Mon, Oct 21, 10:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Is this possible with Bryce...

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 3:11 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is it possible to apply a bump map to a imported Poser figure in Bryce? Importing the figure and appying its textures are no problem, but I can't seem to get the bump map to come along for the ride, or to find a way to apply it after the figure's been imported. Any suggestions?

DigitalDream#3 ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 6:40 AM

Well, did you try applying the bump map that was used in Poser? Maybe open the materials lab for the figure and apply your bump map there.

Amixiam ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 8:24 AM

yeah...you can. after importing your model, in the materials lab you go to edit textures and copy/past your texture into the alpha channel, then use the bump option in material labs...usually 1.6 for me on human models. Or you can apply the bump separate by selecting bump on (2) and loading your bump in the edit textures section. So you will have in materials lab (1) your texture (2) your bump (3) empty (4) empty. hope this kinda helps, there are others that are much much better at explaining this mess :) Bryan

TomDowd ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 9:12 AM

It took me awhile to figure it out too, but Bryce gets its Bump Map information from the Alpha Channel slot of the Materials Editor. For my own sanity I usually create it as a seperate material and assign that to the Bump channel. Tom D

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 3:50 PM

Beware the Black Hole syndrome (see my earlier post...no noe so far has an explaination)

Amixiam ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 7:54 PM

the black hole syndrome shouldn't be a problem, so long as those objects which require patient tweaking of the texture on the object in the materials editor, or making the texture object top/front vs. parametric. Bryan

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 9:24 PM

"Top/Front"? I have looked for that option in Bryce4 and don't see it? Now I haven't tried editing the texture "size" wise, kinda didn't think that should be needed on an object that is using it's native UV mapped text with no other alterations needed...I'll try it. Mark, did you find what you where looking for? I still can't locate the tutorial that I once used that made it so clear but there is a very good one (actually that I remember) just can't find 'which' ones to let you know thier author(s)

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 11:59 PM

Yes, I did and thanks to you all for your input. My Poser figures are now as bumpy as ever in Bryce. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.