Thu, Oct 3, 1:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: is my M4 broken?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 7:04 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:20 AM

file_418769.jpg

look at him in poser pro (he's fine in poser 7 though) this is just a preview image but he looks the same when rendered. i have made him white so u can see the artifacts) love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Morgano ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:20 PM

Do you have "Enable hardware shading" on?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:25 PM

where do i find that setting to check?
love esther

Morgano ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:28 PM

Render settings ===> Preview (lower left)

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:35 PM

file_418775.jpg

where?

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:38 PM · edited Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:38 PM

You don't need "enable hardware shading" on for that. That setting is for advanced OpenGL features.
Looks to me like you have the document or the figure set to flat shaded. Document Display Style by default at the lower left of the interface. Set it to "Texture Shaded".

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:39 PM

okay - found it - it was off.  turning it on didn't fix the problem though

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:40 PM

Quote -  where?

In the Preview tab at the far right. But like I said, that's not the problem.

Morgano ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:41 PM

You don't need "enable hardware shading" on for that. That setting is for advanced OpenGL features.
Looks to me like you have the document or the figure set to flat shaded. Document Display Style by default at the lower left of the interface.

That doesn't explain why it renders like that.

"Enable hardware sharing" is an option under the "Preview" tab.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:45 PM

i made him white deliberately.  already Texture Shaded document style.
he not only looks odd in preview but also when rendered.  i can texture him but the problem doesn't go away.
sad
love esther

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:49 PM

Quote - You don't need "enable hardware shading" on for that. That setting is for advanced OpenGL features.
Looks to me like you have the document or the figure set to flat shaded. Document Display Style by default at the lower left of the interface.

That doesn't explain why it renders like that.

"Enable hardware sharing" is an option under the "Preview" tab.

Yeah you're right. Sorry about that, I missed the part about it rendering like that too.

Beats me. I'd guess maybe not enough VRam, but who knows- if it works ok on the same machine as Poser 7 it should be OK in Poser pro

Morgano ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 9:29 PM

I was experimenting in Poser Pro, to try to re-create this, and found that having "Enable hardware sharing" pretty well seemed to disable rendering - that's why I thought it might be relevant.   I don't use OpenGL normally, because I get all sorts of problems.   With SreeD, M4 looks OK in preview and renders OK for me in Poser Pro.  

My default character is TY2.   Switching on "Enable hardware sharing" has the same effect on her, so it may not be a problem specific to M4.   (I specifically installed M4 in Poser Pro, but TY2 is installed in the Poser 7 run-time.)

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 11:31 PM

file_418781.jpg

my settings

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 11:38 PM · edited Wed, 26 November 2008 at 11:39 PM

file_418783.jpg

here's how he looks in poser 7 and poser pro, and I'm on a mac.  Anyone else get this. Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 11:40 PM

I changed a couple of my settings in poser pro to the same as poser 7 so as far as I can see they are identical.  This is bad hey.
Love esther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.