Fri, Sep 20, 2:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro Hangs at end of Render

mglant ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 10:26 PM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 8:50 PM

I have had Poser since P4 and now have tons of content.  I recently got PoserPro and have been working on setting up all of my runtimes.  I have had lots of issues with the program crashing, likely due to Mellinium figures needing to be in the main runtime, so I have reloaded almost all of the figures.  I have also started setting up DAZ Studio.  However I still am having a problem that everything seems to work okay, but at the end of a render the render gets stuck and I have to just kill it.   Same issue with G2 figures as well. I have a dual Quad processor HP with 4 gig ram and high end Nvidia video card.  No issues when I ran P7.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mick

Tracesl ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:40 AM
Online Now!
  1. Change to screeD rather than openGL to see if that helps, OR

2.  Fix suggested by infinity10 - "If using nVidia graphics accelerator card, switch off anisotropic, texture filttering and all other special effects for your card, using the nVidia management software."

mglant ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2008 at 7:30 PM

Thanks, this seems to work in my first few renders.  Will come back if it does not continue to solve the issue.
Mick

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2008 at 6:58 PM

Granted different platform, but PPro on an Intel Mac background render: Instead of a hang, it would crash often using OpneGl right at the very end on the render. Still get them once and awhile using SreeD. What seems to be working is not rendering as a separate process over the last few days. But not enough renders and or still need to give it a fully loaded, heavy couple of scenes before I think this might end my crashing. Will give up speed for stability. 

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.