Tue, Oct 22, 5:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Rendering objects with shadows only

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 16 March 2009 at 1:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:56 AM

Hi, I have Vue 6 Inifinite and I'd like, but I don't know if it is possible, to export an object and its relative shadow but not the terrain or ground plane where the above shadow is casted onto.
I tried hide the terrain from render, assigning a transparent material but none of these worked.
Any possibility to do that ?

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 16 March 2009 at 6:21 PM

You should render an object mask from the muiltipass options. You will make the complete redner, and at the same time, Vue ill create an object mask (b&w render you can use in a paint program to cut out the object from the rest of the scene), and a material mask, which is a colour render of the obejct, and nothing else but the object.

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 16 March 2009 at 6:29 PM

Thanks for your answer, but this solution would not work if you render an animation ...

BTW, if I understood it correctly Vue7 should have the feature to render shadows only, am I correct ?

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 2:50 AM

No shadow catching in Vue.  What you are trying to do might be possible with xStream + Lightwave.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 2:54 AM

Vue can also render shadows only, if you use the shadow pass from the multipass options.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 3:19 AM

Just the shadows?  Or in addition to the regular Vue render?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.