Tue, Sep 24, 6:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 1:55 pm)

Subject: V4 Arms/Shoulders Fix?

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 11:13 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 6:18 AM

So, yeah, it seems like sometimes -- most of the time -- the creases at V4's shoulder joints go from her armpits to practically the top of her shoulders. Is there anything to be done about that? 

I feel like I saw something labeled arm fix on here a few days ago, but a search didn't reveal it. Any suggestions?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 11:21 AM

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 11:34 AM

Great, thanks!  (I know it's only $5, but does this seem like a justifiable expense to you?)

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 11:40 AM · edited Tue, 17 March 2009 at 11:43 AM

Actually, I'm seriously thinking about this one because I do a lot of stuff with V4 and those arm pits just bug the heck out of me.

edit:  make that I just bought it!  LOL!

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 11:56 AM

There was also a free fix made by Will Dupree -- you might want to try that one first, I'll see if I can track down the link.

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 12:08 PM

Thanks. I'd love that.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 12:30 PM

Gotta tell you, I have the one by Will DuPree and it works just fine but I like this one a lot more.  I just used it on a new character I'm working on and it's great!

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 12:42 PM

What's better about it?

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 12:58 PM

I use the free one and it seems to work fine also.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 1:03 PM

I'm willing to try it out. Does anyone know where to get it?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 1:08 PM

IMHO, it gives a more natural looking arm and shoulder connection.  I don't regret using Will's before but I thing this one is a little nicer.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 1:19 PM

There is one here ...

V4 arm pit fix

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

lisarichie ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 3:24 PM · edited Tue, 17 March 2009 at 3:25 PM

Quote -  I'm willing to try it out. Does anyone know where to get it?

freedownloads.daz3d.com/2008-XmasCardWill.zip

Will's fix looks okay from the front but the the back is not as good as the promos shown for the commercial item here on Renderosity.

The freebie by dburdick linked to in the reply above is for Poser, it works fairly well though requires a more hands on approach.

l8sho ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2009 at 8:03 AM

Okay, I downloaded both of the free ones. One of them says I have to run a script. How do I do that?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2009 at 9:21 AM

Will's fix requires that you unzip it to the same content folder as the rest of Victoria 4 and then run the updater shortcut that V4 put on your desktop when installed, or Runtimelibraries!DAZMakeExPFiles-v4 if you don't have the shortcut anymore. That enables it to use its own slot, rather than using one of the basic free slots and possibly clashing with some other morph.

radstorm ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 8:46 AM

Does that tool also help with forearms? Seems sometimes V4 looks like the amazing rubber woman..stretch / twist marks galore..lol

l8sho ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 9:20 AM

It doesn't. Maybe there's another tool for that somewhere. Anyone?

radstorm ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 9:27 AM

I am hopping from here to daz asking all kinds of stuff..I will probably be retarded by lunch time..lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.