Mon, Sep 30, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: How can I...

Moonfire ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 11:49 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 7:18 AM

file_420201.jpg

.....save 6 figures as a prop?

I'm working on a picture using the emitters and holo-lumi from the AS Bioflow outfit. I have them positioned in a line of three on her (Alice) upper right arm. They are all parented to her right shoulder and all the holo-lumis are parented to their respective emitters. The thing is..it took me ages to get them all set up and well quite frankly I'm lazy and was wondering if there's a way to save them so I can load it all at once.

Anyone got any suggestions?

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 11:53 AM

Easiest probably is to save it as a scene. (PZ3 file.)  You can then merge
the whole thing with other scenes, using the File: Import menu choice.

Be sure to "clean out" the scene before saving: eliminate everything you
don't want to be bringing in again.  Especially, delete all the lights before saving.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Moonfire ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 11:56 AM

So do I have to get rid of V4 and everything as well?

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 12:14 PM

You should be able to save the fogure with all clothes and props to the figure library. Then when you add it to the scene everything should load together .

Save the scene first in full, so if it doesnt work you can try again.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 10:51 AM

Markschum is right. You can save everything to one cr2 (character file) in figure pallet (library). Props (pp2) parented to a figure will automatically save with the figure when you save it to the Figure Pallet. When a figure has other figures (cr2) parented to it you will get an option to save all the figures as a "Whole Group".

With your main figure selected, from the Library pallet on the right hand side of the Poser Document Window, choose the Figures pallet, if desired select a sub pallet, click on the + sign at the bottom of the pallet, and if prompted chose "Whole Group".

Parented lights will also be saved with the figure, but note that only one instance of a light name can exist in the scene, eg you can only have one "Light 4" in a scene. If you load a cr2 that contains a light with the same name as one already in the scene then the original one will be replaced by the one you load.

107Cornfields ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 8:42 AM

Quote - Easiest probably is to save it as a scene. (PZ3 file.)  You can then merge
the whole thing with other scenes, using the File: Import menu choice.

Is it possible to load a .pz3 file and literally mege it with another?

When I load a .pz3 file it is loaded in as a whole new scene - I dont get an option to merge the current scene.

Am I missing something?

Dizzi ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 9:02 AM

Quote -
When I load a .pz3 file it is loaded in as a whole new scene - I dont get an option to merge the current scene.

Am I missing something?

Yes. File -> Import -> Poser Document/Prop

107Cornfields ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2008 at 4:06 AM

Lovely - thank you

That should speed up development a lot

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.