Sat, Oct 5, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: Forgive this silly question *blush*

ValisArca ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 12:52 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 5:27 AM

If I buy hair...and it says I need poser...however I only have daz...can I install it and get Daz to read the file?

...can some of the poser stuff just work in DAZ?

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 12:58 PM

alot of the stuff for poser can work with daz i only have daz myself and most of my runtime is poser content that i've downloaded from various areas.  you may have to adjust settings for how it looks but it should work unless it's dynamic which doesn't work in daz at all

ValisArca ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 1:04 PM

Thank you!

Ummm...I am a newb....so umm...how do I get Daz to read the files? Does it just do it on auto? Or do I make it scan for the stuff?

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 1:14 PM

well that depends on where you stick your content for it to read it lol.  i put all my content into the same runtime ( on two different drives though) my main content is in c/program files/daz studio/content/ or something like that but if you did the default installation it may look different but the idea is the same.  if you unzip your new content to a seperate folder then drag and drop the runtime folder into your content folder it should deposit everything where it needs to be and your d/s should load it up properly without scanning too much

ValisArca ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 7:31 PM

Thanks a ton!

So as long as I install it to daz it should show up.....so what poser file extentions should I look out for? As in which files extentions will not show up in Daz?

And what does dynamic mean? Canyou give me an example of a product that will not work for DAZ?...just so I know what to look out for. ^_^

I'll bake you cookiessss....wink

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 7:39 PM

dynamic is the cloth like clothing that is created in poser cloth room that will drap over a figure much like real clothes do or hair for that matter. anything that says dynamic somewhere in the name or description would be good to avoid at least until daz comes out with it's own dynamic products wich wont work in poser apparently. two different systems of creating dynamic clothing or hair that aren't compatible

ValisArca ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 7:59 PM

Thank you very much. ^_^

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.