Tue, Oct 22, 2:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 9:34 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: YafRay Question

keppel ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 12:17 AM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 12:49 AM

As I have been getting familiar with Blender I have had a look at the YafRay site.  The latest version of YafRay is 0.1.0.  Is this version of YafRay the one included in the latest Blender version?

If not is it possible to update the Blender installation of YafRay or would it need to be used as a standalone renderer until the next release of Blender?  

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Reddog9 ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 3:31 PM

Quote - As I have been getting familiar with Blender I have had a look at the YafRay site.  The latest version of YafRay is 0.1.0.  Is this version of YafRay the one included in the latest Blender version?

If not is it possible to update the Blender installation of YafRay or would it need to be used as a standalone renderer until the next release of Blender?  

It's accessible within Blender after you install Yafray.  I wrote a brief tutorial as an introduction to using the latest version of Yafray with Blender.

www.blender3dclub.com/index.php

Reddog9
Tutorials, Samples and Models
www.blender3dclub.com

keppel ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 6:45 PM

Reddog9,

Thanks for your reply.  Your tutorial was very helpful.

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

TonyL ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 6:59 PM

I am using Vista and for some reason I can't get Blender to see YafAray. I know it is installed and in the right place. Any ideas?

Tony

keppel ( ) posted Fri, 06 March 2009 at 5:52 AM · edited Fri, 06 March 2009 at 5:56 AM

This page on the YafRay website contains installation instructions that may help.  It doesn't mention Vista specifically but it does explain what additional packages are required for the installation to work properly.

http://www.yafray.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1827

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.