Fri, Aug 2, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: What are some of your aborted projects?

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 12:01 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 9:52 PM

I am curious what you've started but just couldn't make come to pass. It could be due to difficulty, time constraints, apathy, whatever. Being mostly just a renderer, I really don't have any. I tried making long gloves for Vicky but since I'm cr2upid, I couldn't get them to work. -WTB

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 12:13 PM

I animate, my hard drive is full of aborted projects. My main problem is that I gave GADD (Genre Attention Deficiency Disorder ). Basically I might be in Medieval Fantasy one week, comic-book heroes the next week, and deep-space sci-fi the week after that. This results in a bunch of test renders of various characters flying through "gray space" sitting in various places on my hard drive. One of these days I'll get better at backgrounds and scenary and I'll be able to finalize some of these projects.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 12:47 PM
  • Various celebrity head morphs in need of custom magnets
  • scenes needing backgrounds (Poser really should have come with some basic indoor/outdoor scenery)
  • custom textures so I can finally offer complete characters instead of just head morph targets
  • a nasal septum morph for Vicky
  • a port of Masa's MT Mirror for Macintosh

Does that answer it?

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 1:24 PM

More projects than I would care to remember. And not just artistic ones - I've got about a thousand partially written stories and game projects laying around too...

Butch ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 1:37 PM

I've got stories that I have never finished and poser characters for just about all them. I think of something else and have to work on that instead of finishing something that I have already been working....

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 2:24 PM

15-20 different comic ideas, 32 character wips, and maybe 20 image setups ( likley why I have 4 HDD )

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 2:33 PM

oh sure......we post all of our back-burner projects.....next thing you know, all the stuff that we have in the works is posted to FreeStuff by someone who beat us to the punch......LOLOLOLOL..........seriously, though, i have several guitars, weapons, and environmental props sitting in a folder twiddling thier proverbial thumbs....a handful of horror-based male and female textures.....three female characters, two or three male ones....aaaaaand several unrealized horror scenes.......and that's all i have to say about that........

thip ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 2:36 PM

One set of kid's clothes, two PPP-ready QuickSuits, three clothesbuilding tutos, four fantasy pics and five million loose picture ideas - and then some. Some day I'm gonna finish all of it, just you wait and see 8-( Nice to know I'm not the only one suffering from JOMTILTTOB syndrome (Just-One-More-Thing-I'd-Like-To-Try-Out-Before...) Cheers, thip

Styxx ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 3:15 PM

a dragon with about a billion polygons :( If I can ever find a good free polychopper, I might just poserize him! lol of course, there is also the couple of hundred dress designs that my wife has made for me to model! lol

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 3:31 PM

Do world domination plots count? -Jeff

nfredman ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 3:44 PM

World domination probably does count. And, Thip is not alone in his/her JOMTILTTOB problem. My problem is that i keep thinking of things to do to a project and then boggle at doing them. i have a cyborg queen, for example, whose throne keeps throwing me. Argh. And then i decide she needs a different outfit, or hair, or teacup. Or the seated warrior, where i keep adding stuff to the scene in Bryce and it just gets all out of hand. i highly recommend having an art show deadline... i have Balticon coming up this Memorial Day weekend, and that's motivating. ((sigh)) Ars longa, vita brevis.

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 5:41 PM

I started a headless horseman but aborted it because I didnt know much, but I dug it up the other day and I am working on him again

mocap ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 6:37 PM

file_170330.jpg

I had started a project where i was going to build of full working rig in cinema4DXL6 for the P4 Male imported mesh then I got micheal and vicky so i decided to build a rig for them in cinema then after an unforseen &&Wind fall$$$ I Got lightwave so i decided to build bone rigs for mike & vicky in lightwave then i got distracted doing some really cool posters of poser's brain stem robot on an awesome bike that i can print at 1200 DPI on our hewlet packard 42" poster printer in the digital graphics department of the print shop wherei am the chief design Guru My problem is that i own too many 3D programs and have too little free time and dont get me started about my new flashbased website I am supposed to be building Mocap

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 6:50 PM

Just about everything I start gets aborte

GrayMare ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 7:46 PM

My boat restoration project. My youngest son's rawhide backed juniper bow. My comic book collaboration with a friend (in Poser). The great american novel, in a renaissance-redneck culturally aware southern boy genre that hasn't been really clearly defined yet. Learning to use RDS 5.5 that I bought new, shrink-wrapped for only $100 US, finally installed, but haven't touched yet. I did take the manual with me to the bathroom once. A half dozen websites that await payment before I'm going any further on them. But Poser projects...well, I'm working on Faith Hill and Gena Gershon... or at least claim I am. Both have rather non-poserish faces. I've created my version of the D&D halfling, and modded the clothing/armor/etc, but haven't got the head morphed the way I want it yet (need to make the back of the head larger..). I am pretty much done with Joan D'Arc, my own warrior fem. She needs work on her hair, then actually using her in scenes. I want to figure out how to render real looking water surfaces IN Poser, but can't ding dang durnit. Anyway... GrayMare

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2001 at 12:25 AM

The most interesting projects I have in limbo are... ...hmmm, Hey these were pretty cool... (I'll have to finish this later)

Dragontales ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2001 at 10:14 AM

Thank god for large hard drives. I have a bunch of stuff that I started. A character that made it though most of the physical creation, but now that it's time to clothe her, I can't find anything fitting, or create any myself. A couple of scenes in max some textures I was creating. Ah well, it goes on. Thought I was the only one though. Dragontales

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2001 at 12:54 PM

Pretty much all of them. :-( Too many things to do, not enough time or energy.

nfredman ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2001 at 4:34 PM

William, thanks for asking this question; it's inspired me to go back and work on stuff "temporarily" put aside!

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 2:26 PM

It seems to me that I started this thread and forgot about it and for some reason didn't recieve email notification that it was being responded to! Hmmm. Since we're talking about stuff other then Poser, I'll add one to the mix. I recently started writing an e-book accessory to the new 3rd Edition Dungeons and Dragons game. It was going to be a book that would help incorporate Romance into a gaming session based on game stats and die rolls with a minimum of role playing so as not to embarrass the gamers. The thought is that it would bring a missing aspect to the campaign. Romance is a very important element of storytelling that so often gets left out. Anyway, 3 chapters in and I never really decided exactly how I wanted it to work so it sits on the backburner. Plus without actually having a game on, I tend to lose interest in the game until another new sourcebook is released, which brings the interest back up for exactly four days. -WTB

nfredman ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 3:59 PM

Let me see... this thread was an abandoned project... :^) My Cyborg Queen has gotten a bit further, actually--as far as starting in post, where most of her will occur. Decided to tone down all the modeling--people responding to a more hand-made look to my pieces has made me back off on some ambitious projects. But there are new ones bubbling... Just got finished with a front and back cover for a new RPG. They were going to kill themselves to get it out at GenCon, but decided not to rush to publish. Still got 3 more big pics for them... and that other book cover plus illustrations to do this summer... and World Science Fiction Convention coming up on Labor day! Arrrrgh!

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 4:17 PM

and a partridge in a pear tree... g

nfredman ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 7:01 PM

You know it, Kate. i'm waiting for the partridge to build a nest in my hair.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 10:11 PM

LOL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.