Thu, Sep 19, 8:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Lightwave into Poser Pro

Worldwild ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 3:25 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 4:17 AM

Hi, does anyone had experiences to import stuff from lightwave into poser pro latest version?
Whenever I search for answers I get teached how to import poser stuff into lightwave!
Should be the more important way till everyone do have Service Release 1.2 with poserfusion for lightwave or plk from kurv studio or greenbriar for lw 9.5.
the only problem is, that these heroed plugins do not work as the creators wished them to be able to.
So, if anyone out here and there could give me a tut how to export a spline and a object that follows that spline out from lightwave 9.5 into poser pro latest version would make me really happy for the unknown rest of my life.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 4:10 PM

you can't export spline objects from lightwave into poser.. you'll need to freeze them into polygons, and then export a wavefront object from lightwave, and then import that wavefront object into poser.

Same with unfrozen subcages

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Worldwild ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 5:23 PM · edited Wed, 14 January 2009 at 5:24 PM

thanx warcow for reaction. to export as wavefront was not the problem 4me, but is there any method in poser to make an object follow a path and i do not mean to make a figure walk along a walk path with poser integrated walk designer.
for example i have a railway with curves and parts going up and down and a locomotive should follow that railway automatically.
to place the locomotive step by step correctly on the railway up to 3000 frames and more would be a work for about 200 hours i guess.
by the way, if the 4 spline methods in poser work as they should.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 5:41 PM

Nope, no easy way to do that at all.. search for train here.. someone was trying to do that last year about this time.. I think his post continued for months as he tried to accomplish it.

If you own lightwave, you REALLY shoulod be doing your animation rendering in there instead of in poser.Lightwave is a professional animation tool, and poser is a consumer tool... big difference.

Worldwild ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 6:20 PM

thanx again warcow. sorry, but my project depends to be working in poser.
ur absolutely right whit your comment ´bout the differences.
the last 3 weeks i worked on finding a way to fix my problem.
i tryed any thoughtable ways to convert the files in programs like 3dmax maya softimage houdini motionbuilder a.s.on, with no results.
the only way i figured out in poser is to let simon (looks like a monkey in every pose an cam by the way) walk along a walk path which i edited to the railway. then i childed the locomotive to simons hip, deleted the frames for hip in animation tool and unhided simon body in properties tool.
now the locomotive actually follows the railway (tricked out poser, yeah).
but the shame is, cannot write an animated pose file for the locomotive, because logically the hip of simon has track nodes, not the locomotive.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 8:50 PM

Very clever!

manoloz ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 11:35 PM

if you rig the locomotive, with a single bone named hip, you should be able to load the pose from Simon. Or even better, save the Simon animated pose, but only for the hip region. There is a script that comes with Poser7 (and 6 I think) which lets you do that. Then just apply that saved pose to the locomotive, without Simon.
Should work, with not too much tweaking

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 12:49 AM

You may be able to animate in Lightwave and export the motion keyframe values . Then use a python script to apply those in Poser. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.