Sat, Sep 21, 11:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: New to Daz...anyone want to be a mentor?

jenniest ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 10:04 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

I'm a stay at home mom of triplet 9 year old boys who has nothing but time.  I've dabbled in daz, got frustrated, and deleted it.  I've just reloaded it and need someone to hold my hand basically lol.  Is there anyone here who has the time, and patience lol, to be a mentor and get someone going from the ground up?  When I say ground up, I mean just that....from opening the program for the first time to.....well, when you say you've had enough lol.  If you charge....well, name your price because I'm willing.

Thanks,
Jennie

lunchlady ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 1:16 PM

Hello and welcome!
Triplet 9 year old boys!?! You are a brave woman!
Everyone here seems to always be around to help on whatever topic you need so just ask anytime!! As far as starting from the ground up, install Daz and scan for content, and load a figure! The 2.2 version has a quick start and other tutorials right as you open the program and there are some great tutorials here at Renderosity,  too.

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 9:19 PM

Thats great about getting back into this.

I would recommend that you try Dream Lights tutorials.  You can look at the first two for free, and even just sign up for a month to get everything, but there is a lot if you keep it going.  Also right now they are having a 50% off sale on the membership. 

http://www.dream-lounge.com/dreamlight/home.htm

To see a list of the tutorials you get I believe you can go here.  About half way down the list you will see "Daz Studio for the Beginners" part one and two that you can get for free. (they are up to 12 videos in that series now).

http://www.dream-lounge.com/dreamlight/club/membersarea.php

You can also can get a free Light Dome for Daz Studio as well.
Hope that helps

casey42 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2008 at 10:27 AM

A couple of words of advice, if you are using Vista install Studio outside of ProgramFiles, a lot of people have found vista interfers with the operations of Studio.

Later when you get more used to Studio you might want to use the content organizer but at the stat you will be better off turning it off for now. Get your content tab up (click view/tabs/content if it is not showing) click on the little arrow in the top right of the tab and select view files as tree.

darman42 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2008 at 5:59 PM · edited Fri, 19 September 2008 at 5:59 PM

illl help you out if you ever need it. I'm not much of a renderer myself, but im willing to help :)

just PM with whatever question.

jenniest ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2008 at 7:03 PM

Thank you all for you advice.....and Darman, I just might take you up on that offer :)

Jen

Fussel2107 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 2:45 AM

Whenever you have a question, drop me a line. If you have any kind of IM...
I´m more than willing to help.
I´ve been going through that self learning trial and error phase for the last 1 1/2 years and now I´m finally at a point where I can say "I know how to use that darn thing"

shotgung0d ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 12:43 PM

Click that button in my sig and register. It's free, fun, and helpful.

Akhbour ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 1:52 PM

Just as the gentleman above said (hey Ralph, I am back!) or ask here you'll always find some folks around eager to help!

And don't forget, there are no silly questions, only silly answers! ^_^

Peter

C-Monster ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 10:41 PM · edited Tue, 23 September 2008 at 10:56 PM

I will be glade to help as much as I can you will find DAZ fun and easy to do when you get past the manual of one teck talking to another teck and putting down on paper, that the mountion you must climb. The first thingt to  do is to print out the manual and put it into two or three binders, its easier to handle that way. Next is to skim throught it a small part at a time, remembering its over written, trust me when I told DAZ about this and it will hold back the selling of more programs. If you have a preload half the battle is won, just spend some time and play with the controls moving them up and down and so on and so on. If you get hook by then I wil be glad to help you as much as I can.

C-Monster

C-Monster ( ) posted Wed, 24 September 2008 at 9:27 PM

Here is somthing I learn to do. Go over to DAZ sign in click on to the word OTHER FIGURE, in the middle of the gray bar is the word "sale only" click on that and you will find that Micheal 3 is FREE intill the end of the month. This how I add a lot to my program, just remember to tap on the word in capital letter and then sale only this will save a lot time of digging through all the goddies.

C-Monster

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.