Sat, Oct 5, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Help for Material Room

heli232 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 12:29 PM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:23 AM

file_411269.jpg

I know there was a solution posted here in this forum (maps dont fit correct together), but I have not found it using the search function. Did not know what to search for exactly. Any help?

ShawnMcCarthy ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 12:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=34&page=3

I use the texture filter from SVDL, follow the link above, near the bottem of the page you will see the texture filter python script (**Poser 7 Texture Filtering utility).**

Shawn McCarthy
www.defyallchallenges.com

ShawnMcCarthy ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 1:00 PM

After you install the python script you can run the script and then >>>

Turn Texture Filtering OFF for the figure.

You could additional try setting the min shading rate to a lower value, by going into the render settings and clicking manual (aquire from auto), and then setting the min shading rate to a value closer to 0 (the default I believe is 1).

The script bsaically goes through all of the materials for the figure and turns off the texture filtering (the default I believe is Quality), and for hte DAZ figures (and texture maps) this causes those seems to appear.

Hope that helps explain it, or provides you with the necessary search terms.

Shawn McCarthy

chris1972 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 2:42 PM

It would appear from what I'm seeing that there is not enough border overage or bleed as it's called in printing. You need about a 6-10 pixel border around all your map areas.

heli232 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 2:06 AM

Thanks for your hints, I downloaded the Python script, but it does not change the effect.
The figure is V 4.2 and the texture is daz elite, so I think it should fit at all.

But I can remember there was a thread in this forum showing a picture looking similar to mine.
Can anybody remember?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 7:51 AM

You have to run it, not just download it. :)

Seriously, I suppose you meant you ran it, but sometimes people make mistakes with scripts. Go into the material room, select one of the skin material zones, and verify that the Image_Map node showing the color is actually set to Texture Filtering: None. If it is any other value, you will get those mismatches, unless you seriously improve your render settings.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

ShawnMcCarthy ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 8:41 AM

file_411313.jpg

Here is DAZ Victoria 4.2 with Maya Texture Applied. Click the Image to see a bigger image.

Shawn McCarthy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.