Tue, Oct 22, 12:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Curious

Prince Ike ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 8:37 PM

I knew it !!! Yes, from the quality of advise, tips, tricks and comments on this forum, some how I had the feeling there were older, seasoned veterans on this block. I'm just 27. I don't know about other younger "poserers" like myself, but believe me, I'm most honoured to have all you older folks around. We love ya'll !!!!!

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 8:47 PM

Not only are we of varying age, but I bet our origins of poser are different. Like me, I got into it because it was cool and something fun to play with. And yes poser is a great toy :) Being a 16 year old, of course people at my school arent into anything like this, so its nice to have a community like this to chat with fellow Poser people.

Styxx ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 9:06 PM

I feel much younger now! I'm just 34. My body however, it about 88... But hey, can't win em all eh? Styxx

BillyGoat ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 9:34 PM

This ole gal is 47... I used to baby sit project mangers and engineers. Oh, and I'm a mean one too. Ask Marque.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 10:00 PM

I'm also 54, but I still think of myself as 26!

szeven ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 10:08 PM

turned 34 in middle of June. been using poser for 2 years.

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:12 PM

hrmmmm... I still remember telling God that a soft rock would be bettre ... then there's the dirt/water fiasco.. but we won't get into that 8 )

Scarab ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:19 PM

48 here (though parts of my brain are still nine years old) Darth Wookie, you are wrong on two accounts, Grasshopper; 1: we ALL picked up Poser because it was "cool and fun to play with...." (listen youngster, when you get our age, you'll realize that's the only reason to do ANYTHING...if you can make a living at it, you are blessed...) 2: People at your school aren't into it because you havent SHOWN it to them....being a leader in this world can be a matter of sharing your joy in something. (And what sixteen year old would not like to be the "master" of his group?...I know I would have....) Do a simple animation with your Darth Maul character and you'll have your own fan club! Scarab<-who has waited thirty years to call someone "Grasshopper"...thank you Darth.....

skee ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:23 PM

51 and still playing. I never would have guessed the age group here. This is a great group. skee

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

aritc10600 ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:37 PM

rbtwhiz ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2001 at 11:37 PM

Helen / Nan, Thanks for happy wishes on my adding another candle to the cake. I'm sure the addition of others will come too quick, just as this one did. -Rob rbtwhiz.com

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 12:02 AM

I have a friend that I had try poser, and he chose 3d studio over it....... bah! I am gradually learning 3d studio with the pro pack plugins and junk. I have friends I have shown with animations, some people were watching me as I went along with my poser skill, and they never were interested lol :) They were only interested in the next picture that I would make lol But its all fun for me, poser is a toy that I love playing with. My main work and goal when I make my models is detail, I go as far as I can. The next figure that I am going to make is a Headless Horseman (from the burton film)for Michael. All those armor details are going to be hard to work out but it will be a fun project.

Scarab ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 12:15 AM

"They were only interested in the next picture that I would make lol" Young Idiot....ask them what kind of picture THEY would like to do...then produce it before their astonished eyes. (they will not show that they are astonished of course, that would be "uncool"....but sooner or later...one...then two...will return and say...."can you do THIS (oh master) or can you do THAT (oh master)....be patient, Grasshopper (wiggles with delight)...show only each quantum leap....soon....soon...you will have them in the palm of your hand. It is the nature of heroes to be rejected at first.... Scarab<-(try some "bodice ripper" type images if you want to go for the chicks first...)

Nate ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 1:07 AM

Since I'm on a trek into eternity, age is totally irrelevant. Knowledge ain't much better, it's wisdom (what to do with the knowledge) that makes a difference. to quote a sage... A wise old owl lived in an oak The more he saw the less he spoke, the less he spoke, the more he heard... the wise old owl was a wise old bird. Wish I wuz as wise as that birdie... then I could give a hoot.

On-line portfolio / Making figurines in China / Gallery  / Video Demos

Don ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 1:47 AM

Attached Link: http://home.earthlink.net/~donaldwalbert/Pages/DAGAillustration.html

I'm 51, like several others here. 1950 was a very good year. I've been a professional illustrator for almost 30 years. Got Poser3 as a posing and lighting aid for 2D work. But then... I got hooked on the 3D. To me it is like sculpture. Now I actually use P4 in some assignments, the render being published. You can see some samples at URL attached. I, too, thought most of you were a bucha kids! Several peoople have said that. Ha! This is so amusing! But, it does go to show... I f so many of us had this perception, it sure indicates a lot of youthful enthusiasm, energy , and spirit amongst the Poser community. That is so very heart-warming. And...Way Cool!! 3Don

Uthena ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 2:05 AM

Lol. I will be 21 July 25th!

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 5:41 AM

hmm - how old can a vampire be ??? Most people call me like this (because of my sunshine-allergy and the fact I'm only reachable deep in the night ...) and age - hmmm does it really matters ... but for those who think it matters - I'm 30 :o)

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 10:06 AM

I'm still here at 52!

