Fri, Sep 20, 4:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Does Vue auto dectect processors?

MuonQuark ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 7:54 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:59 AM

I just purchased Vue 6 Pro but I'm not seeing the processors detected at the bottom of the screen.  Is there someone I need to do first?  I have looked thru the options but cannot find anything.
Thanks.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 8:08 PM

Hm, tried restarting machine?
works a-ok on Infinite, I honestly cannot recall on Vue 5 Pro if it had such a feature then (as that's what I had).
:)

what system do you have?

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

MuonQuark ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 9:41 PM

Sorry.  Should have entered more information.  I ran Vue6 Easel and it detected both CPUs with no problem.  The comparative chart says Vue6 Pro should see both CPUs as well.  I have a Gateway GT5228 with dual AMD Athalon 64 X2 Processors 4200+.

I notice the renders are slower too.  I seem to recall having to do a quick install of something extra when I installed Vue6 Easel.  Maybe I need to look at the CD....  ::shrugs::

melikia ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 4:37 AM

hi, muonquark...

yes, pro automatically detects the number of CPUs, however, it does not SHOW any indication of this.

right-click on window's task tray at the bottom of the screen, and bring up the task manager.  manipulate your windows so you can see it easy.  run a render and look at the performance tab on the task manager.  both (or more) windows should be running full-tilt.

hope this helps =D
~meli

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 5:46 AM

MuonQuark,
hm, do as Melikia says and see if both CPUs are being used?

Problem is I have Infinte so I cannot compare directly :/

If the same scene with the same lighting type renders slower, that would be weird!

Maybe Pro is using more advanced lighting types? Radiosity?

Sorry I can't be of more help :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

melikia ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 6:00 AM

esprit renders faster than pro... infinite renders faster than pro...

pro renders like a cow.

im ready to grab the bull by the horns already...

e-on, where's the sale i need!?!?

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

MuonQuark ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 6:42 AM

Thanks for the replies.  I don't think it's broke but was curious about it.  Also, I could always use more memory....   :-)

Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.