Wed, Sep 18, 4:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Last Week in the Gallery 52 AND Year End Round Up !!!

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 5:17 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

Can you believe it?
2008 is quickly coming to an end.
We have completed 52 weeks of Last Week in the Gallery
Not one week was missed !!
Check out the archive HERE

Here it is, the final LWitG for 2008

Please take the time to view the full collage with links**
HERE**

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 6:14 PM · edited Sun, 28 December 2008 at 8:49 PM

A HUGE thank you to MrsLubner (PJ) for putting the following information together

Here are some interesting facts  about Last Week In The Gallery for 2008

due to a formatting issue the following data is for 1523 images instead of the total 1560 selections

on average 6 or 7 "new" artists are selected each week.. That is 6 or 7 artists who have never been selected for LWITG before.

**360 members were selected once for LWITG

123 members were selected twice for LWITG****

**** selections** **                                                                            members**

**1                                                                                            360                      **

**2                                                                                            123                       **

**3                                                                                            72                         **

**4                                                                                            41                         **

**5                                                                                            31                                     **

**6                                                                                            31                                     **

**7                                                                                             6               **

**8                                                                                             8                           **

**9                                                                                             4                           **

**10                                                                                           3               **

11                                                                                           0

12                                                                                           2

I have to admit, I am quite pleased at how diverse the selections were.

I think everyone who was part of the staff this year deserves  a round of applause for their dedication to this project..

I also feel they deserve a round of applause for making sure that we included as many members as possible !

So, who are the Kings and Queens of LWITG for 2008 ?

delaorden_ojeda

and

ejn

Both has 12 images selected over the year ! Congrats !!
The artists who had 10 images selected were as follows**

timtripp

igorsv

Goentu400

The artists who had 9 images selected were

Chaos911

clintnewsham

Jaykayyorks

lucindawind

The artists who had 8 images selected were

babuci

CavalierLady

cfulton

egliska

girsempa

kaward

phothomaniac

temesvar

The artists who had 7images selected

awjay

carlosnr1

ges

lotus52

mermaid

NightGallery

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 9:11 PM · edited Sun, 28 December 2008 at 9:13 PM

**I have to add my thanks to Kort, David, Piet, Shari , PJ, Danny and Rich..

You folks totally made this all happen..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 10:36 PM

I was entranced with the outstanding photography that brought us to the last week of 2008. What a bang up way to celebrate the year - with an amazing creshendo of talent and skill. I'm proud to know so many stellar artists!

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

nickcharles ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 10:42 PM

Sweet!!!! Awesome stats, too!

Congrats to all who have had a hand in keeping this going, and to all the highly talented photographers that make Renderosity's Photography Forum and Gallery shine!

You all rock!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

Flannelman ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 11:28 PM

Wow! What a way to end the year. ;-) Hats off to the RR staff and all the artists chosen.

fm ;-)

cfulton ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 11:37 PM

Happy New Year and thank you all for the global community spirit which exists at this site. It is an honor to be a part of it all and gives me much inspiration, at all levels.

Regards,

Clive

beachzz ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 12:38 AM

What a wonderful variety--I'm honored and humbled to be included~~thanks so much!!
marilyn

mermaid ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 2:12 AM

wow what a wonderful way to end the year with so many amazing shots from all over the world. I feel honored to be included in the ones chosen for several LTWG...smile.. May you have a great New Year and may we see many fine new shot coming.
A special THANKS to the stuff, doing all the wonderful work for us throughout the year.
Ulla

klauskk ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 3:05 AM

I am, really, honored and happily surprised to see my picture among all the other masterpieces in the last week of the gallery...such a pleasure...!!!
My best compliments to all the staff of RR and all my congrats to all the other artists !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody !!!

Kindest regards

Mauro

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 3:38 AM

Congrat to those been selected in the final LWITG for this year. Nice work from the mods all year around and what a fascinating data whith all the "ranking"

I am sure we will see a just as wonderful and dedicated work from our moderators in a new year too. Great to experience such a wonderful teamwork week after week. Keep a photo spirit high! Good job guys and girls!!

seeya  Tunde

ejn ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 6:19 AM

I would like to say thanks to those who take the time to organise and run the photography forums and the LWITG.It just wouldn't happen without you.

