Mon, Oct 21, 10:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Lens Flare

american_astronomer ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 3:08 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:06 PM

I saw a killer lens flare effect somewhere,but darned if I cannot remember where it was. It would be a great effect for the "Bladerunner" type pieces.Has anyone else seen the effect i am referring to? I think it was an .obj or a .3ds

gsalas ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 3:47 PM

It may have been done in 3DS Max or Lightwave. They have some lens effects that can create greate ones. -Gabe-

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 5:16 PM

There are decent flare effects for Poser too, check the tutorials section, sorry, not at my own machine now and auther did not sign his tut..

Lunaseas ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 7:07 PM

I bet it was from the Propsguild.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 7:09 PM

Sixpacwolf did a Poser lense flare tutorial. I think Lunaseas is right about it being at Props Guild.

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 9:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.smyle.net/~igohigh/real2.html

american_astronomer, at home now but neither of the tuts I have did the fine auther sign his work...?! The one I found most useful included a PZ3 example. The technique is actually quite simple. It involves placing a square or circle between a light and your model, apply a chosen 2D-flare and set the obj's transparancy to MAX (or adj to taste). Then just adjust the light/panel's angle to obtain the desired 'flare-effect'. I used it in a pic posted at:

BlueRain ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 1:17 AM

Yeah propsguild by Keoto me.

american_astronomer ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 10:33 AM

O.K., maybe I am just overtired,but I checked Propsguild in every place I expected it to be.Anyone know what directory it was under? And thanks, igohigh, for the lens flare -do it yourself -type of set-up. Everyone I have been in touch with here has been very helpful. As a novice,I have not been made to feel like a lamer! Thanks all!

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 10:59 AM

The "Flare" tut I mentioned I am sure I found at an indevidual's site and haven't seen it since (last fall) but there is also a tut at NerdStuff on "Censor Stars" that uses spheres to do a simular effect to make Censorship stars. By playing with the two methods and tweeking things around you can make some cool optical effects right in Poser. For the flare effect I forgot to mention it works best with the 'flare' light positioned Behind the cammera. So from the center of the scene it would be: 1- Object to be centered in flare 2- Transparent panel to generate the flare 3- Camera 4- Light aimed at 'flare panel' Then just tweek the angles and distances

american_astronomer ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 11:15 AM

Thanks,Your fairy character is way cool by the way ,nice job.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.