Sat, Sep 21, 12:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: 2012

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 6:56 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:56 PM

file_413526.jpg

As our solar system approached the galactic center of our own galaxie, The storms became worse, earth quakes and volcanic erruptions began to happen.

The governments of earth for one moment stopped thinking about war and came together in peace to build Guia, an ark  in orbit of the earth to house the last hopes of mankind so when the earth atmostphere clears up in 30 years man can return and reseed the planet.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 7:14 AM · edited Mon, 08 September 2008 at 7:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMvYVIPWGFw

material based on recent theory on super black hole.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 8:12 AM
TheOwl ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 8:26 AM · edited Mon, 08 September 2008 at 8:32 AM

And of course only a "select special few" is given a ticket to board the Guia, namely the rich, the powerful and the influential, not puny poser artists as they rush to the space port, crying, screaming and begging as they witness the Guia lift off to outerspace and disappear in the red sky. A few days later, the world was engulfed by simultaneous terrible cyclones, tsunamis, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Poser artists become desperate for resources and start to fight each other for whatever little was left that escalated to sporadic gunfights. When the bullets ran out, they resorted to swords and clubs. When they too broke, they resulted to their fists. There was so much corpses and too much fighting to bury them all that soon the blithe of infestation and disease killed more than the war.

Like a god, one lone man sees everything through the lenses of a satellite in orbit linked to Guia high above the chaos and stupidity below. When he finished his champagne, he coldly turned to his side reaching and lifting a fiber glass cover that houses a red button and pressed it.

This gave a signal to squadrons of galactic bombers to dive menacingly into the earth, creating tides of sonic booms that blew mountains and flattened entire cities. Using the carefully collected intelligence to locate their targets, they unleashed their cargo of tactical fuel-air bombs and eviscerated the last traces of the remaining "rats" and their "rat holes" which is the code name he gave to them.

"All targets neutralized. Mission Accomplished sir. Omega battle group is on-route back to Guia." crackled on the speakers.

Then all was quiet. The man sat on his chair and poured another glass. A slender figure appeared to the room and sat next to him.

"Finally the posers are weeded out. We can start anew." A sultry looking lady whispered on the man's ear.

"Yep. Let's repopulate this world and make it better."

"Right now?" she asked with a grin on her face, taking the glass from his hand, and took a sip from it and placed it away from a nearby table.

"Do you even have to ask?"

"TheOwl, the way you are is so sexy, who wont have your babies?"

*(if you see read this line, it means you are below 18 and prohibited to read material that involves wild and graphic sex)

The world is mine.

The End

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 8:47 AM

The sol system is 9200 light years from the galactic core and will stay so as it orbits. It will never get closer or farther away as it orbits. unless it get acted upon to change it's orbit. by something like a rogue star or such. As such it all nonsense. LOLOLOL  So many people looking for an ending when it's barely begun. :lol:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 8:55 AM

The problem with pessmists and paranoid theories is that they are never
pessimistic or paranoid enough.

The original post sounds pessimistic and paranoid, but actually it's
wildly hopeful, naive and optimistic.

"The governments of earth for one moment stopped thinking about war."

Reality:

After most of the governments got all dewy-eyed and nicey-nice,
and formed the League of Guia to end all war, the more serious nations
and empires would see this as the perfect time to conquer the nice ones.

Think Pearl Harbor, think Osama bin Laden. 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Greebo ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 9:57 AM

At least we won't have to put up with the olympics :tongue2:

dbowers22 ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 10:53 AM

99% of all species of animals that have ever existed on earth are now extinct.
In fact every other species of humans - the neanderthal, the cro-magnon, homo erectus,
australopithicus - are also extinct. We almost went extinct 70,000 years ago. 
What makes humans so arrogant to think we will last forever.  Going extinct is
just a natural process.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 12:36 PM

Going extinct is just a natural process.

I agree, but please don't tell that to greenpeace or the world wildlife fund, or they start crying...
Sometimes I believe the world is turned upside down, the people who believe in the evolution theorie are having big troubles with extinction, while on the other hand people who believe in Smart creation, don't have problems with shooting moose (meese?) or polarbears.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 1:11 PM

Hmm I knew there was a reason my credit cards and debit cards all expire in late 2011!

That is if they are still in one piece and I have not totally destroyed them in the market place here!

Better yet, might as well destroy spending like a fool them as they won't do me any good if this is true!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 1:19 PM · edited Mon, 08 September 2008 at 1:21 PM

And what does this have to do with Poser, exactly? Not that I have a problem with off-topic threads—when they're marked clearly as being OT :tongue2:

btw, I hate end-times "prophecies", predictions and that other crap; and I really don't like the mental defectives who like to spread them.

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 1:26 PM

Watched a TV program about that recently and boy am I the target of  much ribbing around here! Seems the "end of the world" is gonna happen on Dec. 21st, 2012 -- which just happens to be my birthday. Talk about celebrating it with a bang!

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 1:31 PM

Quote - Seems the "end of the world" is gonna happen on Dec. 21st, 2012 -- which just happens to be my birthday. Talk about celebrating it with a bang!

LOL! Now that's a humorous way of looking at it ;-)

I've heard so many end-times prophecies, theories, scenarios, etc, etc, etc. while growing up that I'm more than tired of hearing it. Not to mention the fifteen-gazillion different dates for the "end." First, it was December 21st, 1999, then it was June 6th, 2006 and now its 2012. Eh, there was even an "end-times" ministry right down the street from me shudders

Eh, I guess people are just crazy at times...must be something in the water :tt2:

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 1:45 PM

Dinosaurs ruled the Earth for 200 million years before going extinct. Why can't we? Maybe our brains are too big to get along? :lol: :laugh: Talk about evolutionary dead-ends! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 3:40 PM

Attached Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_Day

According to the nutters who launched a lawsuit against 20 countries we're all going to die this Wednesday. Thats when the Hadron Collider at CERN is turned on.  

BBC's End Day documentary shows what supposed to happen then.  So if you miss The End of the World you could always rent the DVD :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 6:45 PM

Quote - So if you miss The End of the World you could always rent the DVD :)

After a very rough Monday, you sure know how to make somebody really laugh out loud!

