Mon, Sep 30, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Exporting with texture map

bwtr ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 9:47 PM

Shawn

Perspective/horizon line/one or two or three vanishing points  or none of the above?

That "contest" "win" of XSI had nothing to do with "artisticality"!

Like many others, we recieved that copy of XSI because we completed a series of set tasks.

Thinking lateraly is very important in arts and crafts
Ahhh well--I tried

Have fun.

Brian

bwtr

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2009 at 9:51 PM

You can only fool some of the people all of the time.  Frankly, I don't go for your BS.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 12:39 AM

Can you not see how ,miserably, I have failed you! (I could restructure that sentence?)

Is not Art/Photography all about that "--"  ??

Brian

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:10 AM · edited Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:20 AM

[http://www.worldofescher.com/gallery/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.C._Escher#Works](http://www.worldofescher.com/gallery/)

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 4:25 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/product-description/0130599166/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

I have the very first edition of this book--I see it is now in edition 7.

If I was to reccomend a basic reference book on art principles I am sure this would be at the top of my list..

A joy to read, learn and understand about "art" regardless of the medium!

Brian

bwtr

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 5:49 AM

Now all you have to learn is: how to texture models, give characters believable poses, add proper lighting to them, create a scene in context that tells a story of more than 10 words and gets the viewer involved.

See http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=235&t=614482

It wasn't really $5,000.

Thelby ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 6:45 AM

That was some very interesting reading in the thread. I know now why my image "I Will Remember You" did not make it to the 3D Forum Gallery. Thanks for that info, I will be more cautious in the future!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 6:54 AM · edited Mon, 05 January 2009 at 6:57 AM

LOL.  No one believed that IBM computer was still being used by anyone.  Update that object and the image is more real.  Its texture didn't look right compared to the rest of the scene.

Thelby ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 7:03 AM

Hmm, OK, I got ya on that about the IBM logo and for the record one of my Intel Core2Duos is IBM. I recently, (last October), put a heatsink on it and it screams now and pushes the 5GHz range on core 1. It's a tuff machine.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 7:06 AM

The desktop case and monitor clash with that flat panel 1080p TV.  :)  Your IBM does not look like that.  It screams PCAT or PS/2.

Thelby ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 7:29 AM

I agree. That IBM in the image is about an 500MHz tops, LOL, but just to have started modeling and it was Free, I used it and to the common image creaters it was OK, but I understand now why it is not. As a quick fix for that I have snapped a couple of photos of my current IBM and I can texture a cube in Carrara easy enough, so from the distance is should be acceptable. I really appreciate the info. I get so tired of the "WELL DONE IMAGE" comment in hopes that I will comment in return, because I scratch your back-you scratch back Crap. I want some Constructive Critiques Dang-it!!!!!!!

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 3:22 PM

Just to finish off--

Which one(s) of the images I have put on this thread not involved with camera/film/darkroom?

Brian

(No free full copy of XSI to use!)

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 4:17 PM

Shawn was right!
Todays value of the XSI Advanced which I have is AU$7000!

Brian

bwtr

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 11:32 PM

Academic is not that much.

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 11:46 PM

Shawn.
I was given Advanced---sorry if that dissapoints! (With no restrictions that effect my way of life!)

Folks, Shawn and I go back a long way.

Sorry if the thread has been side tracked but I hope some learning has been derived.

I, at least, am wetting my pants with laughter at nearly every post.

Anyone would  think all this stuff was serious!

Brian

bwtr

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 1:23 AM · edited Tue, 06 January 2009 at 1:28 AM

Bwtr -- they gave you the academic priced one.  You were a squeeky wheel over there and they gave it to you as hush money.  XSI was bought out anyway just after the Uplift Challenge.  Your JPG did not come in 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th or....  honorary, or...  Good job though on weaseling a free 3D app out of the deal.

And stop telling everybody how old you are.  Just use the XSI without anymore excuses why you can't.  You act like you are the only person your age using a computer.  Get over it.  :)

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 1:40 AM

Shaun

Do you not, yet, realise how you prove my points?

Brian

Give the thread a rest.

bwtr

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 1:46 AM

The FSM model you took from someone else was pure genius.  Your trying to get away with using it for your own copy&paste scene and pushing it as your own original modeling was top notch.

What art school did you say you went to?

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 3:36 AM

Attention Mark Bremmer

I guess I am at fault at leading Shawn on.

However ,he has now, in at least three instances, got into the area of libel.

I hope XS!, CG Talk and Balistics Publishing have not noted.

Brian

Sorry for the trouble

bwtr

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 3:45 AM

Google has you stating serveral times to everyone on various forums that you won a copy of XSI.  So I assumed you did somehow.  You even posted your winning image everywhere.  So where on CGsociety's challenges does it say your name and what place you came in?

Like you say.  We go a long way back.  So I'll drop it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.