Wed, Oct 2, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Does anyone know what this means?

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 6:53 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:42 PM

This is the second time I get this error after loading Poser6.  Poser seems to work okay, but I don't know what this means:

XML
Parse Error:
junk after document element at line2

Any ideas?

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 7:14 AM

Recently a lot of folks have been seeing error messages similar to this, myself included. My suspicion is that a recent Windows update has made some changes to the way Poser is allowed to save its user preference files.

I am currently "waiting to see what happens" and hoping for a definitive answer from Smith Micro. Up until then I'm just closing the error message message and continuing with what I'm doing. I feel that if I guess at a solution, even though it may be a good guess, it may not right and could cause more harm than good.

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 7:22 AM

Thanks Phil, you're probably right about the updates...I hadn't thought of that.  I guess as long as Poser still works it doesn't matter, but it would be nice to know why this is happening.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 7:32 AM

Yesterday I posted in here about that... If you check your preference setting and see under the Misc Tab under Software Update, that box is checked,  uncheck it. If you got your  Poser software from what used to be curious lab or e-frontier, then it is trying to connect to the hard coded URL that is no longer there and getting the typical 404 error code or possibly getting a re-direct to the Smith-Micro site which it ironically is labeling as "junk"...

LOL

BTW, I don't think Smith Micro is doing anything about it except making money off the software. It got a lot of other stuff to pay attention to 1 line of software.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 7:44 AM

Thanks ThunderStone, sorry I didn't see your post yesterday.  It is kind of funny that they label Smith-Micro site as junk!  :biggrin:

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 11:31 AM

I'm using Poser pro so I suppose It won't  call Curious Labs for Software Updates, but I'm also getting the "junk error message" , perhaps the whole smith micro site is considered Junk .
And I thought the messages were caused by the recent Poserpro service release!

Besides being annoyal, the messages appear to be rather harmless.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 11:38 AM

Yup, thanks Thunderstone, followed your advice, unchecked the box and bingo, message gone!

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2008 at 12:32 PM

To further prove the point, I click on the button "Check Now" and I got the now famous junk message.  So it goes to prove what I have been thinking along... Since Poser 7 is an upgraded version of the prior Poser version 6, they haven't gotten around to taking care of that little hard coded URL. Really, they are too busy with other stuffs like winzip and other non 3d products to worry about lil ol Poser... But they like the money they are making off the sh..er... software (gotta clean up my language for the G-rated audience). 😉 And it also prove that Poser thinks of SM website as junk :lol:  or perhaps, to be fair, SM isn't set up to have automatic updates like those Poser sites of yon.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 7:59 PM

Ah.  I was wondering about that message.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 8:13 PM

Same is happening to me too... and also, all of a sudden it's not remembering last used interface layout... and my hierarchy editor disappeared somewhere off the screen. :(

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

patorak ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 9:47 PM

XML
Parse Error:
junk after document element at line2

I've been getting something similiar...

xml
Parse Error Hal 2001
Pat...I can't let you do this...I have to take over your computer...It's for your own good...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.