Mon, Oct 7, 2:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: UGH!!! Sooo frustrated. Please help.

salina ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 10:14 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 2:42 PM

I purchased the V4Morph ++ pack and it came with the V4toV3 injection. When I change figure to the 4.2 victoria then click on the v4tov3 in opens my files looking for V4toV3BODYGrps. When I search all folders nothing comes up. am i missing a file to make this work?. I installed the V4toV3 at the same time as the V4Morph++ and in the same manner.

Purpose:
I bought a figure I really like but it is for V3. I thought since I had the V4toV3 downloaded I would be able to use it but something is wrong.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 7:46 AM

This issue has been posted in the past and I believe that you need to run the V4V3.bat file to generate those missing files.  The hierarchy is Runtime>Libraries>!DAZ>DzCreateExpFiles-V4V3.bat.  Be aware, you will not have full body morphing capacity for your V4-V3 model.  Head and expressions morphs is about all you are going to get with this.  IMO, this is really a totally worthless option with very limited options.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 9:43 AM · edited Thu, 05 February 2009 at 9:43 AM

Quote - I bought a figure I really like but it is for V3. I thought since I had the V4toV3 downloaded I would be able to use it but something is wrong.

If you bought a character for V3 (morph and texture) then it is not compatible with V4 no matter what you do.  You need V3 - or possibly SP3 or A3, don't expect the shape to come out the same although the texture will normally look just fine.  V3 with the morphs, and the other DAZ Gen 3 figures are all still good and worth looking into.

The V4toV3 figure is intended only for a minimum function, e.g. trying to work with a conforming clothing item that is modeled and rigged for V3.  Morphs and textures are not compatible.

My Freebies

Connatic ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 9:51 AM

I  successfully used a magnet-based body-changing product on the V4toV3 figure. At least there are ways to alter the body, and the magnets can be applied to the clothes.

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 1:19 PM · edited Thu, 05 February 2009 at 1:20 PM

For textures, I have had fairly good results using the Universal Texture Convertor II for migrating quality textures from generation 3 to generation four figures. The morphs will not translate over.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Daidalos ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 3:41 PM

If this is a stupid question forgive me, but could someone please tell me why DAZ packages these figures that way in the first place, rather than just packing the needed files already there?

I mean whats the reason to pack the .bat file so we the end user have to run them and create the missing files?

Doing things this way, is what caused me to have to return M4 and all the stuff I'd bought for him when he was released, because I never could get the stupid file to run and generate the files properly, and thus couldn't use any of his morph's.

"The Blood is the life!"

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 6:06 PM

You're right, Daidalos.  It would be easier.  But who said DAZ does anything easy.  When you run into a deadline that must be kept do to customer anticipation, you're bound to forget a few 'trivial' files necessary for you model to work.

salina ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 8:27 PM · edited Thu, 05 February 2009 at 8:30 PM

wow, thanks that's alot of information from everyone. Had to work long hours today and just now getting to sit down. It seams that I would end up being disappointed with using V3 if I am unable to use the V4 morphs with it. Would it be possible for the creater to make her in V4 or could I pay someone to make her texture work with V4?

I plan on spending alot of money between renderosity and daz for premade characters, I want to work with the poses and animation and putting together some custom looks but not want to wast a lot of my time on character creation itself for reason that I work full time.

And because I work full time and the whole purpose in purchasing is to save time. I keep finding facial features I like but appears to be from a different version. I don't mind spending money at all but don't want to waste money on products that  I am unable to use in the end. 

Is there anyone in here that can do custom work for me? I can still buy hair clothing etc but perhaps i need to work with only V4 products and someone who can customize the facial features for me?

Angelsinger ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 8:18 PM

Quote - ...could someone please tell me why DAZ packages these figures that way in the first place, rather than just packing the needed files already there?

...I mean whats the reason to pack the .bat file so we the end user have to run them and create the missing files?

Daidalos, I have wondered the same thing; I abhor Daz's .bat file installation system, and was never particularly fond of having to install content from .exe files, either. Rendo has completely spoiled me, letting me see at an easy glance what's inside the archive.

Using commands to create missing files is annoying and unnecessary!

ChrisV ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2011 at 9:10 PM

Quote - This issue has been posted in the past and I believe that you need to run the V4V3.bat file to generate those missing files.  The hierarchy is Runtime>Libraries>!DAZ>DzCreateExpFiles-V4V3.bat.  Be aware, you will not have full body morphing capacity for your V4-V3 model.  Head and expressions morphs is about all you are going to get with this.  IMO, this is really a totally worthless option with very limited options.

After many frustrations (and going nearly bald with tearing my hair out!) I discovered your comment after a search to see if others had this problem with getting V4toV3 to work.

I've tried running the batch file you suggested but I still get the same non-performing result!  In the absence of any meaningful documentation from DAZ  (which would have been helpful if they had deigned to provide it). how do I get this working?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the V4 files (incidentally, what exactly is DAZ's 'uninstall' routine - again, their is no documentation as to how to do this!) but I still can't get the damned thing to work properly!

Any help much appreciated

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2011 at 10:26 PM

look in runtime/libraries/!Daz/V4toV3  folder .

If the folder is missing run the bat file again.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2011 at 10:55 PM

I  successfully used the D3D clothing-changing product  called morphing clothes on the actual V4 on V3 body to put morphos into the body of the poser person on the V4toV3 figure.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2011 at 8:13 AM

That sounds interesting.  What is your actual workflow, Esther?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2011 at 8:18 AM

gosh it was awhile ago.

Well first I bought the utility, then I converted it to a stand alone mac utility using winebottler.

Then I loaded the normal fully morph loaded V3 person figure as the donor "clothing" and the V4-V3 figure as the receiving morph clothing.

I made some adjustments to the default settings to up the sensitivity of the software as I didn't care how long it was going to take.

And that worked.

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2011 at 8:19 AM

ie there was no clothing involved in the morph transfer process. I transferred body morphs from one poser "person" to another.  It works.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2011 at 8:20 AM

I did this  more than a year ago so my memory of what was involved may be a bit off.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2011 at 9:26 AM

woww, kewl stuff.  Thanks for sharing this tip estherau!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

ChrisV ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2011 at 5:25 PM

Quote - look in runtime/libraries/!Daz/V4toV3  folder .

If the folder is missing run the bat file again.

Hi Markshum

Apologies for the delay in responding (I'm only an occasional Poser user)

I have no /V4toV3 folder.  I did a reinstall of the original Daz V4.2 morphs install in both my P6 and P8 runtimes (I still use the P6 runtime for convenience) but there is still no V4toV3 folder in either.  I even did a fresh download of the purchased product from the  DAZ website (Incidentally, how does the supposed DAZ uninstaller work?  When I reinstalled I ticked the box to establish the uninstall routine but I can't find it anywhere!!  How is it put into effect?)

Anyway, back to the problem.  I have the V4.2toV3 figure in DAZ People folder (in my P6 runtime but not in P8 runtime - only the V4.2 figure is in my P8 for some unknown reason)

Any tips as to how I can overcome this and get the V4toV3 figure working?

One other thing: if and when I do get this folder showing up, do I run the .bat file before or after starting Poser and how do I run it inside Poser?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.