Sun, Sep 15, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: "August Forum Challenge - It's The Power of 3's"

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 3:02 PM

PJ!

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 3:52 PM

@PJ

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

BorisB ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 4:02 PM

file_411342.jpg

Three wasps

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 4:23 PM

Good one Boris :)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

tizjezzme ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 5:00 PM

Such excellent entries here .. you've all gotten me totally inspired to find the 3's in the world.  :) :) :)

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 5:36 PM

Beautiful indeed Boris B  :)

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 7:28 PM

file_411352.jpg

Just shot these three keys

Flannelman ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 9:11 PM

This is so cool and funny. Great choices and I'm rolling on the floor. It pays to check the R-R links.  Did U see those 3 snails on the apple?
;-)

Flannelman ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 9:23 PM

file_411355.jpg

I found 3 birds. ;-) fm

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 9:26 PM

file_411356.JPG

(snicker, grin, arf, arf...:lol: ) That's really interesting...you say, there is a post in this challenge of 3 snails on an apple?  :ohmy: I think I heard that somewhere... But how about this! I call this little number, Three Flowers on a Cactus!

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Flannelman ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 9:26 PM

file_411357.jpg

Hey, I found 3 more ;-) fm

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 9:28 PM

Oh, wow! Flannelman! That is awesome. I love that bird in the holding pattern. I have SO much to learn!

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 9:30 PM

Oh! and look at the other three birds! you know...three birds in the water. You've been holding back on me!

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 11:28 PM

lol you did find three birds...Nice one:)

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:05 AM

Oh I like the 3 keys. Just superb. :)

And the 3 little birds are just cute.

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:11 AM

OH WOW the 3 cactuc flowers are so lovely !!!

Oh ! and the 3 pink birds. So lovely too.

This is really fun...and the apple.... the one with 3 snails on. WOW ;-)

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 6:01 AM

file_411376.jpg

Three of each, Apples and Oranges, I eat about 12 Apples and 6 to 8 Oranges per week, plus other fruit.  It just so happened I got down to three of each.  That means more shopping today.

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:01 AM

Nice one Jeff :)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:16 AM

It's so wonderful to see so many of you having all this FUN!!!  I  am going on a 3-hunt today after family obligations; i hope to find some good things to shoot.. Love the 3 snails on an apple LOL and 3 keys, and of course the 3:00 !! :-)  and 3 birds, 3 flamingos, 3 apples w/oranges.. COOL IDEA.... 3 flowers on cactus .. the are all SO GOOD.

P. Vermeulen

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:37 AM · edited Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:42 AM

Now this is getting out of hand! :ohmy:

Great entries Boris, Ronnie, PJ, Jeff and Flannelman and I hope I did not skip a name now...

Edit: No, No Shari! Don't make excuses now! We know you don't have a thing to enter here...
:b_funny:

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:43 AM

Alright Big Guy ... Its ON !!

P. Vermeulen

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 9:34 AM

file_411392.jpg

What about 3 brushes?

rocserum ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 9:40 AM

file_411393.jpg

Reading the challence I could'nt resist, my first tought was this birthday, a shot I've taken some time a go, but I promis you, a very resent (today) image after this one. In fact, you see 3 times 3, the girl, the careful mom and the baby, 3 candles ready to blow out, and 3 years to celebrate. Cornelis

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 9:56 AM

Yes that is very threesome :)))

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 10:06 AM

Awesome .. I love it!  :)

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 10:37 AM

Excellent contribution Roc!

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 10:47 AM

file_411394.jpg

How about

Three inches

And three centimetres :)

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 10:57 AM

HEHE ! Now I know what an inch is

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:02 AM

Cornelis and Helle, thats good! I love to see how creative people become.

I can still upload one! Back to the drawing board...

I wonder what happened to Shari, she was so quick to challenge! "big guy" pffft!

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:09 AM

Piet  and thanks.
Darn I cant post more

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:21 AM

Well said Piet :)...she has flown the coup I think,
or she has fallen asleep untill three?

No offense Shaz, ya know RJ thinks ya great :)

drag ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 12:45 PM

file_411398.jpg

Ok here's my entry into the fun fest.  We have about forty bands tails visiting us this year, here is just three of them.  There is some great images posted so far I've injoyed looking at.  Flannemans birds are great as well as PJ's cactus flowers.  And that cake looks yummy  Cornelis.  And Piet where's that third one lol.

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 12:51 PM

wellcome to the fun drag :)...nice one!

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 1:03 PM

Wow! You KNOW I adore pigeons and these are really wonderful. Most of the ones around here aren't going to look alike as these do. They are all color mixed. I love how you got the muscular, hunched shoulders with the straight backs on those two.

Hey, PD154... I guess you are saying that size matters? I'll never get my American brain around the centimeter thing. No matter how many times it's explained, I can't make an easy comparison to the inch without getting a calculator out and then I still have to break inches down to "parts of inches..."

