Sun, Oct 6, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: QuadCore and Vue7

vincebagna ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 8:47 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:21 AM

Isn't it supposed to be written '4 CPU' at the bottom of the Vue screen with a QuadCore?
I have '3CPU' written down, it was the same with Vue6...

My Store

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 8:50 AM

yes - I have a Q6600 & it says 4 CPU at the bottom.

vincebagna ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:00 AM

I have a Q6600 too but it only says 3 CPU...
What could be the cause?

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:02 AM

I forget to add i'm running it with XP64 and i have 4gb RAM.

My Store

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:08 AM

I really don't have an answer :(.  I have XP x64 8G ram.  Hopefully a hardware guru will arrive shortly!

vincebagna ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:14 AM

I hope so!
No worries and thanks :)

The strange thing is that in other softwares, my 4 cores are recognized... :/

My Store

jc ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 11:29 AM

I also have a Quad core, Q9300, 4GB DDR3, XP Pro 64 -  and my Vue 7 Infinite shows "4CPU".

Does this always happen (with all scenes at all times)? Some cores might not be used at some times (but not sure of this).

I just did a quick Google search and didn't see anything about this.
If it were my system, I'd start a ticket with e-on support. It doesn't seem to be a Windows issue.

vincebagna ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 12:58 PM

It happens since i have a Quad core and Vue6Inf, so from the beginning.
I will do as you say, open a ticket. Perhaps they have the solution? (i know, i'm a dreamer sometimes...)

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:17 PM

Another question: when you look at your device manager under Processors, are you supposed to see them listed as 4 lines?

My Store

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:18 PM

file_417396.jpg

The only idea I can drop in here, open the Task-Manager in Windows and render a scene. If all 4 cores work correct it will look like my picture :)

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

jc ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:41 PM

You could also download the free "FanSpeed" program. It monitors your core temperatures (always a good idea) and also shows which cores are active.

www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 2:56 PM

Another question: when you look at your device manager under Processors, are you supposed to see them listed as 4 lines?

Yes

MyCat ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 10:12 PM

I have both Vue 6 and 7 Infinite, a Q6600, 8GB RAM, and XP 64 bit. Both say 4 CPU.

I hate to use the P word, but Poser 7 also uses 4 cores.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 4:44 AM

file_417432.jpg

So i guess i have a problem... :(

And in the device manager, i only see 3 CPU listed. What could i do?

My Store

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 4:52 AM

OhOh looks you have a China CPU :huh:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 4:54 AM

Why that?

My Store

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 5:09 AM

A cheap copy made in China maybe. Contact your dealer where you purchased the Computer from. One of the cores is defective.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Dale B ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 5:11 AM

Actually, what kind of CPU -do- you have? If it is AMD, then you got one of the X3 Phenoms, not an X4. Instead of trashing the Phenoms that had one core come in under minimum, they decided to cut the links to the substandard core and sell them as a value chip; the packaging remains identical, only the part number is different. 

And there have been times when those X3's have been remarked and sold as the X4 Phenom.

Now, if that is an Intel chip, then you just have one core that has died on you.

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 5:18 AM

vincebagna has a Q6600.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 5:26 AM

I will contact my dealer. But is he obliged to replace it?

My Store

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 5:36 AM

In Germany we have 2 years warranty on purchased products. It’s in whole Europe almost the same.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 5:43 AM

My computer has been built in september 2007, so i guess it's all good :)

Thanks Mazak, i will call my dealer on monday.

My Store

jc ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 12:07 PM · edited Sat, 08 November 2008 at 12:17 PM

If it's an Intel processor, you can get a free replacement direct from them (if your dealer won't do it for you). Just go to "Intel.com > your country > products for work > support > processors" select your model number and find the online chat tool to get an RMA number. If memory serves, the Intel warranty is 5 years.

But you'll have to ship yours back first, and Intel will want the numbers off it (so you have to remove it from your system and wipe of the heat transmitting goop to see those - unless you kept the box. And there is one number that may not be on the box).

Whereas the dealer would prolly swap in a new one while you wait (or at any rate pretty fast). It's a maybe 20 minute job: Pull the cooler, open the mounting clip and remove the chip package, pop in the new chip package and close the clip, wipe off the old heat transmitting goop from the cooler, apply new goop to the cooler, replace the cooler, plug in the fan.

Most people don't realize how easy it is to assemble a Windows system, once you have a spec for a good set of parts.

BTW, I've been assembling PCs since 1976, and would be glad to share my Excel spreadsheet of components for the Intel system I assembled last month.

Thelby ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 12:50 PM

Quote -
BTW, I've been assembling PCs since 1976, and would be glad to share my Excel spreadsheet of components for the Intel system I assembled last month.

Hey, Do tell, Do Tell!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 12:53 PM · edited Sat, 08 November 2008 at 12:55 PM

Hi JC, I'd like to see that list too - thinking of building a new computer.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

jc ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 1:02 PM

OK, will clean up my spreadsheet (delete the product choices I didn't end up buying - add some caveats I learned) and upload it.

Will post a note to my new thread on this topic when it's ready for download.

Thelby ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 1:04 PM

Thanks, I Appreciate It!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.