Tue, Oct 22, 12:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Curious

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2001 at 6:59 PM

:)

konan ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2001 at 11:59 PM

Baby Konan is 26 :)

kupa ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 6:16 PM

This thread is a great read. We've done some marketing surveys but don't have a hint as to your ages. Not that this thread will be filtered into some market survey... but it is interesting stuff. I certainly would have guessed you all were younger For reference, I'm oldest member of Curious Labs and Egisys. And I get that honor for being the ripe old age of 43. Steve Cooper Curious Labs

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 6:30 PM

Well, heloo-ooo Steve! Man, you're pretty far up there too, eh? Ah, I can't imagine what Poser would be if a bunch of little kids were running it. I mean, I bet we wouldn't need all those breast morphs we make, ya know? ;) Well, not like I'm against bodacious ta-ta's, or anything... Ahh, better yet, I'll just shaddup now. ;)

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 7:33 PM

Old enough to remember: -- Gene Pitney (kissed me on the cheek when I was 5) -- When Jack Paar hosted the Tonight Show (which I watched while waiting to have a tonsillectomy that was cancelled at the last minute) -- The first time Barbara Striesand and the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan -- The "Who was Best - Beatles, Stones, or Dave Clark 5" wars -- Saying goodbye to the Kennedys (John, Robert, AND John Jr) -- When it was cool to smoke (and they were 20 cents a pack) -- Love beads, Woodstock, flower power and the whole 60's thing -- DISCO FEVER! -- Michael Jackson through all his incarnations That puts me at 49. 8-) Denise

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 8:16 AM

Heck, I'm just starting to close in on 34 myself...

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 12:31 PM

One of my very first memories was one day that my Dad and I were watching the TV news, and I asked him what was going on with Viet Nam. I was maybe 4 or so at the time, and I remember it so well, because his answer gave me nightmares for years. Try explaining the concept of war to a four-year old. On the up-side, anyone remember Captain Kangaroo? And, oh yeah...Mr. Whipple, LOL! I have to say I never did have any urge to squeeze the Charmin, and wouldn't have done so, had I been told NOT to... ;)

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 8:33 PM

{On the up-side, anyone remember Captain Kangaroo?} Grew up with him, despite the fact that he was neither a Naval Officer nor a marsupial... He (Bob Keeshan or was it Keenan?) was the guest lecturer for the class that graduated my college the year before mine, and died two or three years later. Him and the Friendly Giant (I kept getting him confused with the Jolly Green Giant) and New Zoo Review (which is still out there!). And the Electric Company (never did like Sesame Street though, and I missed it's debut by a handful of years).

Prince Ike ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 8:47 PM

:-) !!!!!

trevor3000 ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 8:50 PM

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 9:15 PM

Bob Keshan died? I didn't know. I remember hearing he wasn't too crazy about the new guy they hired to play Capt. Kangaroo after he retired. Anyone remember Where the Action Is, Dark Shadows, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, Ozzie and Harriet, Bosco (the chocolate drink), Soupy Sales, the original Mickey Mouse Club with Jimmy Dodd. Jay and the Americans, Herman's Hermits, Pat Boone's April Love, the Donna Reed Show, Father Knows Best. Skate keys, Lincoln Logs, the original Mr. Potato Head when you had to use a real potato. Melanie

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 9:16 PM

yes, I agree: :)

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 1:28 AM

aye and listening to The Shadow, THe Green Hornet, and Fibber McGee and Molly on the radio and... ermmm.. cough so many wonderous things happened in the last 100 years... from mass production of autos, to airplanes that go across the ocean in the time it used to take to fly across a state. rockets that went from barely clearing the clouds to traveling outside the solar system. pictures then pictures with sound, then pictures with sound in your house, the colour pictures and sound.. then colour pictures and sound in your house to now? you place a record like thing into a machine and watch near any movie ye wish.. and the more things change? the more they remain the same. Keep a smile on your face.... it makes other people nervous 8 ) Cheers

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 1:35 AM

Records? What are those???

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 7:36 AM

I think they call 'em CD's and DVD's now. I have records. Of course, my turntable died a long time ago....... ;)

adminags ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 7:52 AM

Wow! Average is 33.3? I am 32.5 so not bad. I've been using Poser for maybe three months now, its been exhausting, but my friends all think I am a weirdo making pictures by laboriously moving arms and legs and trying to make clothing fit. My sister thinks I am a pervert for the interest in clothing - male and female, like I was stripping barbie dolls or something! jeez! Someone (DathWookie?) said about their friends and pics and stuff - my friends just arent interested so what I did which was cool was I went into an IRC channel that seemed to have interested ppl in and asked for requests - I did two pics over the next three hours, to their specifications, and they were extremely impressed! It felt good! But they weren't Poser users. Which brings me to my last. I'm trying to really learn Poser and how to make best use of it using Bryce and 3dsMax, but I have no idea about the other apps, or how to make clothes, and I don't know how people in 'the community' make friends and gather people to critique each others work. I am working on a comic/graphic novel in the superhero genre, and I want to give it an erotic angle because there seems to be very little in this area - and I dont mean really rude and obscene but more hinting. This sort of subtlety is very difficult to get right, also the comic humour element I'm trying for. I have maybe two people who give me feedback now and then, only one of whom uses Poser, and I'm curious (topic title!) about how to put the feelers out for other similar people. corum_anime@yahoo.co.uk