I've got another possible entry but I am hoping to find something else even better to enter.  I have a lot of snails around here... hmmmmmmmmmmmm...maybe I can do something with that? LOL

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:00 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:06 PM

file_411404.jpg

Hi Friends

Piet has nagged and nagged and nagged me until I have now finally given in and tried to be a tad creative to place something three.....

These three are my bear family and from left to right are:
Lilly - she came into my life last year at Christmas wrapped around some lovely lavender bath foam....
Harry - Well Harry was given to me two Christmasses ago by my boss of all people and Harry is actually from Harrods in London...
Spencer - Oh he is special - Spence came into my life the day after my mother passed away on Mother's Day in 2003. he was 'n gift from my eldest.

So - not quite THE three bears, but three bears nonetheless.

Hugs, Carin

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:04 PM

I just had a look through all the pics and boy - are you guys creative!!! Wow - every single image is special - either artistically or funny!!! Well done to all of you...

Piet - happy????

Will place another one on another day....

Pfft - men can nag!!!!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:09 PM

I don't know what that Shari is playing at, she goes on and on at people to get posting on this thread and she still hasn't managed one herself.

COME ON SHARI, we are waiting!!!!!

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:21 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:23 PM

Hey Bonita and Carin have joined the challenge with very exquisite pigeons and the bears! :D

Great stuff, welcome to the challenge!

I think Shari has indeed flown the coup Ronnie. :rolleyes:
Edit: You said it Jeff!!!

@PJ: As for the inches/centimeter debate, it is easy and very sensible to go metric. We changed to measuring gas in liters, so now we pay a 1/4 for a liter compared to a gallon in the USA. :tongue1:

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:25 PM

Carin, glad you could join in nice one,
PJ size does not matter :), and I am with you on the centimeteres :)
...after all who ever heard Danny Kaye sing centimeter worm
centimeter worm measuring the marigolds?

Jeff be careful LOL!

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:30 PM

I cant laugh with you Piet, because I dont know how much a gallon is .........in liters

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:31 PM

OH I like so much your bears Carin :))) They are really cute :)

West_coaster07 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:38 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2008 at 2:40 PM

Carin,
Great capture of this "New" age family of the three bears.  The story stays the same with just some minor adjustments...ie "Daddy-Daddy, Daddy-Mommy, and daughter bear, Lily"....

Just like real life !!!
Love it!!

CavalierLady ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 3:39 PM

file_411406.jpg

A really fun challenge this month.  I am enjoying all the posts. Here's three views of the same robin.

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 3:42 PM

file_411408.jpg

While talking to Dani this afternoon about the challenge and how well its going, she took it upon herself to position 3 fries between her lips.. God I love that kid!  lol

P. Vermeulen

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 3:43 PM

******** DOES THREE REALLY HAVE TO BE A LIMIT?  BOSS?  CAN WE DO MORE?  THIS IS JUST TOO FUN!!!  **************

P. Vermeulen

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 3:48 PM

:b_unbelievable:

Somebody is back...

Welcome back Shari, what an entry!

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 3:49 PM

file_411409.jpg

Who flew the coop?   With gas prices as they are, who can afford to fly anywhere.

Pfft !!!

P. Vermeulen

rocserum ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 4:19 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2008 at 4:20 PM

file_411410.jpg

Seeing all these postings its very inspiring to join this tread, cant help it but on my way shopping today I saw so many 3-tings to play with, lots of fun  and there's al so a lot of humor in it.  So I ask my wife to make a shot of me with my favorite newspaper page, the one with the comic strips, tree different ones. Still tree, is'nt ?  Cornelis

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 4:51 PM

Good heavens, Shari! I love your gas prices! I saw ours fell this morning to $3.99 for regular but last week it was $4.09. Last month we hit a high of $4.49!!! 

Good one, Carin. Do you go so far as to dress them up in different outfits? We used to have a wardrobe full of clothes for a stuffed bear we had.  Baffling...

Those robins are awesome! WoooooWoooooo!

Cornelis, you posted my morning.  That's what I did as soon as my coffee was poured this morning. Good one.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 5:53 PM

PJ -- I know we are considered LUCKY to have these gas prices; they are much higher everywhere else just about.  For some reason ours is lowering more and more ... but then u know what they say -- its always calm before the storm!

Carin -- SO GLAD you entered!!!  Them teddys are TOO CUTE!

mairekas -- 3 snails on an apple.  HOW COOL

Ronnie -- .. love the 3 inch/centimeter thing.  :) :) :)

Bonita!!! -- you joined the fun fest!!  woo hoo!!  :)   Great entry too !

JEFF --  :-)   I finally made it  hanging my head in shame  but now that I went 3-shopping today, I wish i could upload a dozen more!  this is FUN!  lol 

P. Vermeulen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.