.

We can also hope for other htings offering free beer to E-On if they add particles!

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Kaji ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 7:03 AM

Quote - Some people seem to forget what Vue is designed for really. Bitching that it is not an all in one application...cmon guys really. Vue is a pain in the ass at times, but there is nothing on the market that can do what it does as far as nature goes. Complaining that it doesent have this feature or that feature is just silly. It is made 1st and foremost to do LANDSCAPING and does it quite well. Look at the movies it is used for if you need proof. we all wish it could do this or that better, and at one point it will,but not over night. Rather than complain it doesent have all these new features lets complain that some things it has been doing since the start still doesent work right:D My Poser solution was to migrate to DAZStudio. I would never go back to using Poser.

Right, I bought it to do landscaping and to integrate inside the hosting application, Cinema 4D. I don't have a problem with standalone mode, only with hosted mode. It crashes every time I use it. I can get it to crash consistently with a few clicks. Why did I pay for xStream if I can only use it like Infinite? That's my problem with it.

Trepz ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 8:31 AM

You XStream people exasperate me...If it really runs as bad as some say then shit...ask for a refund...I had it in v5 didnt make the same mistake twice. MANY MANY MANY  studios use it just fine...but for some odd reason we here do not...hhhmmm

Kaji ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 9:09 AM

Quote - You XStream people exasperate me...If it really runs as bad as some say then shit...ask for a refund...I had it in v5 didnt make the same mistake twice. MANY MANY MANY  studios use it just fine...but for some odd reason we here do not...hhhmmm

That's just a little harsh. In my case, I didn't come from a previous version of xStream. I had Infinite, which is a great program.

It's not just us on Rendo that complain. Take a look at e-on's own forums. You'll find nothing but complaints about xStream on Mac as well as Windows.

All I'm saying is that I am very hesitant to plunk down more money on a program that has such horrible bugs.

Trepz ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 9:21 AM

Oh sorry, no direct conotations meant to be had there...but for me it is the same shit all the time,personally mind you. all the people i relate to personally the only ones going to complain are always XStream users. 99.9% I know how it is as i said. the first version i bought personally was 5X to work with C4D...what a joke...it's been said a thousand thousand time by me and others believe me it is nothing new...but seriously..you have to think...you have people that designed a program to work with trees and hills, flowers et;al ok now you have people who see money over the past few years like most of us want more...who can we sell this to...Ozone for Cinema was brilliant. XStream...well not so much. it;ll come along. XStream is not there "flaship" Vue is, now Infinite. And it to has suffered and benifitted greatly. We have modern skies and clouds..but holy shit..the plants...GGGRRR. And as a friend made it perfectly clear today...backlighting is only for SG...WWWAAAHHH...ok so what do we do...stop buying Vue...course not....my point...Whatever they make WE will buy(;

-Paul

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 10:00 AM

I am as Infinite user no 10 horses (no promises and nice words) bring me to use XStream ever.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 2:38 PM

If "ecosystem painting" is what I think it is (the ability to designate parts of a terrain to be filled in with a given ecosystem, rather than the whole thing) then that is one very exciting new feature. 

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 2:54 PM

we already can paint ecos in Vue6I
what we need is the ability to see what the hell we are painting on!! ;)

ie, able to render top view port, keep it as background, as we cna do in main view port, so we cna see where to paint ecos.

can't believe they were so short sighted as to ignore that necessity, in V6, sigh.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 4:23 PM

Quote - If "ecosystem painting" is what I think it is (the ability to designate parts of a terrain to be filled in with a given ecosystem, rather than the whole thing) then that is one very exciting new feature. 

You can already do that with distribution maps actually

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

alexcoppo ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 5:23 PM

Maybe the new ecosystems can populate volumes; it would be a great way to create clouds, piles of smoke etc.

Bye!!!

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Sethren ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 7:32 PM

Volume population sounds nifty. Speaking of the water system that was mentioned. Crashing waves with particle spray perhaps, i hate guessing but that would be nice to have.

I for one do not expect Vue to be an all in one (nothing out there is an all in one, not even Maya) but it's focus is creating worlds so to improve on those strengths is a given therefore adding the features we should naturally want and to enhance the existing tool sets already there. I beleave they will but curious to what extent besides what was mentioned by e-on already. It will be nice to get some videos and photos of Vue 7 after Siggraph is over with.   :)

When i said i like neither it meant that i do not refuse to use these apps but am dissapointed in the areas where they lack. I want realism but perhaps i am to picky about wanting to get things real, to real.   :/

7 versions of Vue so there should be paradigm shifts in changes for Vue by now but i don't see this as much as a huge shift as it should be. Vue 5 to 6 was a great change but i would like 6 to 7 to be that huge shift.

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 12:19 AM

Thanks for the corrections folks. I'm a Pro Studio noob, and it shows.  :-) 

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 1:04 AM

Personally i would like to be able to see my materials in the main view port akin to Poser with the OpenGL so as to no have to render it out in loud ass colors to see my distribution,and this to would help greatly in eco painting...oh did i mention BETTER PLANTS:D

ZekeWild ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 3:07 AM

Kelebundah! Can't Wait! Whoo-Hoo!

Thelby ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 4:19 AM

Yeah, I just might even upgrade to Vue 7 Infinite and step out of Pro Studio that I find is very stable and Incredibly easy to handle. It will take 10s of billions of polys, also and not whimper at all. So I look for the Annual December sale to come rolling round the bend for my upgrade!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.