Tue, Sep 24, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 1:55 pm)

Subject: Simple Make-Up Question

l8sho ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 12:45 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 6:16 AM

I downloaded one of the make-up sets for V4 (eyeshadow, liner, lips) and I downloaded GIMP to put it all together. I played with the layering in GIMP.  My question is:  I'm using V4, a Pureskin body map, and a HeadINJ from a character morph. Now I want to put make-up on it. How do I appropriately save it in GIMP in order to call it up in DAZ?

mishamcm ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 8:45 AM

Once you've gotten it how you want it, save it as .jpg, then you'll be able to apply it in D|S.

l8sho ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 9:20 AM

I saved it under a new name in the same folder as the original. D/S didn't recognize it...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 9:35 AM

Apply the base texture with its usualy mat pose or material preset, so that everything else is going to be textured to match.

Go to View>Tabs>Surfaces to open the Surfaces palette.

In the Surfaces palette select Victoria's 1_SkinFace from the list of surfaces in the palette (I think it's at the top by default).

Click the button under the colour Bar for Diffuse, where the original texture map is listed, and choose browse... from the menu that pops up.

Find your modified texture in the file dialogue, select it and load it.

Save as a Materials preset for future use.

l8sho ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 5:00 PM

Thanks. That actually worked like a charm.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.