Sun, Sep 15, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: Modeling newbie needs help with morph target

visualkinetics ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 9:53 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:45 PM

file_188321.jpg

I'm not a newbie to this community, but I'm trying something new... making everything from scratch. I started a fairly simple project, modeling a fairy wing. I managed to texture it and made it into a posable figure, now I need to figure out how to make morph target dial that will make it flap. Just one that will keep it open at 0.00 and close it at 1.00. Each segment of the wing has been made into a separate body part, so I need to make a morph that will move all four parts at once. How do I go about mapping this thing so that it has a different map for front and back? I tried using UV Mapper, and pump out a big old mess. How do people get those nice texture templates? Thanks in advance for any help and tips. P.S. Can you guess what butterly wing that is?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 10:08 PM

Well, you can just move the vertices of the parts to the closed position in you modeling program and save a object file for each part, then load each as a morph target in Poser. If you want to move tham all from one dial, set all of them to 1.00 and make a full-body morph. After saying that, remember morphs are straight line, you could also go through the hierarchy editor and get them to bend. As to mapping, the only way to get a different map on the back would be to have another surface - is it single sided or two layers of mesh? Looks great, BTW. Monarch? I'm not much on butterflies!

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 10:21 PM

I love it! Great detail - especially around the edges.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 2:46 AM

When you get the wings sorted are you going to offer then for sale, they look great

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

visualkinetics ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 3:09 AM

Thanks Jim for the tip. I'll have to give making a full body morph a try. Hopefully there's a tutorial somewhere here at renderosity. The wings are from Ornithoptor goliath from my own private collection of butterflies. It's a very rare species belonging to the family what's commonly known as "bird wings". If I ever get around to figuring how all this works, I will either give it out or make more wings and sell them in a set... haven't decided yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.