Tue, Oct 22, 1:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Just for fun.....how do you Vue ??

sunfish ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2008 at 9:51 AM

file_418607.jpg

OK, here is an other vue place. I just took the picture – as you can see we have a bit of snow!

gillbrooks ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2008 at 11:01 AM

Very technical looking corner.  The leopardskin cushion does add a little softness 😉

Gill

sirenia ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2008 at 12:23 PM

Ah ! It is always a pleasure to see other Mac users :-)

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

sunfish ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2008 at 1:10 PM

file_418635.jpg

@gillbrooks: well, it's more technical because graphic design is my job. If it would be too comfortable I would drink more coffee than to do my work :blushing: At the opposite side of my "office" is my private place and there you can see more of these "wild things" like the leopardskin ...

@strenia: Greetings to your Mac from my Macs "Eddie", "Amanda" and "Deep Thought" 😉

gillbrooks ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2008 at 3:23 PM

My setup is in my dressing room.  I think even if I had a proper office I'd still have to bring in my flowery cushions and pretty bits.  Can't help it :lol:

Gill

sunfish ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2008 at 4:24 PM

Yes, I can imagine, after I've seen the photo of your setup (nice place). Roses, roses, roses. It's pretty!

steelrazer ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2008 at 5:57 PM

Attached Link: gallery of painting and other work

file_419084.jpg

Hi everyone. i usually don't visit the forums, but i decided that i should check it out and maybe get involved with some and this is the one that caught my eye. i'm always fascinated by how other artists work and their spaces...they range from chaotic to nearly pristine and every degree in between. i thought i'd throw my hat in the ring. i'm lucky enough to have a room for a studio, but how organized or chaotic it is depends on the current project/s that i've involved myself in....i took this a couple of minutes ago and didn't clean anything up, so here it stands (or sulks) in it's cluttered glory. (if you notice, i have two chairs close to one another with totally different projects going on....that's so i can quickly move to the one i'm not supposed to be working on in a flash, and work on that one). so, is thread properly named "A Room With A Vue"?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2008 at 2:56 AM

Ah but it looks like organised clutter 😉

Actually, it looks like you've got  a lot of inspirational stuff in there - a very good place to work

Gill

steelrazer ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2008 at 10:56 AM

"organized clutter"...that's what i was claiming, but it never seems to sound believable... and i'm writing down the phrase "inspirational stuff" for the next time someone suggests that i might get more done if i clean the studio up. but, it is a very good place to work!

gkmotu ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2008 at 11:52 PM

I realised looking through this thread, that ive spend too much time at my work.
My studio at home isn't that cozy at all. Tho I live of making images and music I dont have one single bit on my walls. Its very minimalistic.
However here is my 35mm film rig, used it a few times in junction with vue ( tracking footage yada yada ) Its one of the props I got close to me when working, including music gear ~

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2008 at 4:50 AM

Cosy doesn't work for everyone. 

I have a complete 'technoban' in our house.  Even the telly is in a cupboard and the doors are only open when it's being watched.    Hi fi is in another cupboard and as the door is glass fronted, I have lace hung up inside to hide what's in there !

Even in the kitchen - I have a flowery curtain hiding the washing m/c and dishwasher !!
:b_unbelievable:

Gill

gkmotu ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2008 at 1:19 PM

like this?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2008 at 2:04 PM

I like those computer cabinets but 2 drawbacks are not enough legroom to stretch out and I like to lean on my elbows when I'm working - can't really do that on those things.  

The main box is hidden in the cupboard part of my desk, my external drives are covered with dragons, postcards and other paraphenalia.  If I really want to get paranoid I can make a flowery cover to go over the monitor when it's not in use  :lol:

Gill

steelrazer ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2008 at 2:11 PM

LOL...kind of like having kids, but keeping them in the backroom...especially when guest come over?

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 12:03 PM

file_420332.JPG

A more representative picture of how I Vue... usually, it involves having a cat on my lap, my shoulder, around my feet or on my graphic tablet.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 5:56 PM

AWWWWW that's sweet.

Last Friday night we had very strong winds and I ended up cradling our 4month old pup in one arm while trying to Vue on my laptop with the other......

Your cat statue is great !

Gill

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 6:44 PM

I got the cat status in an antique store. It is made of metal and weighs a ton. I think it is supposed to be a candle holder of some sort.

The cats look at it and think he is a snob (he never answers them and looks condescending standing on his hind legs like that all the time).

It is nice to have a cat built-in to my desktop - especially to keep my hands warm in winter. The only problem is that the bulk makes drawing on my tablet more difficult :)

sirenia ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 6:49 AM

file_420409.jpg

LOL... my cat always wants my slippers :-)

So you have warm hands while i got warm feet :-D

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 7:17 AM

Maya likes my slippers too, but she not only sleeps on them, she likes to eat things there too so sometimes I get soggy feet
:b_upset:

Gill

melikia ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 7:26 AM

Gill... cayenne pepper on slippers, not only helps break puppy chewing, but keeps feet warm ;)

how's the lil scamp doin?  we want an updated piccie!!! =D

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 9:02 AM

Oh, she doesn't chew them....just takes her doggie treats on to them to eat - especially those rawhide chews that go really sticky and soggy after a while !!

