Tue, Oct 1, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: OT I can`t connect to one site.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:10 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:34 PM

There is one site that I can`t connect to on the internet, apart from that I can go anywhere else.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or at least what could be causing it?

I have already tried clearing the internet cache and cookies and that had no effect.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:12 AM

What site? Possible the site is down?

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:23 AM

This is the site.

http://francemi.net/kctc_festivals/fall2008/fall2008.htm

It is not down, quite a few other people have been there in the past day or so.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:24 AM

When I go to the site, I get the The page cannot be displayed

error message as if the site doesn`t exist.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:27 AM

Try just http://francemi.net/kctc_festivals/fall2008/  it should bring up a directories that has for Day 1 and Day 2

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:54 AM

That didn`t work either.  I have tried going to the main site as well with no result.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:56 AM

Sorry that I could not help.

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 10:09 AM

The link works fine from here, using Firefox.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 10:19 AM

I have tried using firefox and internet explorer and neither of them work.

The KCTC site is at the same address so I can`t get in there.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 10:39 AM

Although I can go to that address, it appears completely blank. If I trim the URL and go back to http://francemi.net/ I can see content there, but no images, which leads me to believe that summat's up with the site. There's a contact address on the front page. 

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 12:42 PM

I cant see any pages at the site, but the owner of the site knows about the problem but doesnt know how to fix it.  Most people can connect to the site ok.

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 12:55 PM

Okay guys, I am the owner of these sites xantor can't go to. One of them is my private group forums site and all the other members can get there just fine, including myself.

Xantor has tried going to various sites on my webspace (Chohole's site, LittleDragon's site, one of my own personal websites, etc.) and he was only able to see Chohole's site for a brief moment then he got the error message.

Other people from DAZ Freepository and FaerieWylde's FaerieGifts forum went to that Fall Freebie Festival page at http://francemi.net/kctc_festivals/fall2008/fall2008.htm and got there just fine too.

Xantor has been a member of KCTC for a year now and this is the first time he is having problems getting there.

I really don't know if I can do something and if I can, what I can do to help him get there.

He tried MSIE and Firefox. I am tempted to suggest trying either Apple Safari or the new Apple browser. I know for instance that I can't go to Poserclub Japan and download something with MSIE or Firefox but I can download just fine with Safari. Maybe it is the solution?

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 1:11 PM · edited Thu, 02 October 2008 at 1:11 PM

I tried safari and got this error.

Safari can’t open the page “http://ktclub.francemi.net/forum/”. The error was: “unknown error” (CFURLErrorDomain:302) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Help menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Touchwood ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 1:50 PM

Can get there using IE, Firefox and Opera. 

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 3:18 PM

I've noticed that the web in general is SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW the last
few days.  Presumably it's related to frantic stock market activity.  Could be
that the nearest main web node to Xantor is basically overloaded....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

prixat ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 4:51 PM

Xantor
Have you tried getting to it via a proxy site?

regards
prixat

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 5:30 PM

It sounds to me like the problem might be with your computer firewall or something along those lines.

I did a google search on that error message and one thing I saw was that you can try doing a TRACERT on the website to see if your computer can connect to it over the internet.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 1:21 AM

Quote - Xantor
Have you tried getting to it via a proxy site?

I don`t know how to go via a proxy site.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 1:22 AM

Quote -

I did a google search on that error message and one thing I saw was that you can try doing a TRACERT on the website to see if your computer can connect to it over the internet.

I don`t know how to do a TRACERT.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 1:23 AM

Quote - I've noticed that the web in general is SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW the last
few days.  Presumably it's related to frantic stock market activity.  Could be
that the nearest main web node to Xantor is basically overloaded....

I have not been able to connect to the site for three days so it is probably not the web node being overloaded.

prixat ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 1:36 AM

try this proxy...

http://www.anon.me/

regards
prixat

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 1:50 AM

Prixat, that proxy worked.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 2:30 AM

The proxy worked, but I would still like to get this fixed so that I don`t have to always use the proxy to get to the site, I go to the site quite often.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 4:32 AM

Quote - I don`t know how to do a TRACERT.

Open a command prompt window, and type tracert followed by the address you want. Here's what I get:

H:>tracert francemi.net

Tracing route to francemi.net [65.254.250.106]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 Destination host unreachable.

Trace complete.

However if I go to Network-Tools.com and do a trace from there, I get a good result.

I suspect a DNS problem. I had something similar with my site a while back - some people could see it, some couldn't. It took a heck of a job to convince my hosts that they should do something about it.

prixat ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 6:18 AM

Theres still not enough information to say where the problem is.
A trace route from your machine machine would give a better indication.

I think you should pester your ISP.
Partly because both you and Englishbob are in the UK so the problem is more likely in this country than in Boston, But mostly because you have nobody else to shout at :biggrin:

regards
prixat

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 6:25 AM

Another member of my group was unable to get there for 2 days. Guess where he lives? UK

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 7:57 AM

The site(s) are working ok for me now, today.

There have been some server problems in the uk that might have affected my connection.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.