Sun, Sep 15, 11:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: VM Selection Tools Problem.

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 2:05 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:56 PM

file_413241.jpg

The tools have disapeared/won't work? I have done a complete unistall/reinstall without effect. Carrara6.2.1Pro.

Any help appreciated.(I have advised DAZ)

Brian

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 2:12 AM

file_413242.jpg

And, yes, they are switched on! Brian

bwtr

faba ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 3:51 AM

Hi Brian,

I am sure you already tried the usual things like

• reset your preferences
  • checked if you have undocked your tool bars and arranged them somewhere else
  • turned the tool bars off and back on

What happens when you change Carrara to Window Mode and then change the size of it's window to very small, so the tool bars are forced to be rearranged?

I guess the black line is the handle of the VM selection tool bar.
What happens when you drag it somewhere else?

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 7:54 PM

Thanks Faba

Yes, I had tried all those things.
That "remains" of thw VM selection tools won't accempt clicking on or moving.

Brian

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 9:06 PM

faba

All fixed
Thanks for the help.

I had not tried the reset preferences in the the reload.
It worked!
No idea why it should not have worked originally?

Brian

bwtr

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:14 AM · edited Tue, 09 September 2008 at 2:29 AM

Hi bwtr,...Im guessing the "Motion Path" function icons are conflicting with the Modeling Room VM selection modes icons.

When shutting Carrara down after using a Motion Path object, then running Carrara again, the VM selection modes icons display wrong or go partially missing. The VM selection modes icons and Motion Path icons, seem to be the same movable area.

The only way I can get them back is to Reset Preferences,...or as a workaround, move(or undock) the icons prior to the issue, then shutdown Carrara(but have the preferences written down somewhere just in case). Im guessing this is a bug with the icons preferences maybe? Anyone else?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.