Many many thanks to all those who viewed my work and took the time to leave comments and ratings.Getting into the LWITG is an honour with so many great images submitted by all those around the world.

To come out  in the top two was a surprise for me but it does inspire me to get out and about to capture more and share the images I take.

Once again thanks to all who commented and a really big thanks to the Renderosity staff.

Hope every one here has a great 2009

Eddie

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 6:39 AM

Week 52 already!

Time flies when we are having so much fun! <br></br>
Here's to the next 52! <br></br>
Happy New Year
Everybody!</span></big></span>

ecurb - The Devil

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 6:45 AM · edited Mon, 29 December 2008 at 6:50 AM

Thanks Bruce for great work done is this regard and PJ for the stats! I know it took many hours and days to collect all the stats from scratch.

Congratulations to the photographers selected plus the ones mentioned above, you have done a swell job and it was a pleasure to see you make Renderosity the top site exhibiting work of great quality.

Happy new year to all members! May 2009 bring excitement and new challenges!

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

tizjezzme ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 7:00 AM

What a great presentation here; all the stats, too ... !!
Congratulations to everyone selected this week ..... and a huge thank you to all the photographers here at Renderosity, for sharing your work with us throughout the year. 
May 2009 bring you love, joy & inspiration to you all .....

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

awjay ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 9:38 AM

thanx guys for all you do here ....just happy to be a part of it... :)

bentchick ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 10:52 AM

Congratulations to all!!!! Not just those in this Last gallery of the year, but to all members for being part of this great community! The artistic standards here in Photography has risen to amazing heights! I for one am proud to be a part of this community and want to give special thanks to all the staff here at RR. Wonderful job!!! Whoo Hoo!!! And a Happy New Year to all!!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

lucindawind ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 10:58 AM

CONGRATS to all ARTISTS and PHOTOGRAPHERS ... and to the staff for their wonderful work .. I also feel very honoured to be in this list .. Im amazed actually  :O ..thank you all so much ..and I cant wait to see all the new works in 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR  to all   from Canada

NightGallery ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 12:00 PM

This has to be one of the best features here in the Photog forum. I know it helps me catch up on some shots I may miss each week.

Also thanks to those who selected mine that made it in. Appreciate it.
Happy new year all....
B

GhostBear1890 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 12:25 PM

WOW.....it made my year go out with a bang!  Didn't see that coming....thank you for including my photo in Week 52.  Congrats to all who made the gallery this year!  Happy 2009!

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 2:18 PM

Well, the last week of 2008 was at the level of the others !
Congratulations to all the artists nominated this week and before !
And thanks to the staff for their work and statistics !

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

Ger50 ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 4:29 PM

Thank you to ad one of my images in the LWITG, and congrats to all others
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU

Ger50

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2008 at 11:21 PM

Congratulations to everyone chosen for Week 52, and a huge thank you to Bruce and the team for keeping this wonderful feature going.  You guys rock!  I look forward to seeing this every week. 

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

nickcharles ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2008 at 1:17 AM

Now posted on Renderosity's Front Page News:

[The Renderosity Photography Forum Celebrates it's 52nd "Last Week in the Gallery" Post!](http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=14374 "The Renderosity Photography Forum Celebrates it's 52nd "Last Week in the Gallery" Post!")
Closing out the year of 2008, Renderosity's very own Photography Forum highlighted their 52nd weekly selection of Photography Gallery posts. This weekly selection has been named the "Last Week in the Gallery", or LWitG. Originally started back in December of 2003, it has become a fantastic weekly representation of the many fine photographers in the Photography Forum. Drop in and join the celebration!

