Thu, Sep 19, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: toon renders

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 5:52 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:16 PM
Site Admin

Sorry for yet another thread about toon renders but I can't find what I'm looking for. Can anyone help me with doing a toon render or direct me to a thread for doing this? Please.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 6:03 PM

What effect are you trying to achieve?

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 6:56 PM
Site Admin

mostly looking like a comic strip. I tried using sketch render but there is too much shading.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Rance01 ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 7:02 PM

What version of Poser?  In P6/7 there's a wacro to set up Toon shaders.  Seem's like Olivier (spelling?) was putting together a toon shader package some time ago.  He's over at RuntimeDNA.  I'm pretty sure it's a comercial package.

Off the top of my head I don't know of any tutorials.

Best Wishes,
Rªnce

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 7:02 PM

Ok, that doesn't narrow it down :)  Do you have a link to a type of effect you're looking for?

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Rance01 ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 7:08 PM

RDNA is not an easy site to find anything on, and I hate FLASH animated ads but I found Olivier's Cartoon Shaders within a few clicks.  It's not inexpensive but I'm sure it's a quality product and there would be plenty of support for the thing.

Good luck with your search.

R-

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 8:28 PM
Site Admin

something kinda like this. It looks rather 2d-ish, but I can't draw people in 2d programs.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 8:29 PM

Attached Link: http://drgeep.com/p6/cc/cc.htm

file_423836.gif

*(click image to view image full size) (click link above image to view the tutorial)*

You might find something of interest in this tutorial. 😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

ima70 ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 8:36 PM

Here is a very simple toon tutorial, it may help you to start.

http://www.posetteforever.com/discussion3228.html?p=39406#p39406

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 9:21 PM
Site Admin

the posette forever link wasn't working. But thanks for the attempt.

thanks Dr. Geep. Your tutorial did help. Got want I needed :)

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 10:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=2139&TopID=174673

this is what I use from rdna by oliver, with shader works for quick applicaton of effect Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 12:12 AM

While it won't produce any lines, try doing a quick render with one white diffuse IBL set at 60% intensity.  That produces a sort of cartoony/painterly effect IMO.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 7:23 AM

back in the day there was something people would do witth 'squishing the z axies', unless it's already been covered above.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

raven ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 11:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2885157&ebot_calc_page#message_2885157

You could use the Toon wacro in the material room to achieve a toon effect like I did in this old post.

Also, in Poser 6 and Poser 7 Sixus1 provided toon materials in the material room.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 12:10 PM · edited Wed, 11 February 2009 at 12:14 PM

file_424014.jpg

see above for poser toon chader (wacro) with edge-blend lines. the main differences between edge-blend lines and poser toon outlines:
  • toon outline puts a jagged line around the outside of the figure or cloth item, which causes oddities like finger bloat (bad)
  • toon outline can't do interior contour lines
  • toon outline can't do variable line widths in same render

if one just wants a black-n-white image, then skip the toon wacro step. reset all mtls to white with D3D script (or similar), apply edge-blend node to ambient value, render with no lites. I daresay they will have this more formalised and user-friendly in the upcoming P8 beta.

geoff1 ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 12:33 PM

http://inkulator.sourceforge.net/

Can I recommend Ink9000 at Sourceforge. Its been a while since an update but does a good job of comic book renders if you take the time to play around. And it is free!

mikachan ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2009 at 1:14 AM

For daz studio there's a couple of toon shader sets here as well as for poser. For DS threre is a wonderful set at daz3d.com. Just run a search for toon shaders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.