Dr Zik ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 10:22 AM

Hi Folks! I'm 18-- with 29 years of experience! LOL What an interesting variety of years lived! I too would have thought that most of the folks at this forum were young'uns. Peter (Dr Zik)

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 10:43 AM

Geez, I thought most of you were younger than me, but I guess I got it the other way around. Most mornings I feel like 55, but my birth certificate tells me I am only 26. Never expected that that would make me one of the young ones, lol. Angela

nfredman ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 10:52 AM

Hey, Zik, ain't it wonderful? People having a blast are all young. It's a tremendous thing to be able to really play at any age. It's one of the neat things about humans. Wow, anyone remember Poser 1.0? Nifty concept, could only the wacky wire frame guy with clothes on before render, dials were hidden, and if you imported hair, it was the same size as the figure and we couldn't figger out how to resize or apply it. BOY has Poser come a long way. i was messing with Mehndi's UltraSalon hair & the amazing changing fantasy suit on V2 last night, and having a blast. Man! Nifty! When Poser 4 came out i upgraded, and realized that i could get decent lighting/figure references out of Poser & Bryce--best "studio" i ever had. And for sci-fi/fantasy stuff, excellent: like i could ever find someone to pose in a hardsuit to get the lighting right? Move that planet a little more over your left shoulder, please.... And it's just evolving from there. ((big grin!))

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 11:07 AM

I am 32 ...

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 1:17 PM

Take your pick: Mentally: 14. Emotionally: 5. Physically: 40+. Birth certificate: 31.

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 1:51 PM

I'll be 38 this Summer... -Jeff

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 2:08 PM

Heh heh. I glad I'm not the only old fart. ;] I'm on public record on the front page, so I might as well fess up - 41 this January. The rumours that Wizzard and I sank Atlantis by pulling the chain running down into the public baths are just that: absolutely unfounded rumours.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 2:14 PM

Wow - Ok I feel better now. I'll be 38 in July .. going on 10 at heart. ;) Playing with Poser since Poser 2. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 2:28 PM

Face it, no matter what the chronological age - we're all a buncha punk kids!! giggle Kate

rain ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 3:36 PM

Hey Ironbear...whadda mean old fart? At 41?!! :-) Now that makes me - at 54 - feel positively ancient LOL. Claire

rcook ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 3:36 PM

Cool thread guys! I'm just a baby here it seems. :) I'm 30.

bebop ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 4:37 PM

Attached Link: http://communities.msn.co.uk/DecrepitOldCodgerssite/_whatsnew.msnw

http://communities.msn.co.uk/DecrepitOldCodgerssite/_whatsnew.msnw I'm already a member

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 6:10 PM

snicker Sorry Rain... nuthin personal. If it makes you feel better, choose to believe the unfounded rumour that Wizz and I sank Atlantis insead - all rumours about me are true and I deny all of them just by reflex. grin

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 7:59 PM

36 here, but after this day, I feel more like , uhh, maybe 38 or so. shrug I dunno. Is that bone supposed to make that noise like that? I went to the doctor last week and told him it hurts when I raise my arm up, so he told me, "Don't raise your arm up." Seemed like good advice. ;) Thanks for the much-needed, uplifting thread. It's really nice to know all this. :)

shelly ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 8:58 PM

I remember when I could finally play Star Trek on a "CRT" instead of a "DEC writer" on the University's mainframe computer. Sooo that makes me about 46.

Moonbiter ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 9:48 PM

Here I was thinking I was the wierd old guy who hung around with the cool young crowd. Now I find out I'm the wierd yound guy...heh. BTW I will be 31 soon.

GrayMare ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 10:04 PM
  1. Can't think of anything even remotely comedic, witty, or intellectual right now though..The Evil Eye my son painted on my cast keeps looking at me. GrayMare

TJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 10:31 PM

27 and counting backwards :-)

kdmccoy ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2001 at 10:48 PM

42, but with the right morph targets and lighting...

KenS ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 2:08 AM

30 here and I work at a convienance store, go figure! Happy bday Rob! Ken

Cheryle ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 3:30 AM

36 here and prepress grunt in a print shop. been poserising chia pets since ...Last week! ;) been using poser since around Nov, dec .2000 (when i got kidnapped and drug into the Render wars forum ;) they let me out every now and again, *hopes TIO doesn't notice i slipped the leash again

praxis22 ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 10:49 AM

35 at presnt, 36 in September... Been "playing" with poser for about a year. later jb

kimmarcus ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 12:08 PM

Appropriately enough, today is my 23rd birthday! :) -kimmarcus

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 12:33 PM

Happy birthday. ;]

• Monkeysmell

nikitacreed ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 2:18 PM

27..nothing funny to say. LOL!

dwilmes ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 4:58 PM

Okay, so the average Poser user is 33.6341 years old -- but if you take out the ten oldest and ten youngest, its more like 45! I would have guessed 25. Makes me feel better I'm in equally ancient company. And oh, a correction, I looked it up, I'm 51, not 52. Dan

zicon ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 6:42 PM
  1. On the 29th, at least. After reading this thread I feel much younger, though. 'scuse me, I think I have to get my diapers changed. ;-)

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 7:21 PM

"I looked it up, I'm 51,I'm 51, not 52." Senility setting in a tad early, Dan? HAHAHAHAHA! ;)

dwilmes ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 7:54 AM

Hey, I bet you don't know where YOUR birth certificate is! LOL,Dan

Taura Noxx ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 9:04 AM

I am still trying to get over the fact that I turned 30 this year! I mean when your in your late teens early twenties you can get away with a lot and it looks "cute".... but when you turn 30 its not so cute anymore.

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 12:51 PM

....wait till you're 48....neighbors start calling the police..... Scarab<-(somehow cherry bombs are no longer an appropriate form of expression?)

Petunia ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 3:40 PM

I am convinced that we older folkses know better HOW to play than the younger ones. I will be 45 in July. Happy Birthdays all 'round for the June babies!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.