Tue, Sep 24, 6:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 1:55 pm)

Subject: Newbie Question about morphs...

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 12:27 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

If you're seeing this again, I apologize. I almost dropped a bit of money that I can't afford on Daz's Elite Textures, but then I discovered a mention of Pureskins somewhere here on the forums. Shout out to Renderosity for saving me a pretty penny. 

I haven't bought the texture yet though because, honestly, I don't completely know what I'm doing. The texture itself seems great in terms of skin and detail and all, but the faces are non-descript. 

My question is: Can you use a Texture like Pureskin with a character like Freya's Blanchette to ultimately get both the photorealistic skintone you want and the face you want? Is that how morphs work? Can I just get the facial morphs if I already have the Texture and the base model (V4)?

I apologize if these are super-backward questions, but like I said, I'm playing catch-up. Any advice or help that anyone is willing to offer would be greatly appreciated.

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 1:11 PM

Character morphs and textures are independent -- you can use the texture from one set, and the morphs from another (or your own morphs).  Some characters ahve custom morphs that just require the base figure, others require morph packages like morphs++.

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 1:16 PM

Thanks. Where can I get a morph package like "morphs++"?

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 1:44 PM
l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 2:14 PM

Ah. And it's 30 bucks. That's how they get you.

So this is different than the morphs that came with V4.2 in the free download?

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 3:24 PM

Yeah, the Morphs++, the Elite Morphs, Aiko 4, etc. are all morph packages for V4.  If a figure states that it needs any of these, it's a good bet that the morph won't work if you don't have them.  And, lol,  yeah, that's how they get ya.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

l8sho ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 5:44 PM

Help again! I just purchased Morphs++ for Daz3d and I have absolutely no idea how to use it. All I'm getting when I click on my Victoria 4.2 is the same old morph settings I had before: bodybuilder, etc. Apparently, I downloaded something called the Power Loader as well, but I don't know what that's supposed to do either. 

mishamcm ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 9:36 PM

Here's what you need to do:
1 - I'm assuming you're using the default content location (DazStudioContent).  If not, let me know so we can make sure the V4.2EZ installed with D|S isn't messing up your full V4.2
2 - Install V4.2 and the V4.2 Base Powerloader, if you haven't already.
3 - Install Morphs++.  When it finishes it will ask if you want to Initialize -- click Yes and make sure it said it Initialized successfully.
4 - Install the Morphs++ Powerloader.

Now, when you double-click on V4.2 in the Content tab, the Powerloader will appear and let you check off which morphs you want to include.  Make sure Base and Morphs++ are checked.  Now V4.2 will load with morphs++ included.

l8sho ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 10:30 PM

Step 3: It didn't initialize successfully. I got an error message. What should I do?

l8sho ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 10:57 PM

Ah Ha! I just got it to initialize. The problem was that I had never downloaded the Victoria Base 4.2. I didn't know I had to. It said it came with the Morphs package, but it didn't. I'm going to rev up Daz and see if it kicks in now. Thanks for all your help! (I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again soon.)

wingnut1 ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2010 at 6:17 PM

No option to initialize popped up fpr me after installing Install Morphs++.  I got the "install successful" prompt and bumped over to the Daz site and that is all. I tried installing twice and still no option to initialize. Any suggestions please? I'm on Poser 8 and Windows 7.

mishamcm ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2010 at 7:48 PM

You can initialize manually by going to :runtime:libraries:!DAZ and running DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat (or-M4.bat).

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2010 at 8:33 AM

If you didn't have the option to initialise in the same place as the option to view the readme then it may be you aren't running the right installers - the big one, with a dpc number, should put the actual morph data on your system and offer the initialisation option.

theschell ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 1:05 PM

can also load morphs++ by going into your poses list in daz > studio> content as you would to apply poses mats etc... find the Daz's Victoria4 folder in your poses list in your content tab

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.