Wed, Sep 18, 4:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: OT: Kicked to the Curb...

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:09 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 3:26 AM

Yesterday at 11:47 am E.S.T...after working 12 yrs for a BIG 4 accounting firm...I was LET GO!

Hmmm....single DAD,11 yr old daughter....Mortgage..feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone! In a Major daze.  Even got up today at my usual "go to work time"  (LOL!) 

From what  I've been reading about the economic situation, its only going to get worse here in the US (and elsewhere I assume too)

Maybe this is a sign...start a new direction...find a new path...who knows?  Right now just taking care of the things I can. 

Sorry for the RANT...

J:scared:E

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:18 AM

I know exactly how you feel.  Last December, four months after being moved from the SF bay area to Seattle to take a very well-paid position, I was let go for the first time in my life.  25 years in the field, well-respected, but no jobs to be had in my field in the area.  Due to family constraints (my aging parents live in the area, I needed to stay near them) and personal ones (ex-husband in the bay area!) I couldn't go back to where I was before the move, so I ended up unemployed for six months.   I had to make a career change, not easy at my age, but so far so good.  Hang in there.  Unemployment isn't really enough to live on, but you should find something soon, people always need accountants.

Ra3vyn ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:21 AM

Gee Joe.. what can I say... I'm so sorry. :(
My Daughter is 10 and my Son is 12, their father and I divorced and I was a single parent for a while there. Things are hard enough without all this financial hardship as well.
I sincerely hope you are able to find another job soon and that things improve quickly for you and your Daughter.

Hugs
Ra3vyn x

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:40 AM

OH,  I am sorry about that. I hope for you to get an even better job, than you had before very soon.

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 10:39 AM

How awful! The only positive thought I have right now is, nothing stays the same.

mbz2662 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 3:53 PM

Sorry to hear that.  I hope you find something soon.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 6:48 PM

dude that sucks...I hope another door opens soon for ya

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

tofi ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 8:13 PM

Hey Joe, couldn't help but respond... my heart goes out to you, and a big applause and "props" as they say, goes to be a super single dad!!  It's a tough job; and it must really be a downer to have to through all that at this stage in the game-- I know what it's about as well, to say the least.  

It's going to be tough, cuz no one said that transition is easy--but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and perhaps you weren't willing to "go" on your own, and just needed this "push" to end up in the right direction.  As the saying goes, and is oh so true... when one door closes, it's just a matter of time before the next one opens.  

Keep thinking positive thoughts, as every action follows thought.  Things will work out for the best for you, I believe that.. and so should you!  

Bright Blessings,

Tofi

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

nongo ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 8:40 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that Joe!!!  Tofi took most of the words right out of my mouth though, about things happening for a reason. I know it's hard, but keep your eyes & heart open to new adventures and it will lead you to something completely unexpected, and you'll be so happy for the change!! I'll keep you in my thoughts. Collective focusing really works, so come on folks let's send Joe some good energy & strength!!!  keep looking at everything with a new pair of glasses!!!! things will become clear...       warm regards, Akemi

Tanchelyn ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 1:58 AM

This is hard to read. The worst part is that they not only take your income, but also kick you straight into your self-respect. You're thrown back on survival.
If you can manage to keep cool, you may well see that there are other possibilities. A new kind of creativity is needed. Like the mammals surviving when the dinosaurs started disappearing.
Survival of the fittest.

Easier to do when you're single without kids.

I hope you'll find a good and satisfying solution very soon.

I'm with Akemi on this. I'll chime in with her untill you can say you're picking up good vibrations.

There are no Borg. All resistance is fertile.

girsempa ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 4:10 AM

For someone who's been a loyal worker for so long, there should be plenty of good opportunities (maybe even in a totally new direction). And every opportunity is a new chance to prove what you can achieve. Don't stop believing in yourself now, stay on top of it and —the most important thing— keep busy no matter what (if you're thinking of taking a well-deserved rest, don't do it now!). I know it's a tough apple, but you'll have to bite it through. Tough luck can turn out to be good luck. That's what I'm wishing you. All the best mate!

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 12:23 PM

Joe, it is not going to be of any good if I tell you that we had been way ahead with this job situation.

All I want to say is to encourage you and say I have seen people make dramatic changes and new careers, sometimes surprizingly pioneering in nature. It can be done, and I wish you good luck, may your break come soon.

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

gradient ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 7:14 PM

When one door closes...another one opens....

Stay positive.....all the best.

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 9:28 PM

I want to THANK you ALL for the thoughts and postive VIBES you're sending my way!  I'm trying my best to keep my mind free of the negative stuff (especially for my daughters sake) its just really hard to do under the circumstances.

Been wrapping myself in my photography right now...keeping me sane and giving me a way to express myself....how I feel and whatnot.

Thanks again....means alot to me!

J😊e

babuci ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 9:39 PM

Sure it is under the belt kick, just 6 weeks before christmas. Hard to explane this to an 11 yrs old little girl you need a lots of courage. Put your feeling into phototgraphy will help ( personal experience).

seeya  Tunde

Tanchelyn ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 7:46 AM

If I may say so: there's no real engagement that comes not from the inside. There are huge changes going on, and it's a tough period for many, and probably for many others to come.
Yiou are on the inside. You feel it. Try to show this in your photo work. Go to where hunger is ugly and souls are forgotten and show it. By moving people, you may cause a movement, a shift, and help for the better.
Many artists have been more inspired when things go bad than when they go well.

And know you have friends here!

There are no Borg. All resistance is fertile.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.