Thanks. You made my day!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 7:13 PM

I'll rent the DVD. :laugh: LOLOLOL

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 7:52 PM

Coming thursday there will be a dressed rehearsal, don't forget to bring some rags and ashes...

The first perfomance was sold out, but there will a second because of the overwhelming interest.. Ticketsales start next saturday.

I wanted to go, but I had another appointment, and besides that I read the book already. It's never fun when you know how it ends.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

TheOwl ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 9:24 PM · edited Mon, 08 September 2008 at 9:25 PM

seems like nobody appreciates my provocative writing efforts  

sobs at the corner

:(

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 10:46 PM · edited Mon, 08 September 2008 at 10:53 PM

OMG, Have you seen the front of the Hadron Collider?
Looks like it walked off the set of Blade Runner, imho.

Hmm....  I saw an interesting documentary on this topic on TLC (or was it Discovery?). The year 2012 in the Aztec calendar marked the end of a cycle, -- not the end of a world. The new cycle will begin 2013. The end of this large cycle on the Aztec calendar was very symbolic to them. Their history usually had big social changes during in this period (Was it a human cycle, or something triggered in nature? I guess we'll find out if they knew what they were talking about in 4 years.) -^

trouz69 ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:48 AM

Quote - Hmm....  I saw an interesting documentary on this topic on TLC (or was it Discovery?)

Had to be Discovery. TLC doesn't show anything that's not about fixing, trading, flipping, moving, or remodeling houses, well that and the occasional "Worlds [Adjective]est Man/Woman" special.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 7:09 AM

First law of Conspiracy - all facts which support your consipiracy are evidence of that consipiracy

Second law of Conspiracy - all facts that contradict your conspiracy prove the operation of the conspiracy...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 1:51 PM · edited Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:00 PM

**ArdathkSheyna,  your a thread troll when you come into a thread with the intentions of crashing a topic with comments like this, I think you need to read the TOS  again before you go and get yourself banned.

**And what does this have to do with Poser, exactly? Not that I have a problem with off-topic threads—when they're marked clearly as being OT

(((((((first off I rendered it in poser and it'sd based on a end times theory)))))

btw, I hate end-times "prophecies", predictions and that other crap; and I really don't like the mental defectives who like to spread them

((((((second of all, if you hate people and want to call them crazy just because they have an interest in material like this, then maybe you need to pack your knives and go, hope they bann you for your behavior from renderosity.))))))

NOT ONE OTHER PERSON HERE CONDUCTED THEM SELVES OUT OF LINE WITH THE TOS BUT YOU, I THINK YOU HAVE A PROBLEM YOU BETTER WORK ON AND CHANGE THAT ADDITTUDE OF YOURS BEFORE YOU MAKE REPLYS TO ANOTHER THREAD.

FURTHERMORE IF YOU HATE THIS TOPIC SO DAMN MUCH WHY DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO POST A REPLY OTHER THEN TO COME INTO THE TOPIC AND POST YOUR DISPLEASURE?

bandolin ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 1:58 PM

Isn't the milky way a spiral galaxy? Aren't we actually getting further away from the core, not closer?

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:06 PM · edited Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:14 PM

Quote - ArdathkSheyna,  your a thread troll when you come into a thread with the intentions of crashing a topic with comments like this, I think you need to read the TOS  again before you go and get yourself banned.

Whoa, whoa...now you're the one who's out of line. I think calling me a thread-troll is pretty harsh and threatening me with banning is way out of line. That is up to the mods.

I stated my opinion. What's wrong with that? Personally, I was done with the thread after my second post because I found other things that needed to be worked on. Now I come back here and you're personally attacking me. Now, I'm sorry if anything I said offended you but you've gotta learn not to take things so seriously.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:17 PM

The sun  makes a cylic orbit above and below the rim of the Milkyway, kinda of like how a dolphin swims, it takes thousands of years to make one orbit from the north side of the gtalaxy to the south side below and above the equator or the spiral rim, which is not at the center.

The Milkyway has a massive black hole at it's center, this is the engine of the galaxy that holds everything together, yes it does suck in stars, gas, dust even light, It act like a giant drain but it's the reason our galaxy spins, and it also reseeds the galaxy by spitting out matter and energy in a super jet emitted from the black holes center that rains down matter and gasses back onto the milkyway that forms into nebulas that form new stars.

It would take hundreds of billions of years before earth got sucked into it, however the gravitational influence of this super massive black hole streaches arcross the whole galaxy from end to end and is something like a flattened disk at the equator of the Milky way.

When the Earth passes through this very strong gravitational field there could be a polar shift.

A polar shift can cause alot of things to happen on earth that would be bad including the slipping of the earths mantle.

Scientist are now seeing the poles slowly shifting, astronauts on the international space station had to go to a safe room recently because ther was a massive flucuation in the earth electromagnetisphere that weakened it, this protects the earth from the full force of the suns radiation.

Keith ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:31 PM

Quote - When the Earth passes through this very strong gravitational field there could be a polar shift.

A polar shift can cause alot of things to happen on earth that would be bad including the slipping of the earths mantle.

Scientist are now seeing the poles slowly shifting, astronauts on the international space station had to go to a safe room recently because ther was a massive flucuation in the earth electromagnetisphere that weakened it, this protects the earth from the full force of the suns radiation. 

Wow, there is just so much wrongness there.

Okay, the rotational poles don't shift, the magnetic poles do.  While this can cause compasses to go wonky as magnetic north becomes magnetic south, and will probably have other EM effects, it's not a huge catastrophe because there's no evidence that magnetic reversals, which have happened thousands of times, are connected to any significant biological or climatological effects, nor is there any evidence that there's one due ANY DAY NOW (tm, patent pending).

"Slipping of the Earth's mantle"?  Yeah, no.  Dreamed up by catastrophist cranks who think continents suddenly go sprinting across the surface of the Earth, probably wrong back in the day given the evidence and even more wrong now as paleogeographic research has pretty much pinned down the movement of the continents, and fragments thereof, for at least the last billion years and, depending on the current state of the art, up to 2 billion years.  No sudden slip-sliding away (note that the time frame includes several galactic orbits).

