Mon, Sep 9, 3:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Warning - Possible Scam

Maz ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 5:26 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:56 PM

There is a site called www.renderocity.com (note the spelling with the letter 'c' rather than the letter 's') which claims to offer "Unlimited Access to hi-res (broadcast quality) Textures for Poser, DAZ3D models and much more made by Catharina Przezak. Every month exclusive new textures!!! and you save your $$$". Membership costs $69.95 for six months. I found this site a few nights ago but the messages on its free forum were generally complaining about the fact that there had been no updates for months and that the site was allegedly a rip-off. Since then the forum has become password protected so prospective new subscribers can't see these messages. Draw your own conclusion. The site has an 'about the artist' section which made Ms Przezak sound as if she could walk on water as well as produce fantastic artwork. General rule: If something sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Incidentally this is my own opinion and not necessarily that of good old Renderosity, so if Ms Przezak wants to sue anybody it will have to be me. Maz

arabinowitz ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 5:42 PM

Hi Maz- Not that I have anything to do with her site (I have never bought anything from her) but I am pretty sure she is on good terms with this forum. Her stuff is perfectly legal, and the last time I checked, there were links to this forum on her site. So I don't think she intends it as a scam, though name recognition helps. If I am not mistaken, she has donated a bunch of stuff to this forum at one time or another. And from what I can tell, she can't walk on water, but her stuff is really good. Aharon

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 5:43 PM

Actually it was a great deal when it first started, I am a member and for the original price people got her textures for Vickie and Mike that were sold here in the store. I already owned most of the textures, but there were some really nice ones I didn't have yet, plus she has some models and poses there. She is very good at what she does, and I although I don't agree with the new prices, I don't feel scammed. I think she is charging too much for new people but it is up to them to make the decision on whether or not to join. I feel I got what she promised for the price I paid as an initial subscriber. Marque

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 6:15 PM

She's been around for a long time. Won a contest at Poserworld, a few years back with "The Queen". She also brokers for Daz. I have a few of her textures, they are quality. Her English is not real good, and, that has lead to one other conflict with someone about her site, I don't recall the gist of it, but twas no big deal. I don't have a membership, as it seems, as if there are just sooo many textures and characters coming down the pipes, these days. And, then, they are in "vogue" one day, and out the next. Will stick to making my own stuff, mostly. LOL...won't see it every time I hit the gallery, either. Thanks for the "head's up", though. I would rather see someone warn us, as the number of duplicitous folks in Poserdom is growing. Pop...pop...pop!!!

Maz ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 6:21 PM

Yes, I got the impression from reading the posts on her site that she started out with good intentions but the 'every month exclusive new textures' has just not happened for several months. There were quite a few posts complaining about it but she didn't reply to any of them. The only thing that leads me to the 'possible scam' (and I did say 'possible') is that she didn't reply to the complainers and she has now made it impossible for prospective providers of $69.95 to see the complaints. That doesn't seem on the level to me.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 6:38 PM

She has a model of flowers that costs $24.95 here in the store that subscribers are getting free this month. She just got married and moved to a new house, so she's been busier than a one-armed paper hanger. Marque

Maz ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 7:08 PM

Not so busy that she couldn't make the forum of complaints password protected!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 7:15 PM

I have to admit that does not look good. Too bad, it was such a great idea. Marque

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 8:30 PM

Catharina e-mailed me way back when she first started frequenting the forums and I replied to her messages for a short time. She asked me to post her eye textures for her in Free Stuff because she thought her English wasn't very good. She's done some exceptional textures for Michael and Vicki. I know that her intentions are good. I can't fault her for her efforts. She has certainly accomplished a lot more than I have. I have to admit that I think her pricing is a little odd. I think that $69.95 for 6 months is high. My feeling is that a six-month membership should cost just slightly less than 3 months doubled. Her 3-month membership is $19.95. Therefore, I think that six months should cost just under $40, but six months jumps to 3 1/2 times the cost when you only get twice as many months. Joining for six months should be a bargain over the 3 months to entice a longer membership. But she probably has her reasons, so I won't criticize her for it. I really don't think she means any harm by it. I think it's a better buy to join for 3 months ($20) and then renew every three months ($40 for two 3-month memberships), rather than paying almost $70 for six months. You'll save $30 that way. Anyway, I still appreciate Catharina's work. She's produced some of the very best and I just love her Tomy texture. I use it often. Melanie

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 8:33 PM

Life always seems to derail the best laid plans. One would need to be able to walk on water to keep up that kind of promise. However, when one is charging 70 dollars, you'd better FIND a way to walk on bloody water! To ignore the complaints then shield them from the public is bad business, no matter how great your textures are/have been or what your contributions to Renderosity are/have been. Not trying to lynch mob here, just agreeing with Maz. -WTB

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 8:38 PM

Tomy is one of the textures that I have. She was a "goddess" of sorts, in her time. Sad to hear all this.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 9:16 PM

