Wed, Sep 18, 1:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: That awful crease under the shoulder ....

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:08 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 2:46 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_411427.jpg

Hi all,

In the title of this thread, I am talking about where the armpit crease goes almost all the way through to the shoulders. It seems to affect most Poser characters and looks most unnatural. One exception to this would be Apollo Maximus, who seems to have very natural looking shoulders.

M3 and V3 seem to be the worst affected --- V3 without any body morphs looks like a ragdoll, and M3 looks like a stick insect.

I wonder if anyone has found a workaround for this ? ..... I'm not holding out much hope, as I have heard that it has something to do with the rigging and is by-and-large unavoidable.

Failing that, has anyone had success (say) with postwork using an image editor such as Photoshop ? If so, how did you do it ?

Thanks for any feedback.

regards,
Andrew

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:22 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:23 PM

Dave Burdick does a script to improve the geometry in this area on V4. I don't know if there are versions for other characters out there... but it can be done at any rate.

Btw, does he have something to hide?

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:36 PM

Hi IsaoShi,

Do you have a link for that script ?

thanks,
Andrew

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:44 PM

file_411428.jpg

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:48 PM

Quote -
Hi IsaoShi,

Do you have a link for that script ?

thanks,
Andrew

See these threads:

www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php

forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

LadyMari ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:50 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:52 PM

I usually end up postworking the shoulders (if exposed and looking bad) in Photoshop.  I use either the spot healing tool or the clone stamp tool...whichever works better taking into consideration shading, etc.  For the most part, it's a pretty quick fix.  (I've tried a couple of other types of fixes but not with much success.  For me, postworking serves the purpose just fine.)

replicand ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 9:23 PM

FYI it looks equally bad when trying to rig DAZ characters in my favorite non-Poser app. I think it partially has to do with the topology in that area.

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 10:23 PM

Joe Public, what about the morphing tool ?

I have tried it to fix the shoulder/armpit aberration, and it ends up making a total mess of the armpit (it looks more like an explosion hit it).

Has anyone done a fix for V3/M3, who are the worst sufferers of this "condition" ?

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:20 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_411440.jpg

Set the magnitude to about 100 to 500. Set the radius to 200. Use "pull-screen" to move the arm crease down. Then set the magnitude to 1000 to smooth the crease.

Picture shows David with morphbrushed armpit fix.
Took me about 20 seconds per shoulder to do.

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:43 PM

Not bad, Joe Public, with those settings I got some reasonable results. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.