Sun, Sep 22, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Posing

goldengob ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:06 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:42 AM

Hi
Still pretty new at this.
I'm looking for how to's on how to make and save a pose in Daz.  I'm trying to save my favorite V4 poses so that I don't have to keep repeating the work.  Is there any tutorials on this particular subject.

Much appreciated!

Thx

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:45 PM

File>Save as>pose preset, or click the + at the bottom of the Content plaette (that will be disabled if you are viewing a Poser content folder, and you won't be able to see the saved preset while viewing Poser content folders0. Load the pose by double-clicking the saved preset in the Content palette or by using File>Merge..., with the figure loaded and selected. You can also use the free Poser format exporter to save a Poser-format pose file.

goldengob ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 2:27 PM · edited Mon, 05 January 2009 at 2:38 PM

Ok, I saved the pose as pose preset in the pose folder, but now I can't seem to find it.  Should I not see an icon for this pose in my content/pose folder?
Is it not possible to save it as a .pz2 file like the poses that I have purchased?

Shiollie ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 4:46 PM

A .pz2 is an Poser file, Studio can read and use these files but anything saved will be saved in Studio format (.dsb)

goldengob ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 8:26 PM · edited Mon, 05 January 2009 at 8:27 PM

Thanks for the info guys!

I think I have almost got it.  The problem that I am having now is:  When I save a pose from a character.  I try to use the pose on another Character, but the new character gets the body morph of the original character that was set with the pose.  Is there any way of avoiding this?
I want to use just the pose, not the morph!

Thanks!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 8:22 AM

When saving the pose preset, check the Record custom button (instead of Record all) in the Data area, then click the triangle button to the right of that and click Select all transforms.

goldengob ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 12:04 PM

Yep!  That seems to do what I need.  Thanks so much for your help.
Who knows, within another 10 years, I may have mastered this program lol.

Thanks again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.