Sun, Oct 6, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractal Window Weekly #200 celebration!

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 1:21 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:50 AM

Attached Link: Fractal Subcommunity

Hi everybody!

We are very pleased to present you with a special edition of the Fractal Window Weekly celebrating 200 weeks of beautiful fractals!

We have chosen 200 fractals from the 200 editions.

...so expect a looong page load, lol

We sincerely hope you enjoy it and we wanted to thank you for your continuous support over the years to make this such a great fractal community.

Cheers!
Viv and Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Deagol ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 4:50 PM

That's great stuff. It is a great cross section of what have have been doing. 

It has taken a lot of work for you to do this over the years. Thanks for putting it all together.

I would like to link to it from one of my blogs. Is there any chance that you can put it in the archives soon so that the link will stay the same when the subcommunity page changes? Or maybe a special page just for this would be nice.

Thanks again,
Keith

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 5:31 PM

Thank you for your words, Keith.
We're glad you all enjoy the FWW and we're thankful for all the great contributions you all make to our gallery.

Don't worry, the archive for this will be up soon. We won't lose the page at all =)

Thanks again!
Barb

ligt ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 3:55 AM

wow, a real surprise. what a great collection gathered here over the years.
splendid work from you ,
thanks so very much!
monica

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 3:38 PM

What a treat for the eyes.  Thankyou very much for all your hard work Viv and Barb putting this display together. It seems a great pity that all these amazing images can only be seen in our Community.

Sheyenne ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 6:22 PM

spiffy collection....

its a pity though that all of your choices are based on windooz related fractal software while there are other OS's and its fractal programs also in this community, none of them are any of 'your' choice

i congratulate those who are the chosen ones to resemble the voice of this clan

i guess it's time to move to the clan where my work belongs then

good day...

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 8:22 PM

Our choices had absolutely nothing to do with Platforms and/or Operating systems. Not only we don't see the value of such criteria, even if we wanted to use it, it would be practically impossible, as we couldn't know for sure which operating system the artist was using when creating the artwork.

I'm sorry you don't like our choices. Having said that, it should be taken into account that these are just our honest but (as with anything made by humans) subjective choices.

fractalynx ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 12:35 AM · edited Sun, 08 February 2009 at 12:44 AM

thats right, your novice, not artistic like, personal choices!

"Renderosity is home to many talented artists, and we are always looking for ways to showcase the work found within our Galleries."

You don't showcase the work of talented artists, you just have a favorite list of artists...

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 1:18 AM

I think Viv and Barb do a fantastic job with the FWW, a very difficult one considering the great number of pieces of beautiful work submitted daily to the Fractal Gallery and to be so peevish as to insult two valued member Artists of Renderosity Staff whom we all hold in high regard is just so juvenile.  I have had a look at your own gallery and like what I see.  It puts me very much in mind of Harmen's work.  You are a very talented Artist. What a shame you feel this way.

ligt ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 5:22 AM

viv and barb, i think it is great the job you do!, i wonder, is there a time you think, jeeez, i quit?
i certainly would.
have a glorious sunday,
monica

Tropsie ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 8:23 AM

I admire the images you've picked. A great deal of outstanding work. And an inspiration to everyone who wants to get a step forward with their own fractal art. Thanks for the wonderful collection !!!

Tropsie ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 8:27 AM

Oh, and not to forget: Great to see the high quality work of artists who have stopped publishing here. There is a number I haven't seen before.

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 9:17 AM

Thank you all for your support, I appreciate it deeply.

Barb

fractalynx ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 2:35 PM

It puts me very much in mind of Harmen's work.

According to my ID-card I am still Harmen, I am an androgyne but chose to be feminine.

You do agree with me that everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion, and we are entitled to have a freedom of speech also. Least that is the case here in the Netherlands. I do not doubt the fact that Barb or Vivian are privileged to have their personal preferences in their choice of art. I only doubt their artistic preferences, it's their own personal choice. It doesn't go through a committee or jury. But if they want to make this community open for every artist, they should publish at least one of their artists art in the best 200 of the FWW, and not bunches from one artist and nothing of the other. This community is made by the artists, not by their moderators. If they publish their personal choices of art as the face of this community, they chase others away, which is happening.

Good night,

Sheyenne

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 3:22 PM

You minx! So that is why you have been away- you have been growing your hair! I still think you were being peevish about Viv and Barb.  They have a very hard job to do and not one I envy. Of course we all have freedom of speech, so far anyway, which is why I am able to say what I feel too.
Sheyenne I am very happy you are back here and hope all your sad times are over. I had a funny feeling about your Gallery and your beautiful portrait...I just could not see you without your specs....so glad I was proved right!

mountmous ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 12:20 PM

What a treat! I see so many beautiful images. It's a real inspiration.
Thanks for this!!

Yvonne

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 8:13 PM

Anyone who wishes to is certainly welcome to publish their own choices here in the forum!

Fractals will always amaze me!

mansco ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 4:58 AM

What a splendid and hard work you have done, Viv and Barb, I really love your choice! And of course it's a real honour for me to be among this lovely group ;O)
You made me remember some of our art friends that are not around and some that are really missed.
A big hug and thanks again!
Elizabeth

kansas ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 10:42 AM

An amazingly wonderful collection of fractals! Thanks for your hard work in doing this. It is much appreciated and enjoyed by me.
Marion

clifftoppler ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 7:35 PM

The "best of the best," I like that, though I see (or not see) five of the images have been deleted - very strange.  Surely, only the artists concerned can take such action and it has to be peculiar behaviour to shun the privilege given. Shyness maybe!

One strange reward for Vivian and Barbara - if they've really been doing this onorous task for four years - is a sustained refinement of artistic vision, Whether it is reward enough, is another matter.

Cliff.

daali ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 5:18 AM

**Hi :-))
**I would be very pleased see this collection , but I can not find it
Alida

ligt ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 5:39 AM

alida,
if you go the fractal subcomittee and click on the fratal ww archives, you can find the fractal 200.

monica

daali ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 6:28 AM

Thanks Monica...tryyyyyyyyyyyyy :-))))

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 1:48 AM

Attached Link: FWW 200

Here is a direct link!

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

daali ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 3:42 AM

Thanks Viv,
but with the instructions of Monica
after so much seek
I found
Alida

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.