Sun, Oct 6, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Dirk

Gaiadriel ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 11:25 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 7:46 AM

Hi all,

I've received several messages querying news about Dirk. After his long absence, several weeks ago, and even an extended period of silence with our personal communications, I'd asked if he wished me to post something, even if only a short blurb, just to let everyone who is concerned , know about how things are going with him. It felt the least to offer, a respectful recognition that he is the one to claim ownership over what news of him is, or is not, shared openly. While we all ache for him...and share his illness with him....this path, after all, is HIS to have some sense of control over, when surely so much else must feel so out of his mortal control. Well, in typical Dirk fashion (which always makes me grin like hell), he said thanks, but no, he'd planned to post a new XD soon, and would let everyone know then. Enough said.

But, after so many more weeks passing, and news I received from his wife last night  at his request,  I'm winging this on my own judgment. I seriously hope it's the right thing to do, and that he won't mind..that he'll recognize that it's only being done to ease the minds of many friends, who value him, and whose own worry grows in the big silences.

Just now, he is in the hospital, on antibiotics, getting some treatment, and also receiving inpatient pain management. He will hopefully return home in the next few days, after they come up with something, medication-wise, to get him sufficient -enough pain relief , and some other recent issues, under wraps. 

Just news, friends, that our Dirk is struggling just now, but as beautifully, deliberately, mindfully, and intensely as anyone who has ever fought this damned fight...and to let you all know that he is still very much with us.

Hmm, I wish there was a way to disable comments or replies on a thread post, but I can't find it. Just seems a little like having some open discussion in forum, about him, when he's necessarily away..and I don't approve. I somehow feel  he wouldn't think much of it either. So, I hope everyone will be mindful if they feel compelled to leave comments at all. But, I can't locate any such feature here to limit comments, so I will have to toss this out into forum-space, just as is. 

Shared in peace and love,
Nancy~*

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 3:11 PM

Thank you for the news. I'll lock the comments for you, Nancy.

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.