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:10 AM

adminaqs: I'm not sure how other people in the community make friends and gather people to critique each others work... but I can tell you how I did it... I started out as a member of the various online gaming communities this time arounds, one who also had an avid interest in CG. About two years ago I was hunting for downloads for bryce and I ran across a site owned by FastTraxx [KenS] that had tons of bryce stuff. I downloaded everything he had, signed his guestbook, and sent him an email thanking him for making that stuff available. He sent me an email back, and we each went our own ways. I met Stormrage the same way via her Coldfyre site, about a year before I discovered Renderosity... I think I'd been here 4 months before she realised that "Ironbear" was the "Sherman Barnes" she'd exchanged a few emails with - if she even remembered the emails. I remembered them and they made an impression on me that someone with the talent of FastTraxx and Stormrage would take the time to write someone they'd never met. When I joined here... I made comments on other people's images, met people in chat, exchanged IM's with the people like Hawkfyre and others I'd met in the forums... and gradually we began showing each others works in progress and exchanging ideas and Icq #'s. I also posted to the various forums, and when someone made a comment on a gallery image of mine, I sent them an IM thanking them for the comment. I met both DarrenChapman and Pinhead that way... and tons of other people: my address book and Icq list looks like the SWBell white pages nowadays. I met three of my best friends, Wizzard, Jackie and Wynter in the forums. There's no secret to it: be yourself, be friendly, and always try to put back more than we take and we just tend to attract good people to us. Sometimes I make good friends by arguing with them, like PJF, februus, and Godzilla, but I don't reccommend it as a way to meet people grin I'm working on a graphic novel myself [amonst other things], so I'm happy to see your post on that. The net needs more quality adult comics. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:13 AM

Heh heh. That's assuming PJF and I are friends - he'll probably call me a wanker for that assumption. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:14 AM

yeah, what 'bear said. :)

Prince Ike ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:16 AM

adminags Well guess what, you're in the right part of town. This block is crawling with poser, bryce and 3D Max pro and amatures alike. Sooner or later you'll bump into someone that might be interested. You've already started the wheel rolling. Cheers!!!

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:17 AM

What, that PJF will probably call me a wanker? innocent look

• Monkeysmell

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:25 AM

I'm gonna send a PM to PJF, to let him know, just so he DOES call you a wanker. ;) Mike the instigator ;)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:26 AM

'course, he'll probably just call ME a wanker, what with the way things like this always blow up in my face. :)

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:34 AM

Yeah Mike... he and I get together and conspire against you. Didn't you know?

• Monkeysmell

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 8:44 AM

hmmm..... that would explain much... Actually, I like PJF, and, believe it or not, even AAlhazred. Oh, man, I'm gonna get blasted for mentioning them both in the same breath! So, uhh, how's the weather in Texas this morning? ;)

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 9:22 AM

Wet, cool and drizzly. ;]

• Monkeysmell

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 9:34 AM

Sunny and HOT hyere. :) I don't know if I like that or not. "Sunny" is cool, but HOT sucks. Especially in Florida where the humidity is always 110%... Oh well....

PJF ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 10:52 AM

This old curmudgeon is 39. Which is about half way between a couple of right wankers I could mention... ;-)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 11:02 AM

heh-heh... :)

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 11:20 AM

snicker We loves ya too baby. ;]

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 6:31 PM

file_183494.jpg

Heh heh. The mo thangs change... the mo thangs jest stays the same. ;]

• Monkeysmell

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 11:24 PM

hrmmmmm... I still have my BSR and LAB Q50 turntables with diamond styli and the tracking at .015 oz... 8 ) I've been slowly translating them onto Tape.. then the reel to reel went down... and the cassette just isn't cutting it 8 now with the CD thing 8 digital clipping... [wanders off contemplating a tirade]

jade_nyc ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2001 at 5:40 PM

What a fun thread! I'm 37 but after having four kids I feel like 57 ;p Jade

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2001 at 6:08 PM

Yeah... after your having four kids I feel like I'm 57 too. ;]

• Monkeysmell

JKeller ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 11:44 AM

Like most people my age, I'm 26.

STORM3 ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 6:15 PM

Been away for over a month and just going through all the threads to see what I have missed. Could not resist adding to this one. Well that was fine until I went to post and found I could not remember my age! That's what married life, 3 kids and holidays do to you. Avoid all three with determination. :o) Now I know my birth year was 1959....and if I use all of my 10 fingers that makes me..... STORM

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 6:21 PM

That'd put you at 42, Storm... I was born in January 1960. ;]

• Monkeysmell

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:29 PM

{Now I know my birth year was 1959....and if I use all of my 10 fingers that makes me.....} Two years younger than my wife. Who's clearly 29, regardless of what the calendar says... ;-)

JetM ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 8:11 PM

Wow. I was afraid to read this thread for awhile because it was so long. But I'm glad I did. 31 here, as of the 6th day of the 6th month, but I'm only 4 in Poser years :) I guess that puts me kinda in the middle... JetM

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 8:42 PM

Nah. This thread ain't long. Right CB? ;]

• Monkeysmell

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 9:05 PM

Heh, nope... Hasn't even hit 200 yet!

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 4:54 PM

And even then it won't have verbiage... ;]

• Monkeysmell

spratman ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 3:56 PM

Wow cool.... I feel soo much better, just turned 37 and thought I was gonna be dueling w/ 12yr old newbies. Happy happy joy joy

Lunaseas ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 7:17 PM

32 years here, though I feel lots older taking care of Dogface and his clan of boys!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.