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:33 PM

NASA Details Earthquake Effects on the Earth
January 10, 2005

NASA scientists using data from the Indonesian earthquake calculated it affected Earth's rotation, decreased the length of day, slightly changed the planet's shape, and shifted the North Pole by centimeters. The earthquake that created the huge tsunami also changed the Earth's rotation.

Dr. Richard Gross of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., and Dr. Benjamin Fong Chao, of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md., said all earthquakes have some affect on Earth's rotation. It's just they are usually barely noticeable.

"Any worldly event that involves the movement of mass affects the Earth's rotation, from seasonal weather down to driving a car," Chao said.

Gross and Chao have been routinely calculating earthquakes' effects in changing the Earth's rotation in both length-of- day as well as changes in Earth's gravitational field. They also study changes in polar motion that is shifting the North Pole. The "mean North pole" was shifted by about 2.5 centimeters (1 inch) in the direction of 145 degrees East Longitude. This shift east is continuing a long-term seismic trend identified in previous studies.

They also found the earthquake decreased the length of day by 2.68 microseconds. Physically this is like a spinning skater drawing arms closer to the body resulting in a faster spin. The quake also affected the Earth's shape. They found Earth's oblateness (flattening on the top and bulging at the equator) decreased by a small amount. It decreased about one part in 10 billion, continuing the trend of earthquakes making Earth less oblate.

To make a comparison about the mass that was shifted as a result of the earthquake, and how it affected the Earth, Chao compares it to the great Three-Gorge reservoir of China. If filled, the gorge would hold 40 cubic kilometers (10 trillion gallons) of water. That shift of mass would increase the length of day by only 0.06 microseconds and make the Earth only very slightly more round in the middle and flat on the top. It would shift the pole position by about two centimeters (0.8 inch).

The researchers concluded the Sumatra earthquake caused a length of day change too small to detect, but it can be calculated. It also caused an oblateness change barely detectable, and a pole shift large enough to be possibly identified. They hope to detect the length of day signal and pole shift when Earth rotation data from ground based and space-borne position sensors are reviewed.

The researchers used data from the Harvard University Centroid Moment Tensor database that catalogs large earthquakes. The data is calculated in a set of formulas, and the results are reported and updated on a NASA Web site.

The massive earthquake off the west coast of Indonesia on December 26, 2004, registered a magnitude of nine on the new "moment" scale (modified Richter scale) that indicates the size of earthquakes. It was the fourth largest earthquake in one hundred years and largest since the 1964 Prince William Sound, Alaska earthquake.

The devastating mega thrust earthquake occurred as a result of the India and Burma plates coming together. It was caused by the release of stresses that developed as the India plate slid beneath the overriding Burma plate. The fault dislocation, or earthquake, consisted of a downward sliding of one plate relative to the overlying plate. The net effect was a slightly more compact Earth. The India plate began its descent into the mantle at the Sunda trench that lies west of the earthquake's epicenter. For information and images on the Web, visit:

The Sun Does a Flip
NASA scientists who monitor the Sun say that our star's awesome magnetic field is flipping -- a sure sign that solar maximum is here.

Listen to this story (requires RealPlayer)

February 15, 2001 -- You can't tell by looking, but scientists say the Sun has just undergone an important change. Our star's magnetic field has flipped.

The Sun's magnetic north pole, which was in the northern hemisphere just a few months ago, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one.

"This always happens around the time of solar maximum," says David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "The magnetic poles exchange places at the peak of the sunspot cycle. In fact, it's a good indication that Solar Max is really here."

Above: Sunspot counts, plotted here against an x-ray image of the Sun, are nearing their maximum for the current solar cycle. [more information]

The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

Earth’s magnetic field also flips, but with less regularity. Consecutive reversals are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart. The last reversal happened 740,000 years ago. Some researchers think our planet is overdue for another one, but nobody knows exactly when the next reversal might occur.

Although solar and terrestrial magnetic fields behave differently, they do have something in common: their shape. During solar minimum the Sun's field, like Earth's, resembles that of an iron bar magnet, with great closed loops near the equator and open field lines near the poles. Scientists call such a field a "dipole." The Sun's dipolar field is about as strong as a refrigerator magnet, or 50 gauss (a unit of magnetic intensity). Earth's magnetic field is 100 times weaker.

Below: The Sun's basic magnetic field, like Earth's, resembles that of a bar magnet.

When solar maximum arrives and sunspots pepper the face of the Sun, our star's magnetic field begins to change. Sunspots are places where intense magnetic loops -- hundreds of times stronger than the ambient dipole field -- poke through the photosphere.

"Meridional flows on the Sun's surface carry magnetic fields from mid-latitude sunspots to the Sun's poles," explains Hathaway. "The poles end up flipping because these flows transport south-pointing magnetic flux to the north magnetic pole, and north-pointing flux to the south magnetic pole." The dipole field steadily weakens as oppositely-directed flux accumulates at the Sun's poles until, at the height of solar maximum, the magnetic poles change polarity and begin to grow in a new direction.

Hathaway noticed the latest polar reversal in a "magnetic butterfly diagram." Using data collected by astronomers at the U.S. National Solar Observatory on Kitt Peak, he plotted the Sun's average magnetic field, day by day, as a function of solar latitude and time from 1975 through the present. The result is a sort of strip chart recording that reveals evolving magnetic patterns on the Sun's surface. "We call it a butterfly diagram," he says, "because sunspots make a pattern in this plot that looks like the wings of a butterfly."

In the butterfly diagram, pictured below, the Sun's polar fields appear as strips of uniform color near 90 degrees latitude. When the colors change (in this case from blue to yellow or vice versa) it means the polar fields have switched signs.

