Sun, Sep 22, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: vue cant VOB file in vista

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 6:46 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:18 PM

ihave some vob files that will not open in vue 6 infinite in vista but will open fine in vue 6 infinite in windows xp does any one know why this is?.The erroer message says that unable to read the file when i try to open it in vue on my vista pc

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 6:51 PM

Are both Vue's the same version and build? VOBs created in later Vue versions can normally not be read by earlier versions.

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 6:52 PM

Well, I'm not sure if it's "normally" but that has happen to me, at least.

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 6:53 PM

make sure you are running Vue as administrator

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 7:18 PM

its eaxactly the same on both pcs and vue is being run as an administrator

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 7:41 PM

Have you tried deleting all *.prv files in the folder where that vob is?

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 7:42 PM

Or, alternatively, have you tried copying all *.prv files from the folder where XP can read into the folder where Vista can't?

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 7:56 PM

just tried both of those idears still no luck

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 8:24 PM

Could be the materials in the vob?  Is the vob saved with materials embedded?  Does the Vista machine have the file extensions showing.  I think I remember something about it could not find a file because it didn't see the file extension.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 8:34 PM

I dont know about the materiala in the vob it they were a free download , but vista does show the file extension

Rutra ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 5:00 AM

If it's a free download, maybe you can tell me what it is and I'll test myself. I also have a XP and a Vista and so I can duplicate your situation, more or less, and tell you the result. If it turns out I can read it well, you might want to send a ticket to e-on. I'm not home right now but I'll be able to test it later today.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 5:18 AM

its a dog rose i downloaded some while ago but only recently tried it in vista cant remember which site i got it from. I seem to spend a lot of time looking through the free stuff on different sites and grabing stuff here and there and some time s not using them for ages

Rutra ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 8:17 AM

I do the same. :-) I think I never used 90% of the free stuff I downloaded.
If you like, maybe you can send it to me. If it's free, most likely we're not violating any rights by doing this. My email address is artur.rosa@gmail.com

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 8:49 AM

ok imtrying to send it to you now there are three files i think im limited to 10MB files to send so i can only send you 2 of them because 1 is 19 MB  my email is bigdave1960@hotmail.co.uk

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 9:08 AM

ok you should have got them now good luck

Rutra ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 6:57 PM · edited Thu, 06 November 2008 at 6:57 PM

file_417321.jpg

Both VOBs open fine in V6I in Vista, as you can see. So, the models seem good. Maybe it's time to send e-on a ticket.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 2:36 PM

ok thanks for giving them a try just a thought do you have SP1 on your vista or not ?, just in case tha t cause any issues

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 3:45 PM

Yes, I have SP1 and all the latest hotfixes.
Maybe a bit farfetched but did you try temporarily disabling your antivirus and antispyware? In that regard, my system is really simple because I don't normally have Vista connected to Internet so all that security stuff is reduced to an absolute minimum in my case. I don't have firewall, UAC, etc.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 5:47 PM

yes all turned off by default because that pc is not often connected to internet i only turn them on if i connect UAC is turned off as well

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.