Sat, Sep 21, 5:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Last Week In The Gallery 32

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2008 at 8:18 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:25 PM

file_411481.jpg

Welcome to Last Week In The Gallery # 32

Once again, we have a fine collection of images selected by our staff.

I think we have a nice balance of new and established artists.

You can see the full collage with links HERE.

I think it's appropriate to give out a little information about the process.

Currently, Kort is taking some time off, and David is experiencing computer issues.

So, that leaves myself, Shari and Piet to select the images. You can do the math..It's 10 images for each of us to select.

In the past we had rules about a specific number of images each day, we don't do that anymore.. I feel it's better for the staff to have flexibility to select images..There are days when there are a lot "WOW" images..There are days when we struggle to make a selection.(at least I know I do)

We try to divide up up evenly among the staff..When people get busy or have other pressing issues, we shift the numbers around..

We select the images from Sunday through Saturday. That way each day of the week is represented.

So, the next question is what do we look for in an image?

I can say this much for sure...It has NOTHING to do with Views, comments or ratings.

Some of you may remember the old HOT 20...which ranked images by Views, comments and ratings..It was a train wreck..If you had a lot of friends, you were at the top of the list.

Please don't think I'm saying there is anything wrong with having a lot of friends who comment on your work..If you do..more power to ya !!

What we look for is excellent  photography. We look for photo's that have that certain "something".
Photo's that stand out.

We also look for the "hidden gems"... images that deserve a second look..

When I started this a few years ago..We waited till the end of the week then looked for images that has less than a set number of comments..Nice idea..but it made it tough, and it put the staff under some pressure to do it "all at once"

Try looking back at a weeks worth of images !!!

We try to find a balance between established photographers and new emerging artists.

We don't select the same artist more than two weeks in a  row.

I wasn't part of the Photo staff when this started...It is my understanding that the idea was to select image that "deserves a second look"

WE still strive for that..But, I almost feel like LWITG is bigger than us...It's kinda evolved and taken on a life of it's own...

One thing I do have to brag about...is we are now at week 32 and we have a collage for EVERY SINGLE WEEK....and a record of it !!!!!

If you have ANY QUESTIONS...feel free to drop me a line...

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

Lucie ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2008 at 10:10 PM

want to thank you for selecting one of my images this week, I feel EXTREMELY honored to see one of my photos featured among all thoses awesome photographs. 

Thanks also for explaing how you guys proceed to select images...  I can imagine how difficult it must be to pick only a few when there are so many beautiful photos to look at in the gallery but I think you all make a great team, your selections are always a pleasure to look at and they've made me discover many wonderful artists.

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

RobyHermida ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2008 at 11:22 PM

file_411491.gif

Queridos Amigos!!! Yo quiero felicitarlos a todos , por ser tan buenos artistas todos. Yo aprendo mucho de cada uno de mis amigos!! Muchas felicitaciones. Disfruten de este merecido reconocimiento Aplausos para todos!!! Roby ******************************************************* Dear Friends! I want to congratulate them all, for being so good all artists. I learn a lot from each of my friends! Many congratulations. Enjoy this well-deserved recognition Applause for all! Roby ******************************************************* Chers amis! Je tiens à féliciter tous, pour avoir été si bien tous les artistes. J'apprends beaucoup de chacun de mes amis! Toutes mes félicitations. Profitez de cette reconnaissance bien méritée Applaudissements pour tous! Roby ******************************************************* 親愛なる友達! すべてのしたいことを祝福し、すべてのアーティストが良いようです。 私からたくさんのことを学ぶ私の友人の各! 多くのおめでとうございます。 この当然の認識を楽しむ 拍手喝采のすべての! roby

Asmoday ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 3:38 AM

Wow... I really don´t have the words, it´s the second time in 2 weeks that you select an image of me and... that´s absolutly awesome, I have just a very simple gear, and is great to be considered here with all this fabulous artists... Thank you very much and congrats to all!!

Eutopia ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 3:40 AM

Wow!!  Of all the images I've posted, that's the one I hesitated the most on because I wasn't sure it was even that good :-p

Thanks so much - I am speechless now!!!