Above: In this "magnetic butterfly diagram," yellow regions are occupied by south-pointing magnetic fields; blue denotes north. At mid-latitudes the diagram is dominated by intense magnetic fields above sunspots. During the sunspot cycle, sunspots drift, on average, toward the equator -- hence the butterfly wings. The uniform blue and yellow regions near the poles reveal the orientation of the Sun's underlying dipole magnetic field. [more information]

The ongoing changes are not confined to the space immediately around our star, Hathaway added. The Sun's magnetic field envelops the entire solar system in a bubble that scientists call the "heliosphere." The heliosphere extends 50 to 100 astronomical units (AU) beyond the orbit of Pluto. Inside it is the solar system -- outside is interstellar space.

"Changes in the Sun's magnetic field are carried outward through the heliosphere by the solar wind," explains Steve Suess, another solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "It takes about a year for disturbances to propagate all the way from the Sun to the outer bounds of the heliosphere."

Because the Sun rotates (once every 27 days) solar magnetic fields corkscrew outwards in the shape of an Archimedian spiral. Far above the poles the magnetic fields twist around like a child's Slinky toy.

Left: Steve Suess (NASA/MSFC) prepared this figure, which shows the Sun's spiraling magnetic fields from a vantage point ~100 AU from the Sun.

Because of all the twists and turns, "the impact of the field reversal on the heliosphere is complicated," says Hathaway. Sunspots are sources of intense magnetic knots that spiral outwards even as the dipole field vanishes. The heliosphere doesn't simply wink out of existence when the poles flip -- there are plenty of complex magnetic structures to fill the void.

Or so the theory goes.... Researchers have never seen the magnetic flip happen from the best possible point of view -- that is, from the top down.

But now, the unique Ulysses spacecraft may give scientists a reality check. Ulysses, an international joint venture of the European Space Agency and NASA, was launched in 1990 to observe the solar system from very high solar latitudes. Every six years the spacecraft flies 2.2 AU over the Sun's poles. No other probe travels so far above the orbital plane of the planets.

"Ulysses just passed under the Sun's south pole," says Suess, a mission co-Investigator. "Now it will loop back and fly over the north pole in the fall."

Right: Following an encounter with Jupiter in 1992, the Ulysses spacecraft went into a high polar orbit. It's maximum solar latitude is 80.2 degrees south. [more]

"This is the most important part of our mission," he says. Ulysses last flew over the Sun's poles in 1994 and 1996, during solar minimum, and the craft made several important discoveries about cosmic rays, the solar wind, and more. "Now we get to see the Sun's poles during the other extreme: Solar Max. Our data will cover a complete solar cycle."

To learn more about the Sun's changing magnetic field and how it is generated, please visit "The Solar Dynamo," a web page prepared by the NASA/Marshall solar research group. Updates from the Ulysses spacecraft may be found on the Internet from JPL at http://ulysses.jpl.nasa.gov.

Magnetic Pole Shift & Climate Change
In the past, there has been a lot of hype about the earth’s pole shift, but recently discussions on this topic have quieted.  It’s a topic that has more relevance today than ever before.  Accelerating movement in earth’s magnetic pole may be contributing to climate change here on earth.  Other bodies in our solar system may be experiencing this as well.

NASA illustration of earth’s magnetic field.

The last pole shift on earth is believed to have occurred 780,000 year ago.  The estimates are based on the alignment of magnetic particles within sedimentary layers and in earth’s ancient lava flows.  The effects of previous shifts on the creatures of the planet are lost to the ages.   It does appear that magnetic reversals may have been associated with major extinction events of the past.

There are several current NASA missions exploring the impact of the sun on our planet.  One interesting mission is called AIM.  It’s investigating, among other things, the cause of the changes to noctilucent clouds, the highest in our atmosphere, at our poles.  One possible cause could be our changing magnetic field.  Another mission is called, perhaps fittingly, CLUSTER, it is a joint mission with ESA aimed at better mapping our rapidly changing magnetosphere.  There are many other missions focusing on this topic of great concern.

There is evidence that poles are shifting on other bodies within our solar system which may indicate that pole shifts are a concerted event.  No one knows for sure, but it may even be a galaxy wide event caused by a change at the core of our galaxy.  Our suns poles reverse every solar cycle, the next is due, coincidentally in 2012.

Europa - Cassini

The effects of this shift in our magnetic field may also account for the recent changes observed in insect and bird populations.  Whether or not these animals use the magnetic field for navigation is still a hotly debated topic.  These animals do have the ability to sense and possibly even see our magnetic field and would most likely be affected to some degree by changes.

Our magnetic field protects us from the full onslaught of solar radiation.  When the magnetic field is in its normal orientation, the poles are the least protected areas.  Since the poles do not point at the sun, we remain safe.  As the poles shift, the exposed areas of the magnetic field moves closer to range of more direct solar radiation.  This has the effect of increasing the amount of solar radiation that reaches the surface.  Some have even suggested that the sun’s rays will roast us as the poles flip.

Solar Flare - NASA - TRACE

As the normally protected areas become exposed to solar radiation, it has the effect of heating different areas of the planet and altering our normal weather patterns.  We are seeing the effects of this now, some areas of the planet are warming and some are cooling.  Record highs and lows are being broken across the surface of the earth.

Government or governments aware of this cause and effect could use this information to their advantage.  Recently it was learned that our government is contemplating the creation of yet another agency, a climate change agency.  Our government is currently assigning the cause of climate change to us and our cars.  As time goes by, the effects of increasing solar radiation through our weakened magnetic field will cause more climate change.  This will reinforce the position held by the government that our climate will worsen and that we are the cause.

NOAA - Storm

It will get worse and there is no way to stop it.  As the poles shift not only does is expose areas of the earth that are normally protected, it also weakens the entire magnetic field exposing more of the planet to sun’s wrath.  Of course this will have a dramatic effect on our weather and the impact on us is going to get worse, much worse.  You can park your car and ride the bus and it will have very little effect.

The sad ending to it all is the fact that there really is nothing we can do about it.  We can only brace for what may indeed be a wild ride.  We can hope that the effects are manageable, allowing us to survive the shift.  Perhaps we can take steps to prepare for the worst by having a plan to escape from the effects.  There is no amount of new government, laws or taxes that can stop our magnetic poles from shifting.  In the end we are at the mercy of our planet and our sun.

Something beneath the surface is changing Earth's protective magnetic field, which may leave satellites and other space assets vulnerable to high-energy radiation.

