Sun, Sep 22, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: poser eye maps generation 4

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 9:30 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

Ive just bought DAZ Eye Maps Generation 4 from DAZ and in the read me it says "*In Poser 5 and up: The MAT pose files for the Masks are partial files and will disconnect the bump map node. It simply needs to be re-plugged in. This problem is inherent to Poser and does not happen in DAZ|Studio." well itt might simply need to be re-pluged in but have know idear what they mean or how to do it.can any one explain to me?

perlk ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 10:17 AM · edited Thu, 08 January 2009 at 10:18 AM

I don't have the product, but to me it sounds like they're saying you just have to re-add the bump map nodes to the eyes in the materials tab.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 10:47 AM

After applying the MAT pose, open the Material Room and select the Advanced view. Select the Figure's left or right eye and the relevant eye material from the dropdowns (I'm not sure which eye surface they are talking about here... you'll need to look at each of them). There will be a Poser Surface node on the left, and (if what they say is correct) an image map node (it might be labelled Bump Map) to the right of it which is not connected to anything. I would expect this disconnected one to appear below a diffuse colour image map which is connected to the Poser Surface.

Drag the top left corner of the disconnected Bump Map node onto the Poser Surface socket labelled Bump, and they should then be wired together again.

If need be, I can post a screenshot of this when I get home.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 12:51 PM

Ive had a look ive not realy used the materials room much not sur whats supposed to be where a screen shot may be useful

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 3:05 PM

dave, did the vendor explain why an eye would need a bump map?
i ask because any irregularities in an human eye surface are reason to see a doctor IMVHO.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 3:22 PM

this is what you get in the read me

• How to use the Reflection Masks:

• First load the reflection method/map you would like to use.

• Please note that a basic mask will already be loaded.

• Next, choose an eyelid/lash mask that best suits the location just under the eyelid where you would like to block the reflection.

• Load the mask.

• If your eyes are posed side-side, reveal the "twist" dial on the eyes and rotate them into the best place.

• Note that in DAZ|Studio this is accomplished by checking the "show hidden properties" box.

• It helps to make the Eye Surface temporarily opaque at this point (in DAZ|Studio, make opaque and add the mask to the color channel), and then change back to original settings when posing is complete.

• In Poser 5 and up: The MAT pose files for the Masks are partial files and will disconnect the bump map node. It simply needs to be re-plugged in. This problem is inherent to Poser and does not happen in DAZ|Studio.

• A lot of original photography was taken for this set, please do not violate artist copyright by reproducing the imagery in any way.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 5:48 PM · edited Thu, 08 January 2009 at 5:54 PM

file_421402.jpg

Hmm, it's still not clear to me which eye material they are referring to, and (as Miss Nancy said) why it would have a bump map at all. Maybe someone else who has the product can help with that, if necessary.

But anyway... here's a screenshot of how to plug back in a disconnected bump map, using A3's SkinTorso as an example. In this shot, the Bump Map is shown already plugged in.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 6:48 PM

thanks for that will have a look and try it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.