I think I'm going to be walking on air for the rest of the week... haha

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 3:59 AM

Even the weeks where I can find enough time to browse the galleries I'm always amazed by the jewels discovered by the staff... great choices, Shari, Piet and Bruce !
Congratulations to all the artists !

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 4:09 AM

Congratulations to all!

I am not going to mention any names, else I may leave out excellent nominations. You all did extremely well but allow me to have a special encouraging message to the newer Renderosity members.

May this inspire you to do even better.

Thank you for the excellent informal way in which you explained the process Bruce.

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

avex ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 4:39 AM

Thanks for choosing mine! i really wasn't expecting it (nobody commented it, so i thought people didn'e like it). 

Great job everyone, all pics are excelent.

See you next week ;)

Demoshane ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 5:27 AM

Omg, huge thanks for featuring me as one of photographers. Im really honored to see my shot among those fantastic photos. Thank you so much and congratulations to everyone featured there!

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 6:59 AM

My thanks to the folks who had work selected..thanks for your artistry.  And, thanks to Bruce, Shari and Piet for seeing and bringing your work to us. 

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 7:12 AM

As Bruce say's I having computer problems so I have not been on line anywhere near as much as normal.  There is as always a super selection here.  I will try and catch up soon.  Well done to everyone here and everyone else who posted last week.  I hope to be back up and working for you all in September.  In the mean time be good!

ecurb - The Devil

odie ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 8:00 AM

Another beautiful piece of work.  You guys do such a wonderful job and I am proud to be part of it.

I kid-proofed my house but they STILL get in!!

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 8:45 AM

Thanks for the explanation!  (I just love information!)  :)  I don't envy you the  task of picking which images go in LWITG every week.  That has to be a tough job!   I love this feature, and appreciate all the hard work the staff puts in every week.

Another marvellous compilation!  Congrats to everyone who's had their work represented this week!

:)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

mnof ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 10:01 AM

Nuevamente gracias por reconocer un trabajo mio entre tantos maravillosos. Felicitaciones a todos, los que están aquí y los que comparten a diario su trabajo.

Again, thank you for recognizing my work among so many wonderful. Congratulations to all those who are here and those who share their daily work.

At. Mariano

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 10:10 AM

Good explanation Bruce...I guess we were due to give one, eh? :o) Thanks for choosing my photo to be among the other fabulous shots here, I am honored. ~kort

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

drag ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 10:58 AM

I always wondered how you selected the LWitG photographs, so thanks for the info.  Now I know lol.  And what a great selection of photographs this time around.  Some I seen and some I missed.  That's why I always check LWitG.  So thanks  for a great presentation. And congrats to everyone selected.  Excellent work.

DarkGod ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 12:17 PM

WOW !!!!  A very huge thank you for featuring me as one of the photographers.. It certainly inspires me to go out and do better,,

BernieStafford ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 12:18 PM

Many thanks for selecting another one of my images for LWITG - I really appreciate being amongst such a superb display of photographic artistry.

ag_tn ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 2:03 PM

Oh, Thanks you guys so much for choosing my pic!!
I love to take pics of my stuff in my yard....

Like I said , Thank You  so much for choosing me

Tina
:)

delaorden_ojeda ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 6:08 PM

I am honored to see one of my photos here, thanks for choosing one of mine congrats to all !

thanks

Tony

mermaid ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2008 at 5:10 AM

Wow...never thought of this one to see it in LWTG...thanks a lot...I feel honored for sure...smile...and congrats to all in LWTG too...smile
Ulla

Ostrovskinator ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2008 at 7:36 AM

Thanks for choosing one of my photos!! You guys did a great job choosing photos, there are some great ones here!! I didn't know what people meant by saying "Congrats on your selection to the Last week in the gallery!" I now know and I appreciate it!!! :o)

mwilliams ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2008 at 11:34 PM

It really is an honor to be noticed in the vast sea of such talented people.  Thank you for taking the time for a second look!

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2008 at 9:57 PM

Well done all, some great images here!

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 8:27 PM

Very informative and give an extra value in the job what you guys doing. Sound easy, just has to pick 30, now it seems more than that.

seeya  Tunde

mbz2662 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 8:32 PM

I've just returned from vacation, so what a pleasant surprise to come back to.  Thank you :) and Congratulations to everyone selected!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.