Sun, Sep 22, 9:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Missing textures

muller252 ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 6:22 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:29 PM

Hi, I'm using DAZ/studio 2.3.3.89, but am encountering a lot of texture problems with it. I'm finding that a number
of my models cannot apply texture. I get the error message saying the textures cannot be located. I have tried resetting the models,
looking at surfaces, and importing through the file menu.
Has anyone else any such problems?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 6:55 AM

Are you sure you are installing them correctly, and that you have your content fodlers set correctly (in general you point the installer to, or unzip to, the Content folder in the folder you installed Studio to if you are working with the default set up). If you are running Vista, and have DS in the Program Files folder, then the installers may be being prevented from placing files in the the Content folder - try running the installer as administrator and see if that helps.

muller252 ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 7:31 AM

I have plenty of experience with the installation process. I'm running xp sp3. I have done it all and am out of options.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 8:44 AM

Are the textures where the file says they should be?

grylin ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 3:02 PM

this is how my folders are installed ;
 i have 9 content folders, so i can see where all my stuff is in daz :)
 and theyre all set up like this;
/runtime/geometries/libraries/textures
ive removed alot of things too:( to reduce the size of all my stuff... but still...... :(  too bad that one has to do that, so daz can maybe find textures without getting error message 
if one has to do that .
 but i can live with it, ...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 8:40 AM

Quote - and theyre all set up like this;
/runtime/geometries/libraries/textures

But it's the folder containing the Runtime folder that you have selected in Edit>Preferences>Directories? And the Geometries, libraries and textures folders are in the Runtime folder in the selected folder?

grylin ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 12:43 PM

yep :)
 but, i really dont mind  tho:)

besides, it renders with no errors :D 

muller252 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2008 at 5:32 PM

I posted this on a daz forum also and it seems I'm not alone with this problem. It seems to be occuring with the two latest versions of daz.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.