Newbie here, just my 2cents worth, I joined a month ago, for the 3 month deal, and if she never post another item I still feel I got my moneys worth. She has a lot of nice things there. I notice the tomy is 19.95 at daz store, soo If I subtract that from the price of 3 month membership, I'm still ahead, because of all the other great textures there that I have downloaded. I agree that its sad that she hasn't posted any new items,but I don't feel cheated at all. Besides, if she just got married then she is busy honeymooning! :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 10:28 PM

Yeah .. I feel I got my money's worth as well. Though it would be nice to get more S But thing is that she might not have been the one to close the forum ... Think she did have a programmer helper and all .. not sure though. Later

TJ ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 12:08 AM

Look at the license agreement for the 69.95 package , the terms are way loser than youll find on anything else, no thats not a ridiculous price for what she says can be done with the stuff.(unless its changed again) I think she didnt charge enough to begin with, I got about 6 or 7 textures for victoria and michael (including tomy and mario) many eye textures and hair textures 3dmodels and poses for about 6 bucks for my 3 month membership. it was updated 3 times in the 3 months. Now shes charging more and Im not a current member,but when I was I was extremely pleased and yes at that time people were griping then too.

BlueRain ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 1:00 AM

gripe gripe gripe gripe gripe.

black-canary ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:44 AM

I joined just a week or so ago for the 20 dollar deal, and forthat you get ALL her textures and can use them in commercial work. For the 70 buck 6 month deal you get to use her textures in your own textures and sell things based on them...I think it's an amazing price considering the license. It's set up as a "membership" thing but its actually a license you're paying for. So I went for the license that most closely resembles what you get in the store here and for $20 I end up with something like 10 full characters with 2 or 3 extra head textures, and a pile of eye textures and some props. If you don't like her work (you can see it by looking in the gallery or store here) then by all means, don't join, but if you do, I recommend going and joining for the $20 license. If you're going to complain about a price or accuse someone of scamming you should at least take the time to read all of what's being offered for the price, IMHO. MaryCanary

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 8:07 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderoCity.com

I saw that bad comments are from people that pay 5.95 of dollars or 15.95. That is why I closed the forum on my website and only people that wish to contact me or other membersd will by able to get the password from me if they wish. I don't like people that wrote bad about other and wrote" anonimus" if they have right they will wrote the realy name with e-mail but now they don't wish it to do, I don't think that the people that wrote on my forum are real members, i think they need to make my website looking bad. It is true that I don't have the time in the last 2 months to do better my work but I pay your back with much exstras. Next time look first on the website and than pay only for that what you need and saw. If you have all my art work please don't pay for the membership that make no sense. I am to back and go to work and if you have any words to say about please wrote to me at cathrin@worldonline.nl thank you for your time, Catharina P.S BTW my website is longer on the net that Renderosity-forum

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 9:00 AM

Catharina, I really appreciate all your hard work. I use your textures everyday. You put in a lot of long hours on the things you create. I'm not complaining, just trying to help understand the differences in the pricing, but Black Canary did a wonderful job of explaining it. Thanks, Canary! Cath, I've enjoyed your work so much and, even though I don't know you very well, I consider you a friend. Keep up the good work. I look forward to anything you do in the future. And congratulations on your marriage. I'm so excited for you. Melanie

atthisstage ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 11:41 AM

Heck, based on the discussions here, I joined immediately. Well worth it!

Maz ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 12:56 PM

Well it sounds like nearly everybody's happy after all so I'll back off. Nevertheless, if this site were operating under English law Catharina would be liable for the fact that she has offered, for a fee, to provide updates (in the plural, note) every month. She clearly isn't delivering on this.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 12:59 PM

Yep, if everyone's happy then party on. The 20 dollar deal sounds really good. -WTB

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 6:04 PM

Mm. I think I'll save up my pennies and join once I get 1995 of them. ^_^

Kreations By Khrys

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 6:27 PM

It does sound like a good deal - but I think the updates promise should be taken off the site if it isn't guarenteed. Seems pretty innocent and simple.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:01 PM

She did an update last month, and I'm waiting for this month's update. It's only the 4th after all. Last month's update was the flower package, you have to look under the 3d model section for it. Marque

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:23 PM

I just got back to her site today, and I noticed in the prop area she has very nice flower props ( gardenias)that were added :), just got done downloading them!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 9:42 PM

Sounds good to me :) Thats why I like waiting for all the info to come in :)

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 10:21 PM

She walks on water after all :) -WTB

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 1:05 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderoCity.com

The all work that I do in the member area cost me least 6 months work. I don't like to do a textures that are not good. If I will make a product I wish that it looks good. I will update a new trees that I made the last month ready to use with poser and the next are textures for Victoria2.0. I have right now more time to do my work again for the member area. Thank you to all Cath

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 7:37 AM

Thanks, Catharina, looking forward to the new things. You do great work. Melanie

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 10:00 AM

Just wanted to say thanks Catherina ... Good to see you around and working.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.