Fri, Oct 4, 2:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: After having Vue closed for a couple hours now why is this still show in TM

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 5:59 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:18 PM

file_418973.jpg

As stated above.  I've had Vue closed for a couple hours now - why is this still showing in my task manager?  It's not using CPU cycles but it should'nt still be there taking memory :blink:

I believe I should be sending this off to tech support - hmmmmmm

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 6:06 PM

file_418974.jpg

I just re-opened Vue & low & behold it shows it running 2 times!  WTH???

Shari123 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 6:55 PM

Just a thought, but could it possibly be allowing internet access to Vue? It could possibly be checking periodically for updates and linking to C3D.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 7:00 PM · edited Mon, 01 December 2008 at 7:03 PM

Nope - All internet access denied, that's the 1st thing I unclick ;)

In fact I opened V6I - did some rendering & V6I showed in the mem column 188,732K while it was rendering!  Note V7i sitting idle(not even open) & see how much mem it's using just sitting there.......

I went ahead & sent in a tech ticket......this is just plain crazy :(

Shari123 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 7:08 PM

I discovered, strangely enough, that although I denied internet access to Vue 6I, it was in fact connecting to the internet anyway. I had to block it in my firewall to stop it from connecting. I don't have Vue 7 yet, so I can't relate my experiences there.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 7:47 PM · edited Mon, 01 December 2008 at 7:48 PM

I have all that blocked :(. I'm at a loss......maybe tech will have an answer.  I have to wonder if maybe this maybe a reason why some people are having mem issues/rendering issues.  If peeps are shutting down & somehow Vue isn't totally closing this could have adverse consequences.

I know I will be checking the TM diligently from now on :rolleyes:

Shari123 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 7:54 PM

I was just curious, did you select the Vue 7 process and click end process in the task manager? I understand that it shouldn't be doing that, but I was curious as to whether it can be ended.

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2008 at 9:02 PM

I just closed Vue 7 I and opened Task manager and checked Processes. It isn't there. What OS are you using? I'm on my laptop with Vista Ultimate 32-bit. I don't have any RenderCows in my sys tray. Just a thought.

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2008 at 12:34 AM

I think what you face here is what I call a "hidden crash". Vue closes all windows first and then normally quits. When it crashes after all the windows are closed you have exactly that, a process still visible in the task manager. I btw have something similar with PowerPoint on Windows from time to time.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2008 at 3:35 AM

I have thata happen often.   Not just Vue 7 but 6 also.  I did notice that it used to appear more often after a crash or if I'd had to kill the process.

If you get an explaination from e-on it'd be appreciated if you'd let us know 😄

Gill

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2008 at 8:24 AM

I'll be sure & reply back when I hear something back from tech.  Hidden crash - interesting.  Now that would be a coincidence! The only thing odd that happened was I imported a Poser wreath tried to resize it - it then completely vanished from the screen(even though still showing in the obj panel)  I shut Vue down, then reopened to have import success.  I'm guessing this hidden crash happened when the wreath disappeared.   How bizarre :blink:

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2008 at 8:55 AM

Tech has turned it over to development. So no explanation as of yet.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2008 at 9:51 AM

Update - I just crashed Vue - filled out the auto ticket & Vue is still showing in the task manager.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.