The gradual weakening of the overall magnetic field can take hundreds and even thousands of years. But smaller, more rapid fluctuations within months may leave satellites unprotected and catch scientists off guard, new research finds.

A new model uses satellite data from the past nine years to show how sudden fluid motions within the Earth's core can alter the magnetic envelope around our planet. This represents the first time that researchers have been able to detect such rapid magnetic field changes taking place over just a few months.

"There are these changes in the South Atlantic, an area where the magnetic field has the smallest envelope at one third [of what is] normal," said Mioara Mandea, a geophysicist at the GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences in Potsdam, Germany.

Even before the newly detected changes, the South Atlantic Anomaly represented a weak spot in the magnetic field — a dent in Earth's protective bubble.

Bubble bobble

The Earth's magnetic field extends about 36,000 miles (58,000 km) into space, generated from the spinning effect of the electrically-conductive core that acts something like a giant electromagnet. The field creates a tear-drop shaped bubble that has constantly shielded life on Earth against much of the high-energy radiation flowing from the sun.

The last major change in the field took place some 780,000 years ago during a magnetic reversal, although such reversals seem to occur more often on average. A flip in the north and south poles typically involves a weakening in the magnetic field, followed by a period of rapid recovery and reorganization of opposite polarity.

Some studies in recent years have suggested the next reversal might be imminent, but the jury is out on that question.

Measuring interactions between the magnetic field and the molten iron core 1,864 miles (3,000 km) down has proven difficult in the past, but the constant observations of satellites such as CHAMP and Orsted have begun to bring the picture into focus.

Electric storm

Mandea worked with Nils Olsen, a geophysicist at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark, to create a model of the fluid core that fits with the magnetic field changes detected by the satellites.

However, the rapid weakening of the magnetic field in the South Atlantic Anomaly region could signal future troubles for such satellites. Radiation storms from the sun could fry electronic equipment on satellites that suddenly lacked the protective cover of a rapidly changing magnetic field.

"For satellites, this could be a problem," Mandea told SPACE.com. "If there are magnetic storms and high-energy particles coming from the sun, the satellites could be affected and their connections could be lost."

The constant radiation bombardment from the sun blows with the solar wind to Earth, where it flows against and around the magnetic field. The effect creates the tear-drop shaped magnetosphere bubble, but even the powerful field cannot keep out all the high-energy particles.

Topsy-turvy history

A large sunspot set off a major radiation storm in 2006 that temporarily blinded some sun-watching satellites. Astronauts on the International Space Station retreated to a protected area as a precaution to avoid unnecessary radiation exposure.

The Earth's overall magnetic field has weakened at least 10 percent over the past 150 years, which could also point to an upcoming field reversal.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:39 PM

the Mayan Calendar. There is a common belief that the calendar holds a prophecy that the world will end in 2012. I knew very little about the whole topic when I began doing the research. I like to think I had an open mind. My investigation began with mainstream archaeology and expert interpretations of the calendar. But it soon took a turn that made my hair literally stand on end. I am now convinced that these prophecies are true.

To understand what is likely to happen to Earth and its people, you will need to remain calm and try to follow the facts. It's not as simple as some people describe. It requires an understanding of some fairly complicated science, but I think I can explain this in a way that you will easily understand.

The Calendar -- A Descrption

First, the Mayan calendar is also sometimes called the Aztec Calendar. This calendar is recorded as a carving on the Aztec "sun stone," currently on exhibit in the National Museum of Anthropology and History located within Chapultepec Park, Mexico City. There's a lot we could say about this carved stone but most of those details are irrelevant to the "end times."

Our modern calendar, called the Gregorian Calendar, has days, weeks, months and years. In the Mayan Calendar it's more complex. In fact, it's really three calendars at the same time.

First there's a religious calendar that takes 260 days to complete a full religious cycle. There are 20 "weeks" made up of 13 days. Each week has a special name, a graphic logo and unique meaning associated with it. This reminds me of the Chinese years which cycle through "the year of the rat" and "the year of the monkey," etc., each with it's special image and meaning.

Graphic logos for each of the 20 religious weeks.

Next there is the solar calendar. This has 365 days, like our modern calendar. It's divided in 18 months of 20 days each. At the end of the cycle there's five special days considered to be unlucky because they don't belong to any month. Each of the months has a special name, graphic logo and some special significance, similar to the icons for the weeks in the religious calendar.

So it is possible, for any specific date, the calculate the religious week and the solar month and to predict the influences that might be guiding fate. But that's not really what's involved with the prophecy of 2012. To understand that we must look at the third calendar, called the long count.

While the first two cycles could be thought of as cogs or gears (see below) revolving through time, the long count is a linear number of days, starting from the first day, "1," and counting through each day to the present. Any day in history can be recorded using the long count and, with some simple mathematics, the corresponding religious week and solar month can also be found.

In writing this article, I thought about creating a javascript program that would do this calculation. My friend, Gene Matlock, then told me that when he was in Mexico, he found a place that sold wooden, mechanical calculators with gears that did just that. He said that Mexicans sometimes used these mechanical calendars to foretell the future or to find auspicious times for special events like marriage or births. Anyway, although it might be nice to know the religious and solar significance, it's the long count that foretells Doomsday.

Cog or "gears" can be used to compute the religious and solar cycles for any date.

The days of the long count are numbered with an unusual system. Instead of writing numbers as we do, from right to left with each place being a multiple of 10 (i.e. 10000, 1000, 100, 10, 1), the Mayans had only 5 places.

The first place recorded a number from 0 to 20. To the left, the second place could have a range from 0 to 17; the third from 0 to 19; the fourth from 0 to 19 and the last from 0 to 12. The numbers were written from right to left, like our system, separated by a dot. Instead of multiples of 10, the first place had a multiple of 1 (like our system); the second place a multiple of 20; the third a multiple of 360; the fourth a multiple of 7200 and the fifth a multiple of 144000.

So a long count number, for example, could be written as 4.12.5.9.0 and would be calculated as follows:

(4 x 144000) + (12 x 7200) + (5 x 360) + (9 x 20) + (0 x 1) or a long count of 145980.

