Thu, Sep 19, 5:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: M4 rendering blue

chrisdoa ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 3:18 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:28 PM

Hi,

Just installed Michael 4 to poser pro and whn I render him with a MAT it comes out with a blue cast. If I render without an additional MAT its ok. Other characters rendered along side him are also ok . 

Any ideas?

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 3:33 PM

Maybe you got the Andorian pack?...;)

Sounds like you're missing some textures. You might try an uninstall/reinstall of M4.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

chrisdoa ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 3:45 PM

I've done that and also happens with other DAZ M4 texures!

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 4:03 PM

can you post the material room screen for the material thats looking bluish ?

chrisdoa ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 4:58 PM

I looked into the material room and your on the right track. All the surface textures have a light blue diffuse colour, that if I alter solves the problem. Only thing is that I don't know how to change for all the texture with out doing each invididual part. Surely I an't be the only one with this or is there a setting wrong in my copy?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 5:19 PM

Wait! If they are V4 style shaders, there skin diffuse color is supposed to be blue, to compensate for the excessive amount of red that it built into the texture map.

However, these V4 style shaders include colors and other choices that implicitly take into account the absence of gamma correction on earlier versions of Poser.

But Poser PRO has gamma correction. So before you muck with everything, answer this: are you rendering with gamma correction? Are your prepared to address the differences inherent in knowning how to render with GC? (You get better results, but almost every light set and shader that is out there, including many of mine, are going to misbehave without tuning for GC rendering.)

If the answer is you don't want to deal with all that, then simply turn it off, and Poser Pro will behave like the Poser's of old. Shaders with built-in GC effects should be used this way.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

chrisdoa ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 5:38 PM

Well you got it completely right. Turned off the GC and all is well, but the price paid is the renders now seem over bright! I'll have to start tweeking when I feel braver. Now I can use M4 having paid for him!

Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.