Sat, Sep 21, 6:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Howling at the moon

RJH ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 10:56 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:04 PM

file_186743.jpg

I heard the coyotes howling two nights ago and went outside to check things out. this is what i saw.

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2001 at 10:58 PM

That man on the moon has a very bad acne problem. ry

Antoonio ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:53 AM

so, now tellme, where can you see the face? I have never seen the face, damn. .n

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 2:37 PM

Squint, Antoonio. Turn all the lights off so you've just got the screen light and squint. And stick your tongue out with concentration. Now don't you look stupid? LOL

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 3:37 PM

Wow. That is beautiful. I've been trying to get one of these for years. Have yet to get it right. I'm so happy for you. I had a major relization while looking at something like this. Wow. Bsteph

RJH ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 5:19 PM

file_186744.jpg

another moon shot but the city lights sure wash out the detail

Alpha ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 9:36 PM

You shooting through a telescope??? And the second on makes me wonder, cuz the moon won't be full for a few days yet.

RJH ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 10:00 PM

Nope just using my sony digital with a lens doubler

RJH ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 10:01 PM

the second shot was taken last night the first on sunday night

RJH ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 11:18 PM

file_186745.jpg

wednesday moon

Antoonio ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 2:05 AM

w h e r e is the face, somebody, show me the face! I have stared that pic now about three hours, and no freaking face. I have even squinted with my tongue out like Jordy said, but noooo, no face. .n

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 2:11 AM

I'll try it out also. What settings are you using? I want to get the best I can. I do own a telescope. I can see how good I can make it. But it usally looks blury. RJH OK. From this picture I can understand why it is called the sea of tranquility ect. ( The darker areas look like oceans relative to the rest of the moon surface! ) That was my sudden relization I mentioned previously! The man in the moon. Bstephs take on it. Remember this is astronomy so you need you imagination!! There are two eyes. The left eye is the smaller circle on the extreme left of the moon. The right eye is the larger circle directly across from the left eye. In the middle of the two eyes is a slightly darker section of the moon it almost could be a rock if the moon were perfectly smooth. That is the nose. Below the nose and on either side of it are the two cheecks. Finally below the checks and in the center where it should be is a small dark dot that is the mouth. The rest of the stuff on the left side of the moon is the ears and hair. The moon is a bald older gentleman with flushed checks! Alpha it not a full moon. It's close like he said it's about one or two days off so it looks full. Especially when it is so bright. Bsteph

RJH ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 8:33 AM

Bsteph I will post the settings tonight when I take the last shot. Tonight is the full moon I think. I do not remember the settings right now and truthfully the camera was set on full auto mode.

RJH ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 8:44 AM

file_186746.jpg

hey Antoonio how is this

Antoonio ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 1:57 AM

Hehe, thanks guys, now I can see it. .n

RJH ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 7:28 AM

Sorry Bsteph totally over cast last night even thought there was a full moon I did not get to see it. Will try again tonight weather permitting.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 1:11 PM

Thanks for the help though. I was luckier. However it was too bright for my digital. I tried the telescope with the moon filter as well. Still nothing worth mentioning. However I did try the camcorder. Success!! Not so good looking and rather blury but I did something much better than I had previously. I tried some with the 35mm when I get those back it they are of value I'll post them. Bsteph

RJH ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 1:37 PM

Do you have spot metering on your digital? I had to use the spot mtering feature on mine so that i did not get a big white ball.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.