It's not too difficult to realize that the maximum number which can be recorded this way would be 12.19.19.17.20, although some researchers like to write it as 13.0.0.0.0. This amounts to a long count number of 1,872,000 days or 5125.36 years of our modern calculations. Obviously, the calendar is very old!

Over the years, archaeologists have found carved monuments that recorded the long count for known dates in Mayan history. Once a date was fixed in time, it was easy to determine "day 1" as August 11th, 3114 BC. And it was also easy to calculate the date at which the calendar would end -- December 21st, 2012.

Trust me, just because the calendar ends doesn't prove that time, or the world, or life will end. We need to look carefully at December 21, 2012 and try to understand why the Mayans never calculated a date beyond this point in time. To do this we must move from Archaeology to the science of Astronomy and Astrophysics.

It's all about the Sun

It's ironic (or maybe not) that the Mayan Calendar is often called the "sun stone." While the calendar does have "solar" days, acknowledging the 365 days it takes for Earth to rotate around the Sun, it is also true that the Sun plays a key role in the final day of the "long count." To understand what will happen to the Sun on December 21, 2012, we need to review some scientific terms like "ecliptic," "barycenter," and "sunspots." These are important in the discussion that follows. We'll start with the most difficult one first.

**Terms we will encounter...**What is the Barycenter?

You've no doubt heard that Earth revolves around the sun. Well, actually, that's not quite true!

Have you heard the term "center of gravity"? It's a technical-sounding term for something pretty simple. It's the exact center of all the material (that is, mass) that makes up the object. For example, if you have a straight stick, like a ruler or yardstick, there's a place at the middle where you can balance it on your finger. That's its center of gravity.

**Ruler's center of gravity**But the center of gravity may or may not be the point that is exactly in the middle, distance-wise, of the object. Some parts of the object may be heavier (denser) than others. If you have something like a sledge hammer that is heavier on one end than the other, the center of gravity will be much closer to the heavy end than the lighter end.

**Hammer's center of gravity**To get an idea of where the center of gravity is, rest the ends of any object like the ruler or a pencil on one finger from each hand. Slowly move your fingers together without dropping the object. Your fingers will meet underneath the object's center of gravity. You can balance the object on one finger at that special place.

The actual center of gravity could be close to the surface or deep inside, depending on whether the object is flat like a ruler or a dinner plate, or "three-dimensional," like a box or a ball. And if you let the object spin (like when you throw it), it will try to spin about that point.

In the case of the Earth and the sun, both bodies actually revolve, or spin, around the very center of the mass (similar to center of gravity) between them. This point is called the "barycenter." Earth and the sun are "connected" by the gravity pulling them together. It's just like the light end and heavy end of the sledge hammer. Compared to the size of the sun, Earth is about like a flea on a cat! So the center of mass between the Earth and the sun is almost--but not quite--the very center of the sun.

In the case of a planet the size of Jupiter, which is 318 times as massive as Earth, the barycenter of Jupiter and the sun is a bit further from the sun's center. So, as Jupiter revolves around the sun, the sun itself is actually revolving around this slightly off-center point, located just outside its center. Thus, a planet the size of Jupiter will make the sun (or any star) appear to wobble a tiny bit. This picture shows you that the center of mass and barycenter can be slightly different points. It isn't meant to be very accurate!

Barycenter of Jupiter and Sun

We can take advantage of this bit of knowledge and look for large planets in other solar systems by learning to detect this type of tiny wobble in the star's position.

For now, let's forget all the small planets and focus on Jupiter. It makes one complete trip around the Sun every 11.861773 years. There's a new theory put forth by Dr. Rollin Gillespie which shows that Jupiter, and to a smaller degree the other less massive planets, may trigger the 11 year cycle of sunspots and solar flares.

Here's how it works.

The barycenter is not a single point in the Sun. Because the Sun is a rotating gaseous sphere, the barycenter forms a vertical, cylindrical "sleeve" that is partially inside and outside the main solar body. All of the planets have such a "sleeve," one inside the other, depending on their relative mass and the location of their barycenters. The particular sleeve representing the mass of Jupiter intersects the solar surface at 35.9 degrees North and South. This is precisely where sunspot and flare activity begin and end during each 11 year cycle.

The new cycle has already begun with the recent observation of a solar spot with reverse polarity. But some surprising activity on March 27, 2008, shows some huge eruptions with M-class radiation at about the equatorial region of the Sun. [ See Solar Map]. These surprising eruptions suggests a barycenter of disturbance from an object even more massive than Jupiter, placing the "sleeve" outside the Sun. Could this be the beginning of the Galaxy's effects (keep reading to learn more about this) on our Sun?

Scientists have noted that when Jupiter and Saturn are aligned on the same side of the Sun, the solar activity is at its minimum; when they are on opposite sides of the Sun the solar activity is at its maximum. The positions on December 21, 2012 are ideal for extreme solar activity.

Above: Position of Jupiter and Saturn on 12/21/2012.

These cylinders are usually quite orderly because the planets adhere to a narrow plane, called the ecliptic which resembles a thin plate extending from the equator of the Sun. The planets hang out here because (in simple terms) this is the zone where the gravitation of the system is the strongest. (see below)

The planets orbit the Sun in a narrow plane called the ecliptic.

But nature is never perfect. The Sun rotates at a slight angle (7.25 degrees), much as our Earth does. As it wobbles, it tilts the sleeves, causing them to clash with eachother and eventually disrupt the surface. Havine the barycenters of the to most massive planets, Jupiter and Saturn, in maximum misalignment is especially disruptive. This disturbance, to put it simply, works its way to the surface and erupts in sun spots and solar flares or CME's (Coronal Mass Ejections). The last solar cycle was at its maximum in 2001. Each active solar cycle has a period when the flares are strongest, usually happening near the solar equator, called the "solar maximum." This is significant because the next "solar maximum" event will coincide with December 21, 2012. But wait -- there's much more!

