Fri, Sep 20, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Is there a file install listing somewhere for V4 in Poser 7

Impressions ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2008 at 2:45 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:17 AM

This has probably been asked and answered before but I just got to the problem.  I have Daz Studio and installed V4 there but would also like to use her in Poser 7.  How do I go about it?  Do I make her in Daz Studio and then move her in to Poser is that possible or do I need to i nstall her fresh into Poser?  Then because install seems to get mixed up and Poser is stubborn is there a listing somewhere on how the files Hierachy should look like. 

I use Poser Org.  and ran it today and it dose not like how V4 seems to be organized and I need to fix it or start over.......

Thanks in advance for your help

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2008 at 3:45 PM

I'll give you my two cents. I never, ever install files (whether from a zip file or a DAZ exe) directly into Poser. I have my own ideas about where I want the files to go in Poser. I have a big folder on my drive that is labeled Poser Downloads. This is where I unzip or run DAZ's exe. Once everything is unpacked, I then manually move the files into the folders that I choose to. Geometry files have to be copied as is into Poser's Geometry, but the rest of the files can go into folders of my chosing within Poser. But if you do this method constantly (unzipping to a seperate and specific place on your hard drive), you will, by repetition, learn Poser's file structure. You CAN just re-run DAZ's exe file for V4 and select Poser 6 (or 7 depending on if the exe gives you that option), and install V4 directly into your Poser program. The exe will place V4's files into Poser where DAZ thought that should be, but later on you may have to go looking for where the textures were put if you decide to modify these textures in an art program. But I see no problem with just re-running the exe and selecting a Poser install this time rather than the DAZ Studio install that was selected the first time.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Impressions ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2008 at 10:36 PM

I usually do open everything and then put them where I want but V4 intimidates me a little she has so many parts and I just am not sure where it all goes.  I thank you for your answer and you are right about the mess install exe makes of everything.  The Poser org really helps a lot but when it went spaz I froze.  I am going to just try as you say an just put the parts where I want them......

Thanks for your time......

Latexluv ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 12:41 AM

Glad I could help you out some there. Good luck!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Impressions ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 1:03 PM

Late Glow,  I finally figured out completely why I was having such a blank hard time with this.  Incase any one else is having a problem like this.  I was trying to install V4 and all her added creature morphs outside of the main Poser 7 file and just like the pop up says if you put the files in the main file all is well.  I will try reading and not panic next time..........

If you don't read you deserve what you get...  A real mess.

Thanks Again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.