Mon, Sep 30, 11:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Realistic Tanning Bed

Hydra ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 6:34 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 11:36 AM

My poser Characters need to get tan!

Hydra

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 5:22 PM · edited Wed, 14 January 2009 at 5:26 PM

Something like this ?  I am still working on this to add a control panel

s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/markschum/
[sorry I could not get an image tag to work]

The base and upper and lower shell are uv mapped but its intended for Poser 5 and up materials
There are material zones for base, upper shell, lower shell, glass and lamps, and the hinge is 3 materials

It may be a commercial product so I wont post it but will send a copy .

Hydra ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 5:34 PM

Thats perfect!  When will it be available? 

Hydra

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 7:20 PM

if you can pm me (site mail) an email address I will send it to you.  You could provide some feedback to me if you want. 

Harrgunn ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 7:46 PM

A bit late on the response here.  Just started putting this together this eve.    I'll play it along just for something to do.   As I've not been in one of these, any comments are most welcomed. 

It'll still need some work, but just getting the parts together.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 7:59 PM

very nice start , mine may need some adjustments for height , I worked from a picture on the web .

Harrgunn ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 8:13 PM

Same here,  looked at some photos and then dug in.  Much better hinge on yours.  Mine just now is more of a knife blade with the top open. 

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 10:41 PM

I like mechanicals and usually have stuff that would support a battleship :)

I actually forgot a part at the back between the two shells that supplies a cooling airflow.

And you remembered the handles to open and close it .

These are kind of fun projects to try out , a sort of speed modelling challange.

Harrgunn ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 5:06 AM

Your right about the vents.  Looking closer at the pics I see them.   Hey, what about cup holders?    Maybe some controls too.  I'll have to go back a few steps now.  Can't seem to import this to poser. 

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 10:25 AM

Very nice. 

The picture I have also shows a hydralic strut at one end that takes the weight of the top shell. They are a pain to set in Poser so I was going to leave it out.

This is what I am using as a reference http://www.alphasun-usa.com/images/asusa-shadow.jpg
from this page http://www.alphasun-usa.com/hometanningbeds.html.

I figure some artistic license can be used . 

Just out of curiosity what do you model in ?

Harrgunn ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 11:25 AM

The hydro-struts were in my reference also, for the same reasons have avoided that part.  The cooling vents on your reference are much more pronounced.  Ones I viewed had smaller vents on the interior surfaces of the bed. 

"Just out of curiosity what do you model in ? "
To answer you question,  Mostly I model in my spare time.

Huh, oh...  I do almost all my work with Blender.  On occasion I'll fall back on 3ds max.  After I've the model built I'll export out as .obj then work up the textures, figures, morphs...  in Poser.  Most recently I got Carrara which is what I've used on the last set of renders here. 

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 12:40 PM

Very nice work.

I have revised the model to scale it to poser and add a handle and control box .  Sent to original poster.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.