I'll take a piccie on Christmas morning when she's 'opening' her presents 😄

Gill

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 2:14 PM

file_420723.jpg

This was Maya's favourite present (off my mom).  She's spent many hours since Christmas morning with this. Only MY dog could be so pleased with a string of plastic sausages with silly faces !! Sorry, chopped her head off with this shot - I zoomed too much !

Gill

melikia ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:43 PM

she's grown sooo much!  awww, what a beauty she is!

our rajiah-puppy loves to chew on smelly socks, so it could be worse than the silly plastic sausages ;) 

We took her to "sled dog training camp" late last winter (back to the Mackey's where she came from for a few weeks for him to evaluate her and see if he wants to potentially use her in his team - he does!)... she was sooo happy to see us when we came and picked her up a few weeks later... she crawled into the back seat of the car we had just picked up that day (old one died during all this LOL), layed her head between the front seats and proceeded to drool the entire way back home.  Behaved?  very well behaved... but my cup holder was FULL of DROOL.  EWWW.

(yes, i cleaned it out... ignoring hubby's statement of "just let it stay there, it'll evaporate eventually"  UGGG)

it's difficult to photograph pets...  once they know what you're doing, they either vanish, or get right in your face going "whatcha doin?  whats that?  can i lick it?  can i eat it?"

awww... give maya a big ol hug and rubbin from me =D

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 5:40 PM

Xmas day we took her to my brothers house as that's where all the family were.  My nephew and niece were there with their 2 dogs.  Both labs.  Maya has met Jessica a few times - she's only a couple of months older than ours.  She met Muttley for the first time.  He's now 12 months old and like a sumo wrestler!    He was being held by my nephew but straining to get at Maya.

Little miss butter wouldn't melt just kept eyeballing him - daring him to come over. 
:sneaky:

Gill

Rose ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 4:42 AM

Quote - ...or where?  Is it a chaotic corner or are you lucky enough to have your own space

Here's my place of creation that I share with some of my dragons.  The other side of the room doubles as my dressing room :lol:

I love that cute wooden desk - especially those small drawers!

I think that this is just the most "cutest" topic and I love seeing everyone else's computer spaces!

I know I have a picture of my own computer space already on my computer (was sending it to my brother so that we could compare our "clutter") but wouldn't you know I can't find it!  If I can't find it soon then I'll just have to take another picture and post it here!

Rose ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 6:55 AM

Quote - At some point, i vow to strive to pull myself away from outdoors... and when im not there, im vueing...

anyways, and take a pic.

think i need to clean.

oh and i envy you right now, Gill.  a room to yourself.  oooooooooo.  i am currently in a 7 and a half foot wide by 32 foot long mobile "home".  The only door leads to outside and the outhouse.  you'd hate my house.  neatniks always do. =D  things tend to be clean - but not tidy or neat.  its really hard to here

i gave up a lot to live my dream in alaska, but even though i miss it, i wouldnt trade it for anything...

and i agree, agiel - once you go dual....

wow.

i have managed to drag vue (and poser) onto my second screen, as well as componants of them (animation pallet in vue, various popout windows in both), AND make vue stretch across both (i quickly had to stop that - it made me nausiated) - now, the programs stick to screen 1 - and chat, email, etc on second screen.

how did i ever live without this?  wow.
~meli

Guess I should say that I'm living in a standard sized house - 3 bedrooms - one for the computer which is part computer room and part cat's room! -LOL!

My mother passed away in 2006 and left me the house and it is just so full of memories that I haven't changed a thing yet!

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 7:18 AM

Quote - > Quote - ...or where?  Is it a chaotic corner or are you lucky enough to have your own space

Here's my place of creation that I share with some of my dragons.  The other side of the room doubles as my dressing room :lol:

I love that cute wooden desk - especially those small drawers!

I think that this is just the most "cutest" topic and I love seeing everyone else's computer spaces!

I know I have a picture of my own computer space already on my computer (was sending it to my brother so that we could compare our "clutter") but wouldn't you know I can't find it!  If I can't find it soon then I'll just have to take another picture and post it here!

The desk isn't quite so tidy today as I've been updating one of my older store items so I've been ignoring the 'tidying up' part !

The little drawers on the top are part of the removable monitor stand - I changed the boring wooden knobs for the pretty floral china ones. 

I didn't intend the desk to stay that orangey 'antique pine' - I was going to paint it white and stencil flowers on it but I'm never off the computer long enough to do it!!

Love to see your photo if you find it 😄

Gill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.