Solar flares are pieces of the sun which leap into space, discharging radiation and strong electrical currents that travel outward into space. They often fall back to the surface of the Sun. Sometimes, a very strong flare, called a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME), actually leaves the Sun and this deadly mass shoots out from the Sun towards the planets like a bullet. Usually these CME's don't hit anything but occasionally they hit a planet like Earth. Some believe a powerful CME once hit Mars.

Most solar flares are small. But even a small flare can be dangerous. In 1989 a flare hit the North American continent and fried electric lines, zapped power grids in the US and Canada, and created large power backouts. Flares can also effect our moods and physical health. In theory, a large flare impacting the Earth could zap the ionosphere (there goes all the satellites, cellphones, GPS...) and irradiate the surface, killing every living organism that it touched.

Solar flares and sun spots have an average cycle of 11.120412 years (estimated from one "solar maximum" to the next). Right now, 2007, we are in a relatively quiet part of the cycle. The small discrepancy between this figure and the 11.861773 year period of Jupiter is close enough to be significant but suggests that something else is also influencing solar disturbances. Sure, it could be attributed to the various positions of the other less massive planets, but it could also be something even more significant -- the Milky Way.

The Galactic Alignment of December 21, 2012

The Perfect Storm

Our solar system is part of a huge disc shaped collection of stars and planets called the Milky Way. We're located somewhere on the edge of the disc, slightly on top of the narrow disc. But very soon we'll be moving to the bottom of the disc. This change, from top to bottom, begins on December 21, 2012.

Yes, that's right. On the same day when our Sun is at it's solar maximum, something will happen that's never happened before -- the ecliptic of our solar system will intersect with the Galactic plane, called the "Galactic Equator" of the Milky Way! [see star chart].

If you imagine our solar system as a bunch of peas on a plate, with a huge meatball in the center, imagine the Milky Way as a city-size pizza with the "Guiness World Book Record Meatball" in its center!

Prior to December 2012 we have been drifting on the top of the pizza, never really able to see the bottom. The plate and pizza are not parallel. They are moving at different angles. We've been drifting down, down, down... and on December 21st, 2012, we will be exactly level with the crust -- forming an "x" at the Galactic Equator where galactic gravity is the strongest. After 2012, if we are still here, we will be passing through the bottom zone, viewing the Milky Way pizza from the South.

Yes, there's even more!

By some amazing coincidence, not only will we be intersecting with the Galactic Equator, but we will be doing this precisely aligned with the center of the Galaxy where there is maximum mass! More mass means more gravity. More gravity means more influence from those barycenters in our Sun. That means exponential increases in solar disruptions -- all coinciding on the same day! Whew!

[Above: The Hercules Cluster of galaxies. This group of galaxies is held together by the gravitational attraction or "pull" of each individual galaxy on the others in the group. This demonstrates the enormous gravity contained in a galaxy, such as our own Milky Way.]

An apology and acknowledgement

OK. This has been a "light weight" description of what's going to happen. It has been simplified to the point where some scholars and scientists could argue about my presentation. But the main facts are true. The date, December 21, 2012, is a special day. It represents the maximum possible influences for solar flares that the universe can provide. Undoubtedly the Mayans, or the civilization that influenced them, somehow knew about these things.

Over the last decade, I have written a variety of stories about such things as underground cities and government actions that could only make sense if there were no future. I cannot help but think that maybe they, like the Mayans, know about these things. I'd specifically like to suggest that readers take another look at the underground complex at Yamantau that the Russians are building. Could this be a haven for surviving a solar blast? And the "doomsday seed bank" that's being filled deep inside an Arctic island. And what about past events? Did the Hopi go underground to survive a similar event thousands of years earlier? Should we be going underground also?

It's also important to stress that December 21, 2012 is only the "solar maximum" but that the gravitational effects of the Galaxy have already started to assert their influence on the Sun. The drift towards alignment with the galactic equator is relatively slow and, in truth, has already started. But the precise culmination of this, plus the alignment of Jupiter and Saturn all make 12/21/12 an onimous date.

I especially want to thank Dr. Rollin Gillespie, a man with whom I corresponded for ten years and who first developed the idea that planetary multi-body systems could be at play in the causation of solar flares. More of his work can be read on a special page on Viewzone.

Please let's have your input on this important issue. It's only six years away. Who knows, perhaps the influences of these disruptions will begin well before the solar and Galactic maximum is reached. We may not have that much time left. Here are some additional links to stories that may help understand the possibilities facing our planet and us.

Part 2 - The Previous Doomsday of 12,950 BC: what was it like?Here are some other articles on this subject that you will find very interesting:

We're Not From Milky Way Galaxy - evidence our system is part of a dwarf galaxy that is being "eaten" by the Milky Way.

Will the Mayan Prophecy Really Happen? - an interesting view from Gene Matlock.

Sidereal Time and ESP -- exploring the psychic connection of our Galaxy's center.

Back to ViewZone || Submit Comments | Read CommentsComments:

Physicists Find Evidence For Highest Energy Photons Ever Detected From Milky Way's Equator

(ScienceDaily) - Physicists at nearly a dozen research institutions, including New York University, have discovered evidence for very high energy gamma rays emitting from the Milky Way, marking the highest energies ever detected from the galactic equator. Their findings, published in the Dec. 16 issue of the Physical Review of Letters, were obtained using the Milagro Gamma Ray Observatory, a new detector located near Los Alamos, N.M., that allows monitoring of the northern sky on a 24-hour, 7-day-per-week basis.

Gamma rays are considered by scientists to be the best probe of cosmic rays outside the solar neighborhood.

The research team, which includes nearly 40 physicists, reported that Milagro, positioned at an altitude of 8600 feet in the Jemez Mountains, detected a signal along the galactic equator region and interpreted it as arising from gamma rays with a median energy of 3.5 trillion electron-volts, or 3500 times the mass-energy of a proton. Previous satellite experiments have seen gamma-ray emissions along the galactic equator reaching up to energies of only 30 billion electron-volts.

These emissions are understood to be produced by interactions of cosmic-ray particles with the abundant interstellar medium near the galactic equator. Previously, some researchers had speculated that additional mechanisms were needed to explain the large number of particles observed at high energies. However, the measurements by Milagro can be understood by assuming a cosmic ray energy spectrum near the galactic center similar to that in the solar system and the standard properties of particle interactions.