:)

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2008 at 8:26 AM
CaressingTheDark ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2008 at 10:27 AM · edited Tue, 30 December 2008 at 10:30 AM

My wife and I would like to express our deepest thanks on the selection of my photo "In Memorium This Holiday Season" that was dedicated to my wife on the loss of her mom over the holidays. This means so much to us during this trying time. I would also like to say congratulations to all the other artists that were selected. Blessed Be to all and have a joyous New Year. )O(

dorothylee ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2008 at 2:25 PM

What a pleasant surprise when I checked my email and saw one of my pics was chosen. Thanks for including my image. LWITG is always a great way to catch up on missed photos of note, so thanks to the staff for taking the time to put them together every week. Happy New Year!

bmac62 ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2008 at 4:21 PM

What a great concluding week for 2008. Congratulations for all the talented artists so rightly chosen. And thanks for all the staff...each and every one named above. This provides a huge boost for thinking about what to do for 2009!!!

As said above, I'm just real happy to be a part of all this amazing activity. We should change all the members of the United Nations into photographers...they'd see things more clearly and maybe even work in concert.

Bill

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

Jaykayyorks ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2008 at 4:56 PM

Another week of great images! wow i made it 9 times this year!! Thanks to all the mods that make it happen, it's such a buzz to get your image chosen.......Happy 2009 everyone :o)

tofi ( ) posted Wed, 31 December 2008 at 9:24 AM

A very special THANK YOU with much respect and gratitude to Bruce and Mrs. Lubner for the exceptional work and dedication to the members of the Photography Gallery. Many thanks for selecting my image for this very special week. Congratulations to everybody selected, as well as the rest of the artists in the Gallery. I'm wishing everyone a joyous and healthy New Year, filled with an abundance of creativity and wonderful leaps of the imagination!  Cheers!

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

CavalierLady ( ) posted Wed, 31 December 2008 at 10:20 AM

Congratulations to all the artists chosen, not only this week, but all year long.  The LWITG has always been one of the most interesting posts in the forum.  The images are always an inspiration and show the diversity and creative talent of the artists who post in the photography gallery.

I felt extremely humbled and honored to have been chosen a few times, and many  thanks to  the  Renderosity staff for that.  A huge thanks, also, for all the work behind the scenes that goes into choosing and creating the LWITG collage and to PJ for the stats provided, which must have taken quite some time to research.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and looking forward to new creative images to inspire us all in the coming year!

Maria

ralph49 ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 4:02 AM

Wow, what a fantastic selection of images to finish off the year. Congratulations to everybody, your images are just awsome. Thanx to all Rendo staff for their dedication to this project & forum.
Now, to look forward to all the fun of the New Year.

delaorden_ojeda ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 6:55 AM

Congrats my friends, a great selection and superb works, Happy New Year !

tony

Meisiekind ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 12:28 PM

Fantastic selection once again! Congrats to all the "chosen ones"!!!!! Thanks to the RR staf  for all your hard work on this!
Hugs, Carin xx

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

Dianthus ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 5:27 PM · edited Thu, 01 January 2009 at 5:27 PM

Happy New Year Everyone
May 2009 bring peace and happiness to everyone.
Also may we all receive heaps of camera gear.
Great work RR photography team and members
Chris

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 9:38 PM

Congrats to all the artists that were selected throuoghout the past year, I myself had some selections of which I was truly thankful, it's this type of recognition, and the dedication of the mods and co-ords, that helps us develop and improve our skills, we are the best digital photography family on the net..Thanks guys!!!!

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

marybelgium ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 4:40 AM

Congratulations to all ! Not just those in this Last gallery of the year, but to all members artists and photographers for being part of this great community ! Happy New Year to all !

Charberry ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 10:03 PM

They are all outstanding!  I don't know how you do it, but there is an abundance of talent here on Renderosity, and that's the truth! ;o)  Wonderful choices!

Art By Charlene
http://www.artbycharlene.net/

blinkings ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 7:54 PM · edited Sun, 04 January 2009 at 7:58 PM

file_421122.jpg

Congrats to a **very** deserving group of artsts. No one selected me......ever....... but I wont complain........*as I cry in my plate of rice* and *slobber on my keyboard* and *whimper in the ear of my ever understanding dog.*.....hehe!

;)
All the very best for the coming year my dear friends!
Andrew

carlosnr1 ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 6:09 AM

Wow thanx for your hard work! Last week in the gallery is a great feature and hope it will be continued for  a very long time!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.