Sun, Sep 22, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Modeling Programs

cryptojoe ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 6:11 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:21 AM

I am searching for answers, not opinions please.

Does anyone know for a fact which program is used to create the Michael and Victoria characters?

Thank you for your thoughtful replies.

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

Akhbour ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 6:14 PM

If I remember well, V4 was made with Modo, I guess it's the same with Mike 4.

Peter

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 6:15 PM

V4 was made in MODO for a fact ..because that was said  DAZ site.
M3 and V3 i dont know . and i didnot find any Proof of wich program was used.
But V4 was made in MODO and that also made ME buy MODO 302

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

cryptojoe ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 6:24 PM

Bar Code, how is Modo, I mean as far as the interface is concerned. Rhino really spoiled me, if you've ever played with the program you'd know what I mean.

Hey gang, thanx for the heads up, really appreciate it.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 6:29 PM

Well im learning Modo ..and its great ..i have played with MAX HEX SILO SHADE CARRARA VUE ....
But Modo rules in the way you can make your own tools and work flow...
For me its a dream come true..
Its like all new tools you need to learn your way into things.. but im pretty happy with it...
ANd the Tut Video's i have  showed me things all tools i own now all above but MAX..
Non of them comes close..

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

cryptojoe ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 6:45 PM

Cool. I know what I want my Uncle to buy me for Christmas, before he goes to the poor house that is...

Thanx...

henrytj ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 4:30 PM · edited Sun, 30 November 2008 at 4:34 PM

Wow, Modo is expensive, and it come with features (animation and rendering) that i already have in other programs (C4D, etc). I wish they had a modeling only version that is cheaper. I'm tired of every program doing everything and you have to waste a lot of money for the repeated duplication of abilities.

Are there any good modeling-only programs? I have an old version of Rhino, and it seems great for mechanical things, but not so much for organics. I just got Hexagon through a magazine discount offer but haven't had time to play with it much.

lazycatstudio ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 7:06 AM

Quote - M3 and V3 i dont know . and i didnot find any Proof of wich program was used.

It has been stated that they used LightWave for those.

casey42 ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2008 at 7:42 AM

M4 was rigged in DAZ Studio using the new rigging tools.

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2008 at 7:06 PM

Also, the Modo interface is totally customizable, right down to the forms used for the menus,
and the hot keys used for commands. Quite impressive really. :) Comfortable with the Rhino
interface? It should be possible to rearrange the Modo interface to be similiar to Rhino's, and
Luxology sells a plugin that imports Rhino format files, and is working on one for SketchUp
as well. Best money I ever spent. ^_-

Eric

Thelby ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 10:26 AM

Factoid: Modo was Created by the Creators and former Engineers of Lightwave up to version 7 or 7.5 I believe. Brad Peebler the Vice Pres. of Newtek left and took most of the Enginneers and the programming team with him. That is one of the Reasons Modo is So Good. They have a team with a Proven Track Record behind them!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.