Wed, Sep 18, 7:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: RENDERING PROBLEM

Eiseprod ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 6:18 PM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 1:40 AM

I have just bought a new computer to use for my animations as the old was freezing at almost every task, this includes just clicking on the ok or cancel pop up command when it comes up. So when I ordered tis new computer, I tried to make sure it is as up to date as I can afford. But sadly enough, I noticed that I can't render anything with it. For instance while rendering an animation where Simon walks in place with a picture in the background, the rendering freezes some way down the animation rendering. My old computer can render some some of these scenes better but but there are loads more things that this computer can do that the old computer can not do.
Does anybody have any clue as to what is happening. I want to know if the computer is not good enough so that I can return it and ask for a refund.
Listed below are specifications of the new computer:

AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM2+ (2.6GHz, 4MB Cache, 2000MHZ)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit - English
MESH Midi-Tower ATX Case + 550W PSU - 190mm(W) x 420mm(H) x 480mm(D)
ASUS M3A , AMD Socket AM2+ Phenom ATX Mainboard
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (2x 2GB)
1TB (1x 1000GB) Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive with 32MB Buffer [upg £ 40.00]
Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM
512MB ATI Radeon HD3450 (Direct X10.1, PCI Express 2.0)
7.1 High Definition onboard sound card - for 8 Channel Cinema sound
Free Microsoft® Works® 8.5 + Limited Microsoft Office Trial
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Utility Suite - 7 titles (oem)
BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 - 90 Day Trial - AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter
10 USB 2.0 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 4 ports at back panel) - ASUS M3A
PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET 2 - ASUS M3A
52-in-1 Multi-format Memory Card Reader (matx)

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 7:32 PM · edited Fri, 06 February 2009 at 7:33 PM

You included everything but the most important item of info:
What version of Poser?

My Freebies

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 7:38 PM · edited Fri, 06 February 2009 at 7:41 PM

I think the computer is obviously the problem-send it to me and I'll send you mine, which works fine with Poser 7. :tt2:

If you are using Poser7, make sure you have SR3 installed-it cures a multitude of woes.

Poser 7 runs nicely on a P4M 1.6 GHz, laptop so I think your computer can handle it.

Cheers,

Rod

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Eiseprod ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 9:02 PM

I use poser 7. I am beginning to think the problem must be with the poser software itself as I render complex scenes that contains many trees and lighting in Blender. Pls WandW, what is SR3 and how can I get it and install it?

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 10:39 PM

To get the Service Release 3, go here and enter your Poser serial number where it says "Free Updates"...

http://my.smithmicro.com/win/poser/updates.html

There is a content updater on this page as well.

Cheers,

Rod

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 11:46 PM

Make sure you also have your Drivers and OS all updated. The SR3 also addresses issues that came about due to updates, so if you do not have those installed, you can create issues instead of fixing them with the SR3.

The other thing to try is Reset Preferences. If any of these get corrupted, they can cause all sorts of strange behavior.

ratscloset
aka John

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 9:44 PM

Graphics card is underpowered. As soon as your scenes get more complicated, your preview window will get sluggish. The rest os OK, although I'd prefer Intel to AMD when it comes to CPU - the Phenom 9950 Black Edition is the top of the AMD line, and it performs about the same as the bottom end of the Intel quad core line.

As for the Poser problems - get SR3.

Furthermore: that's Vista. Do NOT install Poser under Program Files! Install it somewere else, preferably on a separate partition.
Reason: Vista protects the Program Files area, so you won't be able to install content into the Poser main runtime. Some content MUST be installed in the main runtime (V4.2 and M4, and Python scripts, for example).

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Eiseprod ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 1:50 PM

Hello all, Iam still on this problem. I have done all the things you lot have told me to do and I am still facing the same problem. It has really got so frustrating now that if I do not get a solution to this problem, then it means i have to abandon poser entirely. Maybe it was not mearnt for me. I have bought the above computer so that I can work more with poser. I dont encounter any problem at all when I use the same computer with  Blender. Only poser. Even to load a movie as a background image, it returns an error message that says  poser executible file is not responding. The poser 7 software I have is original and I loaded the SR3.

Even when I was loading poser into the computer with autorun, it will not load. It came up with an error message that said something poser file needs elevation. It was someone on this site that told me to go to setup file and click run as administrator. It then takes about 5hrs to finnish loading. Somehow something is wrong somewhere but I just can't seem to crack it. And to even think I buoght this computer to specifically work with poser and still I am having probelms, it is realy very sad. For those of you who poser worked for, I wish you well but I don't think anyone will need to be told what my verdict will be if I am ever asked about poser....

Cheers all. Honestly speaking, you all were very usefull

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.