The results presented in the Physical Review of Letters paper were gathered over a three-year period, beginning in July 2000. --end

Comments

What makes 2012 significant is that it coincides with the alignment of the center of the Milky Way galaxy, our sun, earth, and the large planets. If it was not for this fact I would say that 2012 was just another Y2K hoax. But the astronomy makes it believeable.

It looks like this gravitational cosmic tsunami could cause the sun to scorch the earth. That means that the only immediate survivors would be people in the underground cities, caves, and submarines. However, even these people may not survive too long because such an event ( gravitational surges ) might bring on earth quakes and volcanic activity, flooding, and the such. These events might collapse underground cities and caves. Huge tidal floods might flood subways on the eastern seaboard.

However, if just a few did manage to survive. They would not be able to come out of their underground dwellings for some time, because the earth's protective magnetic shield may be gone.

If the upper atmosphere and the earth's atmosphere was able to repair itself say in even a short period of time of one year, the survivors would face a barren world. All surface vegetation and animal life will have been destroyed. The surface of earth might perhaps look like a barren planet. The only possible source of food for those few survivors might be the ocean. Plant life and sea life might survive this event to some small degree. However, there is one problem...more than likely all the plankton will die. They live at the surface of the water and will be destroyed by the radiation.

Plankton is the basic building block of life for many living organisms in the ocean. Plankton is the biggest generator of oxygen on the planet. With plankton gone and the forest gone, what is going to provide and create oxygen for the planet?

It doesn't look good for the few that survive 2012. It may very well be the end of the world. Unless, a greater power comes to rescue us. But are we worth it? Man is a miserable creature that kills and destroys himself and other living things.

Johann

For more reader's comments go here. 

Magnetic Somersaults - Other possibilities on December 21, 2012:

In the first quarter of 2001, the Sun switched magnetic poles. This occurs every eleven years. Prior to this the Sun's north magnetic pole was at the north rotational pole. Now the Sun's north magnetic pole is at its south pole. Since opposite poles attract, the magnetic poles of the Earth and Sun are now at their most stable.

Just about the time of 2012 Winter Solstice, the Sun's poles will switch back. During this switch there will be a tendency for the Sun's magnetic field to pull the Earth's field with it.

If the Earth's magnetic poles switch, this would put stress on the planet aggravating earthquakes and volcanos, not to mention destruction of the electrical power distribution grid. And, if the switch happens fast enough don't ever expect your computer to work again. But if you have old tube type equipment, keep it. It should survive just fine. It will work if you can find electricity.

bandolin ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:50 PM

Unsubscribe, unsubscribe....

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:59 PM · edited Tue, 09 September 2008 at 3:11 PM

Quote - Unsubscribe, unsubscribe....

That's a good idea ;-) I think I'll do the same.

pitklad ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 3:04 PM

Quote - Watched a TV program about that recently and boy am I the target of  much ribbing around here! Seems the "end of the world" is gonna happen on Dec. 21st, 2012 -- which just happens to be my birthday. Talk about celebrating it with a bang!

Dec. 21 is my birthday too!
I've never met someone with the same birthday! (except Jane Fonta)
Maybee we 3 could plan something for that night (if world still exists...)

My FreeStuff

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 3:14 PM · edited Tue, 09 September 2008 at 3:24 PM

The point here is there are scientists and astronomers who are experts in this field who back it up with science and agree that this indeed could pose a serious problem to the earth, are sun and other planets, However they are not ready to say yet that 2012 could be the end of the earth, or that passing through the galactic equator will cause extreme damage to the planet and it's atmostphere, But the normal protocall is to not inform the public of such things when it is something they can not do anything about, If they came out and announced the earth could end on 2012 people would not pay thier bills, some people might commit sueicide, there would be mass panic and chaos.
Scientist can not say it's not possible because the science is based on what they arlready know.

My reason for posting this is, I am writing a science fiction story based on this useing poser to render the scenes in graphic format.

if it turns out to be another normal day and we don't get fried by the sun or gamma rays, or have the moon pulled out of orbit, get hit by an asteroid, lose our atmostphere , or lose the rotation of the earths magma core, or simply see our sun blow up, I will be very happy if everyone on earth survives and that it's just another end of days theory that thankfully bombed.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 3:31 PM · edited Tue, 09 September 2008 at 3:44 PM

Kieth I agree the mantle probably wont slip like you say but alot of other things could go wrong, check out the gamma emissionsthey detected at the rim of the milkyway and the weakening of the electromagnetisphere already happening, which could account for the catagory 5 hurricanes earth has been having in recent years not to mention the indonesia quake that slowed the earths rotation and knocked the north pole for a loop, and the earth quake in china recently.

Also I read up on CERN'S Hadron super collider on the borders of france and swiss boarders, I think it is doubful anything will happen when they fire it up, even though peeking in Gods little black book of secrets is a not the best idea, and performing a science test based soley on theory risking that something could happen is even a worse idea, I guess they must know what they are doing if it were a real threat I am sure our goverment and others around the world would put a stop to it.

here are some comments based on that news for this wedsdays te4st of the cern super collider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2B0Q1jYngQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVjTwiEp5Ek&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-04mQQd96k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTO9n-F_ig&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0lHJOEtrko&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFMCTF4R4Jc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRl9gthR1sk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Sjya1fh0w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsNHG3undqI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWAtH5erfG4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7yZ5LEL5es&feature=related

here is some information about the cern hadron collider and it's potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrT6kUHVPjw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDoIzvKumGI&feature=user

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71G-tTa0CMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL2ghqv5mCg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTTbVmxbqZM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZAQn-KxW_k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJQO-bkqBHw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMyEJFQL_ns&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AW48qqUT5c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6DGruD-HO8&feature=related

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 4:57 PM

complete radio interview with scientist on talk show[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL2ghqv5mCg&feature=related](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL2ghqv5mCg&feature=related)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTTbVmxbqZM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oabjc8hr6n0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJQO-bkqBHw&feature=related

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.